Skip to content
Perserverance in the face of adversity, is pure beauty
totallywiggedout posted:

Like this flower, drops of rain on the leaves , beautifully frozen before falling.... we are all at our most stunningly beautiful in the face of adversity. We have all made hard decisions and promises to ourselves to start a journey to better health. This is our adversity, our personal challenge to ourselves to "become".

note, this is a bush outside my house right now. flowers popped 4 days ago in 75 deg weather, now they are frozen solid.... so inclimate that the stores are all closing at 4 or 5pm today... Poor Louisianians they don't know how to handle a little ice... coming from Michigan, all I can see is beatiful crystals hanging from the trees
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jean4u responded:
Poor pretty little thing! Guess California is having their cold streak, too.

Walk safe on the slippery spots.

Barb

jis4judy responded:
Very pretty and I can see the frozen drops once it thaws that beautiful flower will be no longer beautiful. very unusual to see anything frozen in mississippi
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Actually, it sounds like Texas got hit the absolute hardest. I guess the troopers were turning back cars trying to get from Northwest Louisiana into that nearest part of TX because the roads were so Icy they were closed.
I know that they closed one of the more severly "round" offramps to the mall here yesterday because of ice, which just about all but closed the mall which was stupid since there WAS NO ICE on the roads or even in the mostly unused parking lot.... terrible for businesses yesterday, but most of these ppl stayed in out of fear anyhow... even Best Buy shut down at 5pm., and I'd NEVER heard of that.
It's almost funny, they say it's because they don't have salt/sand trucks to deal with their ice and MAYBE up to 1/2 in of yearly snow, but up in Mich, they don't even break out the trucks until there's at least 5-6 inches of snowfall and if there's ice, you are pretty much out of luck until late in the day anyhow, so you just learn how to deal with it and drive through it.
These ppl were panicking and closing schools and stores for ice in the TREES lol
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, You remind me of a friend who moved to TN from northern Indiana 25 years ago. She made such fun of us not knowing how to drive in the snow and ice. After she had her first (not her last) wreck in an inch of snow here, she now maintains that our snow is "slipperier"!

We make fun of ourselves as well, but it's part of our culture because it's such a rarity, it's fun to get kind of crazy when winter weather threatens.. I know it seems ridiculous to people who are used to dealing with it. Don't worry, it won't be long until we're back into our element - 90's plus and high humidity. Can't wait for summer!!! Daffodils always bloom here in Feb. so it's almost spring for us.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh Kim the south is being treated to a wonderful experience when the trees have ice on them and the sun hits it looks like someone sprinkled glitter all over the trees ...I love when that happens here ...It is so pretty to look at . Here in Ma we get good road treatments to help with the ice and snow .. the place that really does good on snow removale is canada been there dureing a snow storm with 100 foot driftsthose roads were clear in less than a day

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Kim,
Love the poem

Love the analogy, yes my modo has been perseverance the last few weeks. Did alot of inner examination to see why I.m not like this rose just blooming in all adversity.
There is no secret, got to log the food, no surprise or magic there, I ate a lot more than I should about 2200 calories a day. Back on measuring and counting for me there is no other way to have a control the food I put in my mouth and hips, I tough of the 6 to 8 stick of butter string that I put back on my hips yukkk !!!.

I started to go out every second day to get some vitamin D, I have deficiency and take extra 1000ui every day as per my Drs prescription.

I was frozen solid from not going out and not interacting with people. I was on slippery slop to not wanting to go out at all.

On a lighter note, yes people down south are not used to cold or mother nature acting up. But even up here, the first snow storm, people seem to have forgotten how to drive and slow down. Like there have never seen snow before lol. The last snow storm it took 10 days to clear the roads. The did not even clean the sidewalks and I leave next to a children's hospital. Ho well the pleasure of leaving up north. Then the next 2 weeks it wormed up and everything melted. I wish it could be the same with the weight lol.

Right now it is a fight between the pain and the mind, I promise the mind will win !!! I know most of you gals can relate.

I did read all of the post, you are all so working hard on your goals Congrats to all.
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I was just in Brookshires today, smelling the paperwhites and hyacinths. Give me spring flowering plants over cut plastic smelling hothouse roses any day of the week, please. I didn't like the severe heat from last summer but I too am looking forward to the drowsy Southern warmth and sunny days again.
huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Helene, how is your weight going? anything moving yet?
I'm down 2.5 from the holiday spree so I feel a little better about myself. Now if I could just give myself the push needed to walk every day instead of "whenever" lol.
I've been rebooting lately. I'm reading up on different diet styles, right now looking at the Diabetes one from the Mayo clinic. I don't have diabetes but I want to be as informed as possible about what the "other" diets are doing.
I want to work some of the best of the best ideas out there into my journey. Like I like the whole Paleo thing, but it substitutes LOTS of good fats for the lack of carbs from the "no grains, beans, potatoes" notion. So , in some paleo cases they are eating as much as 50-60 percent of their daily calories in "good" fats. I'm sort of iffy on that, so I'm picking and choosing some of their recipes without being a follower.
Same thing for the Diabetic menus, I understand their revamped food pyramid, but I don't do as many carbs as they suggest. ... and so on.
At some point, I think I'll be sufficiently informed to make a true personal regime that I can and will be able to live the rest of my life with. I expect it to always be evolving and be interesting, just as any journey should.
huggs
k

thats great Kim down 2.5 pounds of your chistmas weight
I am Happy that you found your way back to your journey to better health

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I'm pretty happy this am Judy. I've lost another .5 lb so , yes, I'm on my way again.
Last night was a tough one , though. Man I was like a starving tigress pacing it's cell. I wanted chocolate so bad, that I was willing to eat my way through the kitchen, even though I HAVE no chocolate in the house right now, just to try to salve the savage beast.
Awful.... then my stupid bf wants me to make a beer run, lol.... I just knew that if I went into a store or pop shop , I'd cave.
I told him to pull on his slippers , leave his jammies on, because I'd drive him, but I'd be darned if I was going in....
I won. I drove, he went in and I got home without chocolate. WHEW!
Went to bed with that craving , but woke up wanting my am coffee, without the York creamer, lol, and a big juicy pink grapefruit......
Sometimes, you just gotta ride out the storm, you know?
huggs
k

Oh Kim you did so good with the hungry horrors I get those from time to time and they are like torture but I do my self talk and that helps and water or tea helps too

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Congrats on the loss, Kim. And the NSV of mind over chocolate!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks guys for the grats on NSV, lol. Sometimes those hungry horrors are something else entirely.
I'm pacing again today, because I want to walk, WITH PEOPLE and I can't seem to get anyone in this house interested in anything other than gaming.
I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and go do it on my own. Sometimes, I do get lonely as a solo journeyer though. I so envy the people here that have a significant other to be a travel partner with.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 182.5 GW 135

Hi Kim I had to take my walk by myself today my hubby was busy so I just went and did my walk alone It is a bit more fun with him but walking alone made me feel more powerfull . and I didn;t have to do the backwards walking LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. I am Rachael, a 44 yr old mom of 2 boys, one graduating high school and the other in college. I live with my boyfriend, Will, in south central ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.