Skip to content
New to the Dieting club!
lovenj41 posted:
Hi everyone, just join the WebMD page today and doing a lot of ready & learning...I really need to loss weight and can use some new friends like me that are over weight o get me motivated & I will do the best to help you...this is not easy! I don't know how many times I tried to stick to a diet and fail! I don't even know how to start and get motivated because I am not right now but I feel disgusting and un-attractive! my weight is now 200 pounds I am suppose to be 169 because of my height I am 5'9". Just want to say good luck to everyone and hope to get some friend request here.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi lovenj, Welcome!
You aren't going to fail this time, because you aren't going to "diet" this time. Now imagine you are going on a journey.....every time you see a crossroad, you will be able to decide, left , right or straight ahead.. on your own, without anyone telling you you HAVE to do it this way or you won't make it(like diets do). Because it's simply not true.
The first step is to acknowledge the fact that you are human, infallible, prone to emotions and prone to making mistakes. Accept yourself as you are, right now.
If you are like most of us, you make promises to people you care about, and keep them. Make a promise to yourself that this journey will not end, ever. That you will be living a healthier lifestyle, by your own choice, under your own steam, and keep that promise. You are every bit as important and "special" as those others you keep promises to, so keep this one to yourself.
Start a daily food and fitness log here on webmd , fitday.com or wherever you prefer. Focus on trying your best to log EVERYTHING you eat. Since everything has calories, other than water, yes, even herbs and spices have em, then you need to truly understand how much you are truly eating. Measure and weigh everything for awhile to get a good eye for serving sizes too, this helps to retrain your brain to getting the portions right.
Drink at least 64 oz of water every day , that's 1/2 a gallon.
Try to shoot for the recommended exercise output on a daily basis. Don't beat yourself up if you don't get it all in, or if you overeat at first.
Just focus on TRYING your best, for you.
we are here for you. Blog about your day, your emotions, your intake ... whatever it takes to make it work for yourself. We talk about everything here, lol. so feel free to vent or whatever, whenever you need to.
again, welcome aboard,
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Hi lovenj Kim has covered everything well I am just adding my welcome aboard
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Welcome lovenj41! Let us know if you have questions, but Kim has given you great advice!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

lovenj41 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hello TotallyWiggedOut thanks for replying..haven't been coming on here much and trying to learn how to get back to my comments...lol I am not doing good with my diet, seems like its a up and down thing for me. Really stinks but I am not giving up! One thin I start a couple of weeks ago is eating healthy...trying not to eat the junk food.....but on Superbowl Sunday I blew that and gained 5 pounds over the weekend but I am back on track with the eating..and if I do eat regular meals in stead of low meals..I eat little porsions. Thanks again!

lovenj41 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy!

lovenj41 replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Amy..it even harder now because I just went into my pre-menopause and I feel like I am 9 months pregant with all the bloating..so it gets fustrating for me at times. thanks again Trisha

lovenj41 replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Blondie

jis4judy replied to lovenj41's response:
Trisha one bit of advice menopause is tricky and your symptoms will be easier on you if you stick to a healthy plan
during my menopause I did the opposite and tried soothing myself with icecream and other things and that accually in hindsight I learned it increased my hot flashes and night sweats. Had I been on my healthy journey back than I maynot have gained all that weight I put on //
so get on your nutrition quest and have an easier menopause
I went through Hell save your self some torchure
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

lovenj41 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy yea Pre menopause has just started a few weeks ago and I have no energy to do nothing..so I force myself and feel good afterwards..thats the good part about it...the hot flashes are terrible when I get them ..I really wanna curse someone out....lol I have my moments with the mood swings also and night sweats and thats it for now. I just need to stay focus on a healthy waiting plan like you said...so far I am hanging in there but there are times I have a snack ..so thats not good! Thanks Judy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My partner and I have six children-the oldest three are grown up and on their own. The younger three are 16, 14, and 11. My 74 yo mother lives with ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.