Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What have you done today or plan to make this a healthy day?
jean4u posted:
I am drinking alot of tea to subdue my craving for sodium foods and fill my tummy.

I will make some Talapia and salad for dinner.

I made air-popped popcorn for snacks.

Did one hour elliptical. Going to mall walk later.

This is Monday, and it is January 7th....already! Time to get real!!!

Barb

P.S. For my after dinner "treat" I will put 1/2 frozen banana and some other frozen fruit, a bit of milk, Splenda in the blender. This takes a bit of blend, stir, blend, stir, but it makes a really great sorbet.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

blondie454u responded:
Sounds Yummy!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout responded:
That does sound good!
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Today is Jan. 8. I think I need to post my daily plan until it gets to be "habit" since I got off track in Dec..

I stayed on plan yesterday....WHEW! Was a bit tough but worth it. Seems like I can stay on plan all day and then blow it on salty snacks at night.

Having tea w/lemon. Two big mugs. Small grapefruit, 2 eggwhites and Canadian bacon.

One hr. on elliptical. Mall walk.

Crystal Light and air popcorn, one string cheese.

Big salad and grilled chicken. Fresh fruit for snack, too (but not right after salad),

Dance night and water, water. Have a chocolate Fiber One bar if snack needed.

Barb

P.S. I did see the scale down .5 pound, so this is going to take some work. Also, I got to get re-focused when I do get back and work harder at maintenance.

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Hey Barb, a half a lb is a half a lb... 2 stix of butter right there girl! way to go!
I know what you mean about not posting your meals vs tryin to stay on track. Ever since they changed the planner, time before last, and it got "different and somewhat less easy", I haven't tracked my meals. And coincidentally , that's when I stopped losing and just went stagnant, along with the boys moving in it was just a bit too dietarily confusing.
So, here we go again. I feel like I'm saying I'm starting over. Which in essence is what I'm doing.
I have about 70 down and 45 to go.
I am starting today to log what I eat. No cheating, no putting it off, no kidding around.
I need that hip replacement. But even so, I was disappointed to have my orthopedic surgeon tell me that I need to start walking with a cane or (gasp!) a walker to alleviate my lower back pain. I'm unsure how to get back into my walking regime because of this as my walking park has gravel and uneven walkways.
One thing after another, I guess.
One thing at a time, though. As in the beginning of the beginning. Concentrate on food first, then the exercise. It worked before, it's gonna work again.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout responded:
Im game.... Today is Jan 8... down .2 lbs ....
Today I'm going to try to not cave, lol
Breakfast
Mocha Java Avocado Smoothie
coffee
20 oz water
AM Snack
Cottage cheese w/ skinny pineapple chunks
Late Lunch
1/2 Heart Healthy Pita stuffed with 1/2 pkg Carl Buddig Honey roast turkey, 1/2 sliced apple, handful of baby spinach and mustard
Dinner
Oven crisped chicken tenders
1 Sweet Potato , cut and crisped into "chips"
1 Tblsp Ranch Dressing thinned with water for chicken dip
PM Snack
air popped popcorn , 3 cups total with lite salt and pkt of stevia, and butter flavored Crisco spray
huggs
k

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, Maybe WallyWorld? (for walking) Use the cart for relief on lower back.

Thanks for the mental picture of 2 sticks of butter. Can't wait to see a full one pound!

How long you going to try to put off hip replacement? I'm not rushing in for my bi-lateral knee job. The latest knee dr. I went to said I would know when "the time" came. Tell you what, it seems that when I take long car trips, those are the worst for my knees. Keeping active is key for me. BTW, the knee dr. asked if I had hip problems and said when knees are out of line that could cause hip problems as well. Just like you and bad hip causing back pain.

Great for you to be down 70!!!! WTG!!!!

Just think if you weren't back I'd be all by myself on this board.....probably would start writing back to my posts, too.Ha ha!

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
responding to your own posts..... God, that's sad! lol
I am now 7 years post accident that crushed my hip... all along I said I wanted to wait 5 because that's how long it took for my right knee(which was crushed in , yep, a car accident, 20 years ago) to stop acting like a flaming fool every time it rained.... So, I guess I have definitely met my goal and then some.... I've been scared to go through with it with my weight though. At 253 lbs, I stood a "hefty" chance of stroking on the table. This was a HUGE worry for me since both my maternal grandmother and my mother had strokes.
So.... this is the real reason for the journey, although so far I have benefitted from weightloss by getting my bp under control and getting off the meds for it.
My health is important to me, more so now that I'm older than ever before. The journey will be forever and so will my improving health. Like Judy..... I hope to continue on a healthier path until my last breath. She's done it right. I only can hope to follow such a great example.
huggs
k

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Okay, okay, I'll join in on this. I'd like to think that exercise is my only struggle right now, but I'm kidding myself. Have to keep control of the food as well. It is easier now that the holidays are over though.

