2 Letter, 10 Words: MOTIVATION!!!
jean4u posted:
IF IT IS TO BE,

IT IS UP TO ME!!!

Say it and let's DO it!!!

Barb
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Hi Barb I like that It is up to me and we have to make decisions no matter what we do it is a matter of makeing concious decisins that benifit our bodys .. because if we don;t then we make the decisions not to be healthy ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Preach to us, sista!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie & Judy, Sometimes it is these simple phrases that stick in our minds. Nike's "Just do it". When I get too "talky-talky" in my head it helps to switch to "Just do it" and get off the couch or offline.

Barb

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Barb, I have these conversations in my head, more about finding excuses for not exercising than food. Your advice to STOP and "just do it" is right on. Thanks!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

Yep, better to be sore from a workout than SORRY we did not workout. Read that recently.

Barb

P.S. It is about making good choices.

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Toward the middle of fall, when my walks and my journey seemed to become tedious, I'd drive to my walking park and sit there, drinking coffee and wondering why it had gotten so darned hard., and if I really wanted to take that mornings walk, then I'd tell myself "it's only a mile, kim" and that would get me out and going.
When the digits drop on the scales, it keeps me motivated to perform. When the digits started slowing down, them stopping altogether back in late Aug. , I lost it. And am still to this day trying to find my way back the road my journey was taking.
I know enough not to let myself go completely off the rails, but can't seem to find the "push" button that will shove me off in the right direction again.
I'm here though. And I know that this is the only place, the only thing in my journey that won't change. Even if I'm not doing much else to get started, I'm at least hanging onto THIS "thread" as my lifeline.
huggs to all of wonderful people
k
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, I recently read this analogy about losing weight.....like you say, when the #'s are going down it is a "high" very rewarding and enticing. When that "honeymoon" period ends or slows, we lose our interest, too. Valerie Bertinelli spoke about this as something she struggled with...how to keep going when you don't get those same perks.

I think you have a combo-effect of the #'s slowing down, going through the holidays and that roadtrip. You have been out of your routine for awhile due travel and that takes time mentally and physically to re-group.

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Sometimes, I wonder, Barb, if the search for "instant gratification" as with over eating/eating unhealthy foods as well as watching the scale numbers drop away isn't actually a mental disorder.
It is a kind of addiction, isn't it? You can easily become addicted to the "high" of losing weight, then get that depressive let down of withdrawl when they slow down and/or stop.
Perhaps I should look up the "12 step" programme for alcoholics anonymous to see if the steps don't help get me over this bump.
I think that , like our give and take in developing the "right" way to eat, helpful recipes with foods to our personal tastes, the exercises that we prefer and work best for our lifestyles and personal physical limitations, etc.... that knowledge and information from other , previously unexplored options (like maybe the 12 step programme) could be utilized to their maximum potential in helping us with our goals.
That, unlike with "diets", our lifestyle, our journeys if you will ,are always "in flux" and can be bent this way and that to make our goal not only attainable, but liveable, forever.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, Brings up a question, how many or what percentage of people will put it back on? I read anywhere from 90% to 60%. That is pretty scary. So let's fight for all our might to be in the elite. The % that keeps learning and getting support that we need to keep on our journeys.

I think what you said about our journeys always being "in flux" is a light-bulb, Oprah, if you will, moment. Knowledge is POWER!

I hear you about that "instant gratification" eating/disorder. I'm sure that is what I do late night salty snacks. Once I start, hard to stop and I'm not really hungry.

Sharing this struggle does help. Similar to calling an AA sponsor, I guess.......

Barb

blondie454u responded:
I love this Barb. Also people have to realize it's not about being skinny or looking like a model. It's about you and you being healthy. Most of health issues and weight issues are caused by food. If people were more aware of that poison they are putting in their bodies, it could change one's outlook. Eating at a natural state is best!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to blondie454u's response:
You are so right, Amber. I continue to learn and read about processed foods. I watched a documentary and learned some things that I want to research a bit more. The info they gave on artificial sweeteners was frightening. I still drink Sprite Zero, but I'm seriously thinking of giving it up. Except for the occasional piece of gum, I don't think I get any other artificial sweeteners.
Also about jarred marinara sauce - which is not something I have very often, but.... I'm going to quit being lazy and make my own which I do sometimes and have a great recipe, but it sure is easier after work to open a jar. I am going to become a better label reader for sure.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie
I make my own soup base too and when you make sauce you can bag it and freeze it till you need it and that nearly as easy as opening a jar.
I avoid all artificial sweeteners
I save the backs and necks of whole chickens that I cut up and gisards too I toss away the liver .. I freeze these in the frezer and bring them out to make stock then make broth from using the stock and more backs and necks the usual vegies I add in when makeing stock are onions garlic carrots celery stems I save from spinach and the bottoms of asparagus the part I used to toss and this makes about the best broth ever it also get bay leaves and a pinch of dried ginger when I make it into soup sometimes garllic powder too I usuall cook an extra breast or 2 to dice and add to the soup at the last 10 minutes
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy I make my stock similar to yours minus the ginger. I will try that next time.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

This is a process. In the beginning it seems like alot of work, but then it gets to be intruiging, how there is information out there to help us learn and make better choices.

I notice some of the chain grocery stores offer their verson of organic salsas and marinara sauces, etc..

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im a 17 year old girl. Next fall i will be a senior in high school. All ive ever wanted is to walk into a room and have people stare cause i look..wel...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.