Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Healthy Weight
Molyal posted:
Hello, I'm new to this community, but I have something I wish to discuss with fellow members. I'm using the WebMD tools for tracking diet,weight,and fitness. When I created my personal plan, the suggested health weight for my height is 125 to 169. I'm just wondering if, when medical professionals calculate this healthy weight range, they take the bone structure of the individual into account? I'm wondering because I have a large bone structure. And I personally think that if I were to weigh 125 to 169, I would be under weight and look sickly. So, for my weight goal I put 195. Does anyone have an answer or comment about this? Thanks!

Take the Poll

Why are you trying to lose weight?
  • To be healthy and prevent physical illnesses.
  • To get healthy and diminish some physical illnesses.
  • Because I don't like the way I look.
  • My significant other thinks I need to lose weight.
  • My significant other thinks I should lose weight for health issue
vote
View Poll Results

abnersmom responded:
Hi Molyal, I think they do account for that to a certain extent - thus the wide range of healthy weight, but you should choose a goal that YOU are happy with. So, if 195 is where you want to be, then that should be your goal. Measurements (especially belly) often tell us more about our health than the scale and are an important part of our journeys to better health.

It's great that you are using the tracker! Keeps us honest and on track. Welcome aboard!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy responded:
Yes Debbie is right thats why the range is so big the thing it doesn;t account for is muscle if you have more muscle you will be smaller in size but heavier in weight .
You are the person to decide what weight works for you why not make 195 your goal and see how you feel when you get there ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ok I am at it again, lost track of how many times I have tried to lose weight.About 12 yrs ago I separated from my husband and started a diet of ma...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.