Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused
Jaimieleemuniz posted:
Im an overweight 20 year old who is constantly picked on and harassed because of my weight. I have no family support or friend support. Basically I am on my own. Ive never had a boyfriend and Im still a virgin. Im sick and tired of being picked on and I just want to be beautiful. Im always an emotional wreck and im always crying. I guess You can call me an emotional eater. I just want to change but my motivation only lasts for a few days then Im back on my ass. I dont know how to stick to a diet and I need help. No one wants to help[ me. If some one is out there..... please........ Help me.
-Alex

jis4judy responded:
Hi Jamie welcome aboard diets are ok for 5 to 10 pounds but if you have a few more to lose you really have to change your mind about food since you have no one to help you you will have to make sure you treat you good and take care of your body because it is carrying you around . I had some success with makeing small changes at first eating healthier foods eliminateing proccessed foods I don't blieve in giveing things totally up just limiting them to proper portions .
You can start by substituting water in place of any calorie loaded drinks . and begin a new relationship with foods that are gonna do your body good .. we have a very supportive members here you are welcome to join us ..

try to focus your changes to include fruits vegies fat free milk and yogurt lean meats whole grains nuts in moderation

at 20 you should be able to remove weight somewhat easier than I did.. I started when I was 60 and I thought it was impossable for me to lose any weight so I ate as healthy as I could and only good for me foods to norish my body and the weight loss part was a delightfull surprise. simple walking will do for exercise I hope some of this helps
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Jamie/Alex,

I am going to give you a hug, then some tough-love. Who do any of us really have? ME, MYSELF and I! You got to look yourself in the mirror EVERYDAY and say to YOU, I am going to do my best TODAY to create the person I want to be.

If you do have a binge or a slip, that is OK but don't use that as a reason or excuse to continue. You are human and that will happen just go on and get over it!

Make little changes you can stick with. Eat more veggies and fruit, low cal yogurt and 64 oz water. Walk more, just 15 min a day will help.

Maybe volunteer at an animal shelter just to stop thinking about the negative. You are the only person who can change YOU and to start you got to start.

Barb

blondie454u responded:
I agree with Barb! Just do it! Get tips and help from us. Don't beat yourself up. Instead love yourself like no one else has before. In order for someone to love you, you have to love yourself. In order for someone else to have confidence in you, you have to have confidence in yourself. Everyday look in the mirror and say I love myself, I am beautiful, and I deserve the best of everything. Meaning you deserve to be healthy and happy.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Jaimieleemuniz replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy! I really and truly thank you. Eliminating the processed food seems like a good idea. Also consuming more amounts of water and keeping that as my primary fluid sounds like a good plan. Im going to go ahead and try it! thanks for your help =>

Jaimieleemuniz replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks Barb!! the tough love rally does work. I feel like there is someone out there looking out for me. Maybe i do need to look in the mirror everyday and say those things to keep me motivated. Thats my problem. the lack of motivation. I want a change and if i hyave to look in the mirror everyday and say that to myself to get me motivated, then by all means that is what i will do. 64 oz. of water is tough to do for me right now. I've been trying everyday to drinkl 64 oz. but its too much for me right now.

Any advice?

-Jaimie

Jaimieleemuniz replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks amber. This means a lot to me. reading your post is motivating me to be a better and healthier person everyday. Im glad I have some supporters out there. I want to transform and hopefully one day love myself the way I am supposed to. Thanks for all your help

-Jaimie

blondie454u replied to Jaimieleemuniz's response:
You're welcome!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u replied to Jaimieleemuniz's response:
Jaimie,

About the 64 oz. water....go to the dollar store and buy two 32 oz. bottles (plastic). Mix Crystal Light (all kinds of flavors). You can get the dollar store "Crystal Light" version. That's how I started. Mix them up and keep in fridge. Keep out where you can see and don't leave house without one!

I think you really want to do this. You sound stronger in your posts, really. Just keep going, one small change and add on slowly. The turtle did win the race!

Keep posting. Posting keeps me on track. I didn't think I needed support to eat less and move more but I get off track if I don't come here.

BTW, look at where you will be in a year from now if you don't start the healthier lifestyle. A year older, maybe heavier and less fit/toned. For sure, I would get heavier and out of shape.....this takes effort and YOU are worth it!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Renee. I am 29 years old, a wife and have a four year old daughter. I am currently going to school to get my ASN and become a registered nu...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.