Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
10lbs a month
camryn14 posted:
hi my name is camryn .. i'm new here. I am 19 years old and me and my sisters have started a plan that is losing 5-10 lbs. a month and keeping it off this is the first month we started yesterday and we won't weigh ourselves until feb 15. and so on ... i would love some advice and some things that have helped you .
thanks

jis4judy responded:
Hi camryn welcome aboard
how were you gonna start this plan did you have anyplan in mind? I really think diets are a mistake you really need to make healthier decisions that you can keep for life I know thats a long time for you being 19 .
I started to eat healthier way back in 2003 in an effort to stop a disease in my eyes well just eating healthier paying attention to proper serveings seems to be working for me I was suprised at my weight loss I had given up but avoiding proccessed foods and eating a rainbow of colorfull fruits and vegies being carefull with serveing sizes 4 oz for meat I go wild on vegies and sometimes have a cup and a half of green vegies especially broccholi steamed vegies and You can cover quite a bit on the rainbow with a side salad mine has mixed greens cukes yellow peppers tomato red onion
and I dilute wishbone robusto with red wine vinager makes a low call dressing with good ingredients real dressing not fake stuff
we don;t rule out any foods just put limits on some
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi camryn, welcome aboard!
It's nice to see someone so young wanting to get healthier without going all "fad diet" on themselves.
First thing's first, it's not recommended that people lose more than 2lbs a week . At most , 8 lbs a month, healthfully, maintaining healthy muscle and losing only fat and excess water weight.
That said, start a food and fitness planner so that you can get a good idea about daily caloric intake and exercise output to shoot for every day.... remember, it's NOT A DIET. This is eating more healthfully and mindfully while finding a path that you can not only follow now, but perhaps, forever. So it has to fit YOUR lifestyle, your food likes and dislikes, and your schedule for available exercise time.
You are completely in charge of where you go with your own journey. That's the beauty of finding your own way... with help from us blogger buddies, because in the end, it's tailor made to fit YOU.
Drink lots of water, recommended , at least 64 oz a day, that's 1/2 a gallon. Easiest way is to get a cheapy plastic 32 oz water bottle and carry it everywhere you go, filling as needed.
Be mindful of EVERYTHING you put in your mouth, EVERYTHING has calories so read the labels, measure and log what you eat to keep track.
Blog, blog, blog, chat chat chat, misery loves company and you will find one of here most times of the day.
let us support you, cheer you on and lambaste you as needed , lol

kim
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

camryn14 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks so much Judy I will definitely put this in my healthy living also are there any workouts you do that make you feel better and make your body feel great as well

camryn14 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks kim I am really surprised! Most groups i've been in are not as welcoming as this so thANKS!

camryn14 replied to blondie454u's response:
tHanks !

jis4judy replied to camryn14's response:
Hi Camryn I take neighborhood walks nearly every day 6 days a week for 45 minute to an hour and I do jumpimng jacks when i watch my Patriots play everytime they score I do jumping jacks for each point and high kicks too . The walking out doors rain or shine does me good provides more energy once you get used to it . and I try to be reguar with weight lifting free weight it is the first thing I drop when I get busy gotta fix that and I love doing yoga thats great for stability that another one that gets tossed when I get busy gotta fix that too
when I started way back in the begining I was so big I couldnt get down on the floor to do crunches so I did them in my bed a nice form mattress started with 5 crunches add 1 a day until I was doing 50 a day these all help
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to camryn14's response:
Camryn, most of us are older and do walking as a low impact easier on the "ole bod" exercise. Because you are so young, I'm going to tell you about another one of our members, Mommaxeli.
This woman is a TOTAL inspiration for journiers of every age, but if you still can do higher impact exercises, she's the one to follow.... so many more have, literally in her footsteps.
I'll explain.
Mommaxeli started out doing the Couch to 5K running program. Google it and you will see what it is. She lost weight and started getting really fit. So fit in fact that her church group started taking notice, and interest in how she was doing it.
Some of the people started running with her, then more and more until this last summer, she and her whole group started AND FINISHED a mini marathon.
This is so "FOR REAL" that WebMD actually went to her house and did a full article on her and her journey because she had(and has) been such a good role model for how to "do it right"..... no surgeries, no magic pills, no fooling around... she just did it .
I just saw that she's lurking over on the reg diet community site and may even be here watching... if she is, I'm sure she'll chime in about her journey and about "Couch to 5K" since it really was her newfound allegience to it and herself that pushed her to truly succeed like she did.
If you look her up on the Members list, you will see her feedback and blog log on her journey.
If you are serious about a lifetime of healthy living and can do the basic small spurts of jogging then running, this is the way to go, it got quite addictive for her, it may do it for you too.
huggs
kim

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2696/0#0

this link shows the final photos from that marathon last summer and gives a link into mommaxeli

abnersmom replied to camryn14's response:
Welcome camryn! Sorry I'm late chiming in.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

camryn14 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
this is so awesome ! I'm glad you shared this !

camryn14 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks !

camryn14 replied to abnersmom's response:
no problem thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi , I am new to this group but I like what I have read on the discussion board. I have always been yo-yoing for as long as I can remember. Six years ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.