Today:

1 C. oatmeal with blueberries and skim milk (ran out of walnuts)

we are having a divisional luncheon today - they are bringing in Chinese so I will have to watch portions and choices carefully. There will be desserts, but I don't have a problem avoiding those.

Dinner will be broiled chicken breast and mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)

Afternoon snack, depending on how much damage I do at lunch will be a pear and maybe some string cheese

Yoga today and a walk after work.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

I forgot that you had those car accidents. I think we got the same motivation to get as healthy as we can before our surgeries. Wow, avoiding your family history of strokes is definitley worth the work, too. I see people, of all ages, that have suffered strokes and it makes me feel blessed to be where I am in life and able to work at getting healthier.

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I don't post my daily schedule on a regular basis but I really think when I struggle to get back at it, it really helps me. Also, when I first came here, in 2010, I saw people posting their daily schedules and it made me see what I had to do to. Real awakening for me. The sheer consistency of what these "losers/maintainers" were doing day-in-day-out showed in their posts.

Looks like you are a gal with a plan!

I got to go grocery shopping today, put it off long enough. Will do extra "laps" in the store.

Barb

P.S. Still 1/2 lb. down and want to see more!!!

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Well, yesterday went ok. I didn't lose anything on the scale but , I didn't fudge on my meal plan either. NO CHEETOS! yay me. Also, while shopping yesterday, slowed down but didn't stop at the Whoppers, and the Starburst that I thought about wanting, lol. Over my vacation, I admit that I denied myself NOTHING. If I wanted it, I got it. So I'm pretty proud of my returning balance of authority over my urges. NO means NO! Have some more water , Kim.....

The only things I changed yesterday was I didn't have time for the cottage cheese snack and I subbed two slices ww bread for the pita, since I had the bread in the car and was just about ready to chew my own arm off from hunger while still out running around, shopping.
Calorie wise it evened out but I didn't like the carb substitute so I'm planning on planning a little better for today.
Breakfast
coffee
rolled oat oatmeal with diced apples and golden raisins
AM snack
Big green meanie smoothie
Lunch
Cold leftover curry chicken tenders wrapped in romaine leaves with apple butter
Dinner
Tuna Melt on heart healthy pita
Tomato soup, 1 cup
PM snack
Other cup of tomato soup

huggs
kim

Good Girl Kim!

Scale the same here, too. Eating good today, so far.

Two mugs tea, grapefruit, 1/4 cup ff/cottage cheese.

20 oz. Crystal Light. One Laughing Cow cheese wedge and 1 cup veggies (carrots, celery and radishes).

One cup fruit (raspberries, blueberries and strawberies). Small portion of left over Talapia and 1/2 cup chopped spinach.

Confession: Late last night I got the munchies and searched under DH's side of bed (where he keeps a stash of chips), no luck. But maybe I was in luck that I saw empty bag in garbage. All Gone! Close call! I probably would be up today on scale if I found some.

What were you saying "NO means NO"! I will keep that in mind!!!

Barb

P.S. Later will be more spinach, salad and small amount of chicken. Maybe popcorn (air popped). Also TEA!!!!

P.S.S. Did 1 hr. on elliptical, will mall walk 1 hr. and grocery shop w/extra laps.

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
WTG, Kim and Barb! I can so see myself searching under the bed and everywhere else for chips if I thought they were in the house somewhere, Barb. Glad they were all gone.

Kept it under control at the luncheon yesterday so no damage done.

old-fashioned oats w/ skim milk and blueberries again for breakfast

2 C. tom soup and 1 Cutie for lunch

snack will probably be salsa and kashi stone ground crackers

Chicken breast for dinner (haven't decided how to fix yet) with green beans and 2 small red potatoes roasted

Walked yesterday, but not looking good for today - weather is rainy and miserable. Yoga will have to suffice today. And yes, I have a treadmill, but I absolutely hate it.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

MiaPa1208 replied to abnersmom's response:
god, im falling into that danger zone-after dropping over 100 lbs, im thinking- how hard would be to lose 10 or so lbs?- so im not as strict with my diet as i should be.....typing this and munching on pop chips......
Mia: SW 270'ish,CW 165, GW 150/ 5'9

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. I am happy to find this group! Over the last 10 years, I have allowed the pounds to creep up slowly. Now I find myself 57 pounds overweight! I...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.