Skip to content
Been Bad
maybembt posted:
Hi Everyone,
I am back from the states. I missed everyone. I didn't have internet and could only read emails when I was at McDonalds. I ended up eating a lot so junk food so I could read my email. As a result I gained 10 lbs! I am back now and don;t have to buy junk food to read my email. I can now get back to my normal routine and take this new weight off.
The near future looks bright.
Marybeth 228-198-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Hi Marybeth nice to see you back I was not so nice over the holidays myself put on a few pounds trying to get back in gear so I can remove them ... How is your wrist I hope all is better now
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

maybembt replied to jis4judy's response:
I came back with aerobic step, stretch bands, and a new exercise DVD. The hand/wrist is still a little swollen but I can now many things with it. The nerves are rebellious. I tell the hand to do something and it doesn't immediately respond. I have dropped or knocked over many things, because the hand didn't respond right away. It is frustrating. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Marybeth 228-198-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

MiaPa1208 replied to maybembt's response:
please dont be too hard on yourself, i work so hard to get to my goal weight and yet over the holidays-thanksgiving(well,day before) till now i managed to gain 16 lbs. But then who didnt??!!delicious holidays! . Its ok, i will lose it before summer, so will you!!!! we are getting back on track and staying on it!!!
Mia: SW 270'ish,CW 165, GW 150/ 5'9

totallywiggedout responded:
Funny, Marybeth, I was just thinking about you this morning. Wonderng why you hadn't checked in as yet, from your Holiday sabatical.
Glad that your wrist is getting better, slowly to be sure, but still better by the day, right? It was a nasty break so give it time.
I love exercise bands, they are great for passive resistance workouts and are way less stressful on your joints than free weights or even weight machines.
I hope your holiday was wonderful. Even if you did have to eat at MickeyDs too darned often, lol.
I had to do the same thing at Culver's when I went to Michigan. You feel foolish just lugging in your computer to use the free internet without ordering something, right?
If your posted weight is right, you and I have about the same amount of weight left to go to goal.... we can make it.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Hi Marybeth,

I read recently "how will you know when you ave made the switch to a healthy lifestyle", answer: when you know "junk eating" and lack of exercise is not your "normal" and when you know you must get back to your real nomal, i.e. the healthy lifestyle. Yaay us!!!

Here's to all of us to get back to our real normal in 2013!

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Welcome back Marybeth!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Welcome back, Marybeth. You have been missed. Sounds like you are raring to go in 2013! I overindulged part of the holiday as well, but luckily I have shed that and back to maintaining. It's nice to be in such a supportive group, isn't it?

Happy New Year to you!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Barb, I love that! I never thought about that the way I eat now is my "normal" now, but it is! I think it is for us all because everyone said how yucky they felt after eating junk (even though we enjoyed that holiday junk) and how much better they felt when they got back on track. I think we've got it!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I remember when I first came here and seeing that word "lifestyle" and scanning by it quickly because I was looking for a "diet". Lose my weight and go back to eating like usual. I found it annoying to think I had to change my life to lose weight. Funny and interesting how we can change our perspective on things.

It took a bit of time and many small changes but that is what it takes to build a healthy lifestyle.

Here's to US and ADDING to our healthy lifestyles in 2013!!!

Barb

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Yay us! That 'diet" and thinking that you could go back to your old ways is why I lost and gained so many times, Barb. Glad I came here and got such good info!

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Diets keep us in the "yo-yo" syndrome. That is just not healthy for our bodies or our minds.

Barb

Happy Saturday ALL!!!

tristaj90 replied to jean4u's response:
I don't know about yo-yo dieting, but I can't wait until I reach my goal weight and go into maintenance calories so I have more I can eat.. I miss some foods. I have cut out some foods to help me lose but maybe when I'm maintaining I will be able to eat them once in a while again. My husband works at Casey's and I'm so tempted to buy a pizza there, but at 320 some calories a slice it is very discouraging. I just want to eat it though! But until I get to my maintenance journey, I'm not going to eat it.
~SW 234 CW 144.8 Goal 135~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt

totallywiggedout replied to tristaj90's response:
Your willpower astounds me, Trista. Really.
You are still so young but when you made up your mind, that was it. No going back, no holds barred..... I don't think that you've slipped even once.
Wish I had your stamina to get to the end before stumbling. lol
well, I'll get there.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

tristaj90 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, I honestly have had my days where I've reached around 1800 calories. I track EVERYTHING via myfitnesspal.com and I try to stay in the 1150-1300 calories range. I have not been doing much for physical activity lately. I do slip up sometimes, but when going out to eat I try to eat the healthiest I can. I just don't do the whole pizza thing, and sometimes my family will want to so I get thin crust cheese pizza and again, watch the calorie intake. My mom thinks I'm obsessive with my counting and measuring portions. I am just EXTREMELY motivated to get to 135-140 pounds. Right now I'm bouncing from 144-146 but I will get there.
I am extremely confident you will get to your goal too! ^_^
~SW 234 CW 144.8 Goal 135~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently took the plunge into stay-at-home mom-hood. I have four children, ranging in age from 1.5 to 17; two are step-children and two are by pregn...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.