Skip to content
Is it possible?
tristaj90 posted:
So I am officially down to 144.8 today (I had to be below 145 to be in the "healthy weight range" per the BMI standards. I looked up my measurements as tracked on myfitnesspal from when I first started. I am down a total of 56.8 inches. How is that even possible? It doesn't seem real. I feel that it's absolutely crazy. Now if only the skin would snap back into place. I would like to have it be a bit tighter before the hubby and I try for baby #2. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about it though (or how long it may take for the skin to start tightening).
I am however much happier with the way my body is overall. I like being in a size 8 jeans and a size medium sweatshirt/tshirt. I thank you ladies for always having a positive attitude toward each other's journeys. I do enjoy reading about everyone while I'm at work. I just wish I could get on more often to keep up with you guys!
My plan is still to lose another 10 more pounds and then if I gain a few back I won't complain. I will maintain my weight between 135-140 (that's the hope anyway!)
~SW 234 CW 144.8 Goal 135~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
congrats Trista on reaching your healthy weight the loose skin is another problem we or most of us faced It will take as much as 18 months to tighten as much as it can .
if after 18 months maintaining and exerciseing it doesn;t tighten then you might consider a tummy tuck . my skin did tighten but not completly I still have some on my upper arms inner thighs and tummy not a lot just enough for me to notice with my clothes on I look fine ..Now I am older so it is expected that my skin would not go back to normal but the younger you are and if you have great genes It also depends on how long the skin had been stretched mine was stretched about 10 years and I think I have good genes my age is a problem for me I am 70
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
WTG on getting below 145!!!

WOW losing almost 57 inches, too! I think the skin takes some time to tighten up. Consistent exercise and healthy eating helps. I noticed this taking place in my mid section. Maintaining weightloss helps, too.

Your baby is a cutie!

Barb

totallywiggedout responded:
Trista, your being younger will help because you have more elasticity in your skin than most of the rest of us "older than dirt" folks, lol.
You started and succeeded way earlier than alot of us and you will reap the benefits for far longer if you can maintain your healthier way of life.
Congrats on the weightloss and even better, the inches lost.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
Congrats, Trista! You have done so well. That's fabulous about all those inches. Really puts the whole journey in perspective, doesn't it.

I bought my first pair of size 8 jeans at the Gap last week. I think I would have bought them no matter what they looked like on me just because I could get into a size 8!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

blondie454u responded:
Congrats!!!!!! I have loose skin every where but I would rather have it than the fat any day.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, "Older than dirt" folks, huh? Me and DH call each other peat moss....I think that's the REALLY old stuff! LOL

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, There is something so COOL about being able to get into a size 8 jean, WTG!!!! There is no stopping now.

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I did the same thing with those "booty" jeans just before Christmas. Zipped into the teen 16s, hated the way they sat on my tailbone, but loved the "SIZE" lol, bought two just because of that, lol
They are tricky things to wear though. It's akin to wearing a skirt or dress that's a bit shorter than you feel comfortable with.... as soon as a breeze hits your butt, you pull at those clothes to "cover" the offending places , lol.
All day long pullng at the waistband to try to make em just a little higher..... ungh! Aleecia says they fit like they are supposed to and that I look good in them. They do make my legs look skinnier but having those teeny tiny back pockets riding down low on my butt cheeks is a little strange, i gotta tell you.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Oh, I'm WAY older than peat moss..... I gotta be. I think I'm actually well on my way to "as old as the hills".
huggs'
k
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yep, it was pretty exciting to be able to wear those 8s, Kim and Barb. It took me a while to get used to the mid-rise jeans, Kim. I haven't tried the really low-rise. I don't think I'd be comfortable.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

Look at you and Debbie "rock'n" your jeans!

Barb

P.S. As you can see I am posting ALOT today. This is really helping me not do random eating. I guess the first days of really getting back are the hardest. Posting is helping me not eat and getting my mind back in control.

Now you are getting me going......I tried to think of the oldest person I know. Betty White comes to mind. She is 90 and quite a "girl". Still a big flirt and witty. Do you think she lies about her age and is younger. LOL

Barb

tristaj90 replied to abnersmom's response:
I know what you mean. I loved getting into an 8. My grandma works at a thrift type store and they have clothes. I asked her to get a size 8 for me because I wanted "shrink into" jeans. When she got them I tried them on and they fit. I was amazed. I am not one to wear low rise jeans. I like jeans that sit across my belly button..
~SW 234 CW 144.8 Goal 135~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt

jean4u replied to tristaj90's response:
Trista, I love thrift stores. You can get some designer clothes and not break your bank, especially good when you are in the processes of going down in sizes. Also a great place to get exercise equipment.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi. My name is Cindy and I am a life learner. I am a 54 year old diabetic with anxiety issues along with other medical problems. I was active througho...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.