Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello Everyone
aseamons posted:
The prospect of taking control of my weight and my eating habits is quite terrifying. After being in a 10 year marriage full of depression and self-doubt I awoke to find myself significantly overweight. I gained quite a bit of weight with each of my 2 children and never really lost any of it. The marriage ended 4 years ago. I've achieved so may things personally since then but overcoming obesity is not one of them. I'm now in a healthy relationship and engaged to be married in October. I would love to look beautiful in a wedding dress, but even more, I would love to be healthy and to be able to live my life to the fullest. I'm incredibly self-reliant and feel there isn't anything I can't overcome...but I've realized maybe reaching out to others for support is the piece I've been missing.

abnersmom responded:
Welcome aseamons! You have come to the right place for support. I felt much the same way when I started this journey for the last time. Actually, I would feel quite depressed thinking of giving up all the foods that I loved, especially chips for me. What I learned here from some wonderful ladies who have been maintaining a long time, is that you must not deprive yourself of all the foods that you love. I have chips occasionally at a party or at a Mexican Restaurant. It's a nice treat, but I know that I cannot have them in my home.

Sounds like you have a lot going for you and congrats on the upcoming wedding! I look forward to hearing about your plan to eat nutritiously. Tell us more....
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy responded:
hi aseamons
welcome aboard Debbie is right there is no need to completely eliminate any particular food as long as it is less often than you usually have it .
I made a deal with myself about Icecream I had to stay on my healthy plan a month with zero slips then and only then I could go to an icecream shoppe and order a dish of icecream 1 serveing since I no longer buy it and keep it out of my home It is no longer a problem for me .the best tip is to keep the foods that are your trigger foods out of your shopping cart therefor out of your home ... the first year I got icecream 6 times the second year was about 3 times last year I forgot altogether to go out for ice cream so my demon food is no longer a problem I am still not trusting myself to have it in my house
If we can help any more just ask
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Hi aseamons,

Sounds like you have your "ready" button ready to push. I think we have to be in a place in our lives when the time is right for us to get going and it looks like you are there.

I must admit the thought of changing my lifestyle was a bit daunting to me. I could not have done it without the support here and being able to sound-off in my posts.

Sounds like you have a lovely future planned. I like that your focus is to be healthy and live life to the fullest and that will happen by making healthier choices in what you eat and how you add movement each day.

Let us know how you are doing.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a lot of weight to lose and hoping that I can get help and support from others on here and I hope that I can return the help and support too (s...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.