Skip to content
Just getting started
An_249841 posted:
I have just signed up for this diet. I really need some encourgement getting started and staying with it....any ideas.

jis4judy responded:
Hi An
Welcome aboard' better to forget dieting and make changes to your eating habits that you can live with for life do it gradually and eventually you will be makeing better choices naturally
try to stay away from most proccessed foods learn to read labels when you do buy something proccessed rules are the ingrediet list should be small as few as possable and should not have hydrogenated oils in the list any artificial stuff should be avoided too ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Welcome An! Judy is right. Forget the "diet" word. Concentrate on moving more and eating lots of veggies and some lean proteins, fruit, whole grains and low fat dairy. The only way to do this is to make good food choices and track what you are eating using a food tracker, either here or fitday.com or Sparkpeople, etc. Keeping up with what you consume for calories and nutrition will keep you on track and honest.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jean4u responded:
Hi!

Encouragement is here! Just plug away each day with small changes that are healthier.

Barb

totallywiggedout responded:
Yes, An249841. Blog. and .... keep blogging... here.
I know that my posts at this point arent altogether "glowing", lol, so take everything I say right now with a grain of salt (low sodium Morton's lite salt, of course).
But, the journey, whether you are just starting, getting over humps like me right now , or have finished and are maintianing (like Judy, Debbie, Pi, Amber, and almost, Trista), is worth every bleeding thing that you go through.
Yes , it's painful at times, it sucks sometimes and can become quite tedious at times.... but if you stick with it, and us here for support, then it can also be the most wonderful thing that you can do for yourself and your health.
I may be a terrible whiner right now, but I do count my blessings that before I started, I had just been put on high bp meds which my dr (in his infinite wisdom) said I'd NEVER get off of , and after a 50 lb loss, did exactly the opposite. With his blessings and his apologies for his lack of confidence in my abilities he congratulated me and took the script away.
Judy has all but stopped her macular degeneration, which was all but destined to make her blind, and has even reversed some of it's effects.
All of us with arthritis, bp probs, heart probs, diabetes, back pain, various broken bones and joint injuries, etc....
have benefited from the weightloss and healthier diet brought on by our choices to start our journeys.
And this blogsite, this group can have a significant effect on how you go about starting, losing and maintaining.
Welcome
hope you stay with us
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten some great advice so welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have lost over 100 lbs 2 times in my adult life. I was thin as a child. Due to some major surgeries when I was a young teen and the inability to be ...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.