Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TWO Weeks left in January..........2013
jean4u posted:
Really focusing on planning meals, especially the PORTION size of higher carb and/or high sodium foods.

Adding a salad or veggie soup to dinners will help. Snacks fresh veggies or fruit.

TEA, TEA & more TEA!

Air popped popcorn & Crystal Light as needed. LOL

As you can see I am geting serious about getting the Nov.-Dec. gain (5 lbs.).

Today I was down 2 lbs. so this is going in the right direction.

Got my food plan for the day and exercise plan.

HEADS UP: Valentines Day is 4 weeks away. Think of giving yourself a "valentine". I think the one I would like is to be firmly committed to plan and prepare for each day.

Barb

jis4judy responded:
sounds like a great plan barb
I accually underate yesterday I have no idea how that happened But I went to bed satisfied with what I ate but woke up very hungry... Accually I do know I refuse to eat anything while watching my Pats play only drink water or tea during games and the game ended just before my cut off time I ate pistachios and pomegranet and felt very satisfiedjust under 1200 cals and 41 jumping jacks during the game 82 high kicks 41 each leg ... 2 half hour walks
I should have been more hungry but the day before I had the hungry horrors so maybe it balanced out .
I accually extended my cut off time 1/2 hour so I could have those munchies
had to break my rule a little
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Yay for you on the 2 lbs. off! You've got a great plan. Weekend was good 149 this morning, but I was extra careful because I have 2 social gatherings this week. Like you, I'm planning ahead.

Tonight meeting friends at Bar Louie's. We meet there once a month so I know exactly what to order and will stay on track - well, a slight wine indulgence.

I'm going to someone's house for the other event and will have no control over what is served, so that will be challenging. Portion control will be the key and load up on veggies if she serves any.

I like your valentine idea, but I don't celebrate Single Awareness Day personally
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

blondie454u responded:
Sounds great Barb!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Your Pats did good and you sure got a workout, too!

Not eating during those games is a good thing, too. I bet alot of fans shove food in just by the excitement of game and lose track of the calories. I would probably plan a snack like the air popped popcorn. I would really have to fight the chip habit.

Good that you had the day of balance after your hungry horror day. When I get a few days with higher sodium or higher carbs it sure shows on the scale. That's why I'm really going to keep a closer watch to get these extra pounds off and get into better habits.

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, you must have really done well this weekend, 149!

I love to see good #'s, especially on a Monday. It just gets the week off to a good start.

I like your plan of knowing what you will order at Bar Louie's. Going out to eat is something I enjoy and I am not willing to stop but I don't want to have it completely deter me, either. I think we can have "both worlds". Plan and portion control. Also, my scale usually goes up a bit the next day from the sodium but I cut back on the sodium when I eat at home. I really wish I could hypnotize myself to always order a dinner salad with grilled chicken all the time!

Let us know how you do at your outings.

Barb

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Amber! Your support is always welcome!

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Yes Barb I forgot to congaduate you on the 2 pounds down thats pretty awsome///

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Woooohooooo! great job on that 2 lbs! Congrats
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy, the consistent loss is due to cutting out those after dinner late night salty snacks. I usually eat after 6 pm so any snack after that is pretty late at night and I go for the salty ones. This is a sure way for me to undo any consistent loss. So it is nice to see a payoff in my efforts. Really doing the self-talk to stay away for those salty crunchy snacks. Also doing visualization. I noticed my tummy was starting to stick out with the 4-5 lbs. gain. I also noticed it go down a bit with only the 2-3 lb. down and I like that so much better. Visualization: when I crave those snacks I picture myself with flat tummy and that deters me from getting those snacks that will bloat my tummy. I also remember that you enfore a cut off time for eating and I am going to do that at least while getting down to goal weight.

How are you doing?

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim, How is it going for you? Got the Wii going?

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Yes, Barb, thanks for asking. Wii is up and running , thank goodness, because it's still raining, and now its also actually FREEZING fast enough to leave crystal droplets in the trees, It's pretty, but terrible for "cold season" since just 3 days ago it was almost 80 deg and now it's hitting the mid to high 20s.... Everyone is sick and coughing and blowing their noses.... you just can't adjust that quickly to the temp changes. And with the almost constant rain, or drizzle, it just adds insult to injury.
hope your weather is better by at least half, lol
huggs
k

OH! I finally dropped a lb!
My holiday weight went from bad to worse, right after I got back, I did my "monthly" water gain.... grrrrrr. So I'm struggling and fighting an uphill battle right now.

re-huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
I forgot to congratulate you on your Pats win, Judy. You got some great exercise in as well. What do the granddogs do when you start your jumping jacks?
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks debbie they slept through the whole game My Daughters puppy though jumps on me while I do jumping jacks she makes me laugh so hard it isn;t easy doing them .
Now My Pats have to deal with the Ravens they are a tough team but I am pretty sure the Pats will beat them

Oh btw I weighed in at 150 even today only a pound from my 149 ish

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Great that you are down a pound!!!

I did the same thing about going up before going down. Like I was telling Judy, I guess I will have to shut down the snacks at night. No way, will I keep it off if I do that since most nights I eat after 6 PM. No exercise after the dinner, either.

Let's put our fighting gloves on and get in and stay in that ring!

We can DO this!!!

Barb

P.S. I need to see some real progress on my scale by Feb. 14.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 50 something ;) and although I have been struggling with my weight most of my life, the past couple of years have been really bad. I had to ha...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.