Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My eye doc report
jis4judy posted:
Hi all I am so pleased to report my eyes are not only stable but there is improvement in the retina it is looking healthier less signs of macualr degeneration so I think I am on to something with my nutrition quest
It appears there was something called dresden little yellow spots on the retina it is uasually the first sign of the probel Doc said mine were shrinking and thats good also in bad eye the scar tissue is also shrinking and I couldn;t be more pleased .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
That's so great Judy! It's amazing how we can heal ourselves by simply taking care of ourselves. Nature has everything we need to heal and stay healthy!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Oh Judy! That is wonderful, terrific and miraculous news! You doctor should have you working with her/his other patients teaching them nutrition for their eyes!! At the very least, I am so glad that you are on this board teaching and supporting us as we strive to be like you!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi ladies thanks Debbie My Doc is sceptical he thinks it is my genetics and not my nutrition quest I think it could be both .. because he said even vegetarians have this problem I pointed out that vegetarians probably eat more pastries than I do because they don'e eat meat .LOl

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
You know, it seems to me that these doctors preach eat low fat, etc., etc. for your health and then when you improve your health eating nutritiously, they never credit the change! For example, when I started this battle with cholesterol, my doctor said "no fried foods, etc., etc" Well, I hadn't been eating fried foods for quite a while, but I made other changes as you all know. So the next time I went and the numbers were better, he says "you know, diet is only a small part of your cholesterol numbers.so don't be discouraged if you have to go on medication." Of course, I know that it's not all diet, but it seems like they contradict themselves so often. Makes me crazy!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Yes Debbie the things you eat and exercise help with cholesteral numbers But sometimes it is also genetics and drOz had a doc on that said another test called particle test of the ldl to see if it had large or small partcle that is the way to find out if you have too much bad stuff the number isn;t important \

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh Debbie BTW when I encounter someone in the waiting room I tell them all about my nutrition quest and let them know it is working to make me healthier.. and is now helping my eyes my intended target at the start of this journey .

rohvannyn responded:
Awesome that your eyes show some improvement! While diet isn't the only answer, I think improving it and getting more nutrition would HAVE to have some effect and it baffles me why any physician would discount that. Are they really saying that someone who eats white bread and fried foods all day is going to have the same cholesterol level (and eye health) as someone who gets lots of colorful fruits and veggies, lean protein, and clean water? Funny. Congratulations, keep it up!
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jean4u responded:
Great work and news!

I really feel that Nature provides us with many foods, teas, etc.. that have the power to heal. Combine that with a healthy lifestyle and positive attitude and you are on fire.

Judy, I think that the information and sharing and support you give here is Karma, the good you give comes back to you.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been struggling with my weight for about 15 years. I was doing well after having three kids and was on my way to losing all my baby weight. The...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.