Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A sunny Friday FINALLY
abnersmom posted:
Happy Friday everyone! I've got a 3 day weekend coming up, woohoo!! It's sunny here and can't wait to get out of work and enjoy it. Abner will get a good long walk in today for sure.

Judy, I bought everything I need to make chicken veggie soup this weekend. I'm gonna try adding the ginger like you do as well. After I make that, I'll have a supply of chicken barley chili and chicken soup in the freezer. They had the whole chickens on sale at Kroger. I may go back and get a couple more and cut them up. Saves quite a bit over buying the breasts or even thighs separately. Hmmm, may make some marinara to freeze as well.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy responded:
Makeing soup from scratch is time consuming but I find it worthy of my time when I make mine in a large stock pot I use the backs necks etc NO LIVER I use about 15 chickens worth of backs and necks maybe more
post how it comes out straining is probably the messiest part
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Happy Friday! I have some errands to run this weekend. I am also going to try to make lentil soup.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mefirstforever responded:
Have a great weekend Debbie.

You look like you have a great plan ahead. I make a vegetarian spaghetti sauce with white beans. I stop buying mince meat because of all the recall we had this autumn. I also make my chicken broth from scratch.
Always have a few jars in the freezer.

Hope Abner is doing well, you should get a trolly and pull him
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout responded:
Lol, Debbie, you sound like you almost have your whole weekend planned out... cooking. Well, you do sound like you are ready to push up your sleeves and dive into the kitchen.
I don't usually buy whole chickens but you and Judy have gotten me kinda sorta interested in trying to make chicken stock.
Maybe next week for me though. I went shopping today and virtually bought the farm, lol.
I came home with 6 different "leafy greens" , mustard, kale, turnip and collard, and some various lettuces....No room in my fridgeeee! Going to make some baked kale this weekend and have been looking up recipes for "green smoothies" and Juicing.
Meh, you know me, I'll throw anything into my magic bullet to see if it's drinkable,..... more on my findings later, lol
Have yerself some fun , Miss Kitchen!
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
LOL Helene, a trolley for Abner!!! Brought to mind those toddler toys , the quacking duck on wheels..... funneeeeee
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom replied to mefirstforever's response:
Lol, Helene! Abner would love it if I got him a trolley. He's better about walking in the cooler weather, but he can't take the heat in the summer. I have seen dogs in strollers on our greenway. It always cracks me up.

Got a good walk in yesterday. Will do the same today.

Kim, Hopefully, I'll get the soup and sauce made today and can relax the rest of my 3 day weekend. Great job buying all those leafy greens. I'm struggling taking off the lbs. I put on after overindulging earlier in the week. I think I got cocky when it was fairly easy to take off the lbs. I put on after the Christmas indulgence. The 2 lbs. this week are not budging! So, today I am going to be sure that I eat lots of veggies and drink lots of water along with getting my exercise on. When I weighed this morning, I had the terrible feeling that I'm losing control of this maintenance thing. I told myself STOP now! You can do this. You KNOW how. Then, I came here to share and read other's post to reinforce my efforts. And so, this wonderful journey continues....
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
After taking off 115lbs, Debbie, your body is getting stingy about anything you give it back! Your body is screaming, "MIIIIIINE!" lol
Not to worry, those 2 lbs will come off this after this weekend. I think maybe whatever you ate prolly had more sodium than you thought it did. You know as well as I do at this pt that 2 lbs is mostly water weight and if it's sodium induced it's a bear to take off.
WATER WATER WATER.... flush flush flush
It'll be nice to take that walk after your soup making. Being in the kitchen is fun, but on a beautiful day, like mine is today, it would be a waste to spend it all indoors.
have fun cookin, good lookin!
huggs
k

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim. I got my soup (tasty too) made AND got my good walk in today. Haven't made the marinara yet or cleaned up all the pots I dirtied this morning. Had a little confrontation with my sister today when I went over to check on her. Had to tell her some things that I'm sure she didn't want to hear. Won't go into her private business here, but I don't like confrontation even though I don't shy away from it. The good thing is that 2 years ago that would have sent me straight to the bag of chips for comfort. A major NSV for me to not comfort myself with food these days.

And Kim, at the risk of TMI, I've consumed a lot of water today and barely made it back to pee from my walk! LOL! Didn't think I'd ever get my door unlocked!

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Oh My gosh Debbie I have that problem too the getting door unlocked when I have been drinking a ton of water
Good job not turningt to chips when you have an emotional day .. glad the soup turned out good I make mine to make sure my hubby isn;t getting too much salt..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
LOL, Debbie, I've actually burst into tears at a reluctant lock while having to pee , so I sympathicize with you there.
I think of all the things that bother me about aging, that is probably the top of the list for me. I mean, "lack of containment" comes on so fast and out of the blue , doesn't it? One minute you're fine and the next ..... you are thinking about dropping your drawers in public, lol.
Glad you got your soup done and it turned out for you. Sorry to hear about your confrontation with your sister, but you are stronger now, and the resistance to chips is confirmation of that, right? As Bruno said in another post, there is no Yin without Yang.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 182.5 GW 135

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, I found this SMOOTHIE recipe and since you are looking for some new recipes here it is:

APPLE JACK SMOOTHIE

1 Cup milk (they used plant based as Vegan site)

1 Banana (frozen)

1 Whole date (for sweetener)

1/2 Apple (diced)

1/4 Tsp. Cinnaomon

1 Cup spinach (fresh)

BTW, the author said this tasted just like "Apple Jack" cereal.

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I got 2.5 off, but it is a tough go at the other 2.5. I go down but then I have not been consistent in schedule of anything.

I recently read a blog about the "struggle" that made alot of sense to me. The author said that her "fat self" (hate that word but that is what she used) is related to her emotional side and her rational side are constantly in this struggle. The emotional part wants what it wants to feel good right away, while the rational/thinking part says "Wait a doggone moment"!

I think by understanding the dual personalty analogy helps me to give my rational side the time it deserves.

Remember (all of us) we CAN do this!

BTW, you are not losing control, facing the reality of our indulgences takes guts. I really feel yucky when the #'s go up, too, but this is how I don't go too far off, by keeping a close watch on those #'s.

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Love that NSV!

That walk got your lymph system going and you did your job in hydration dept. another NSV!

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, your DH is lucky to have you watch out for his salt intake.

You sure got the board into soup-making mode! LOL

I might have to make some veggie barley soup. I'v been googling the vegan recipe sites.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ok I am at it again, lost track of how many times I have tried to lose weight.About 12 yrs ago I separated from my husband and started a diet of ma...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.