Skip to content
Gained another pound
justmejust posted:
Hello,

Got on the scale today and gained another pound. I know I should do better with my food. I am introducing my walking again.

I kind of wonder if my recent medicine for mild anxiety is contributing to the rising of my numbers on the scale....However, I feel terrific mood wise and just the right amount relaxed!

Every medicine I've taken for mild anxiety made me gain weight.

Laura
Laura 155 - 207 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
search the med on web md and find out if weight gain is a side effect many meds have that side effect
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Hi Laura, Glad the meds are helping. That's important. Do you use a food log? I can't remember if you do or not. If you don't, do you think that would help?
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Laura,

Happy that you are feeling better and more relaxed!

It great that we have the courage to start again and again. but I wish, we would have a shield to protect against all the ranches that are thrown at us and makes our well oiled machine stop.

Medicine do make us gain weight at times, one time I was on a migraine meds and I gained 30 pounds. The Doctor had warned me and told me I had to be vigilant and try to eat well, but I didn't even notice and the weight was on. Of course I was working full time with 3 young children, super women with no shield.

Since you are noticing, like Debbie said maybe you could see with the food tracker if you are eating the right stuff. I certainly found out.

I'm glad your back
Hug
helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

blondie454u responded:
Don't fret to much. Just try to stay focus on you. Don't get too overwhelmed.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

maybembt responded:
Hi Laura,
Yes some medicine can make you gain weight. Please read about your meds and check. Don't immediately blame the meds. If the meds do cause weight gain, you can still lose weight, it just will be a little harder. Accept the benefit of the medicine and work a little more (walk!) to overcome the gain tendency. You can do it!
Marybeth 228-198-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

totallywiggedout responded:
Walking, meet Laura, Laura, walking.... There introductions are made, go create beautiful music together
Have you googled your meds, Laura? Check to see if weightgain is something that is a side effect, if it is, don't let it get out of control. Call your dr and see if you need to be drinking more water, or something to try to regulate the effects.
It's great that your mood is better though. I'm glad that you have found something to help you a bit.
May I ask which med your dr prescribed?? I have been feeling a bit off too, been wondering if maybe I shouldn't ask for some sort of antidepressant next visit. My sleep is funky and I'm running hot and cold moodswings.
I always chalk it up to the weather, but, maybe , not.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim mood swings are a big part of menopause could it be that?

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Morning Judy, yes, of course I've thought of menopause, I'm going to be 48 next month, so anything is possible, but honestly, I have never been so "regular" in my life as I have been over the last couple of years, lol.
Even more so, since starting my journey. Idk, maybe i'll be fertile till the day I die, lol. Who knows?
No, I've always suffered from mild depression. It got somewhat worse after my accident and I didn't do anything about it. I was just flaking away on the days of my life after that, so it really didn't bother me one way or the other . But now, with my journey and trying to get my body healthier, I'm also looking at my state of mind more. This journey is taking me in directions , alot of them personal and Inner body, that I didn't really anticipate, but I want to be healthier ALL OVER , inside and outside more and more every day.
Because , as I'm finding out, getting healthier isn't just a state of BEING , but also , a STATE of MIND.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Heck Kim I am sure it is possable to remain fertile forever
and haveing experience with deppression due to your accident wait a minute you have overcome some of the worse things that could happen to anyone and you are walking nearly daily , and that is something to marvel at , You must be a strong minded person just to get on with life and you are doing it well ...Lets do a Happy dance for that !!!!!
also I was just wondering had I gone on this healthy journey sooner before I had the eye diagnosis maybe I would still be fertile too and maybe my eyes would never have gotten bad now that something to think about LOL I was allready past menopause when I started my journey .

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Yes, Judy, but I worry about having a mishap and getting pregnant too, lol. I'd be close to 70 with a new graduate....Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new baby, but could I keep up with a toddler?? BAHAHAHAHA !! Somehow I doubt it. I'd be the only new mother who didn't carry their child everywhere, because my hip wouldn't take it... Nap time would work out well though... for both of us... lol
hugs
k

Oh KIm if I was richer I would have had 12 babies I loved haveing babies , I only had 2 but I do love babies
heck kim I will be 71 next month Had I been on my nutrition quest my whole life I would be ok haveing babies in mid life LOl dream on Judy dream on

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Ho my gosh girls you crack me up!!! lol lol geez Kim don't get crazy ideas.

I also would have loved to have a dozen kids. I just love babies like Judy. I just about killed my oldest with love. Thank goodness I had 3 kids.

Kim if you really think you need some help please do not hesitate. Sometime just talking to someone is the ticket. As Judy said menopause is tricky sometime. At 50 a started revisiting my life and making choices for me.

Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Thanks Judy and Helene, Dr's appt on Thurs, I have alot to share with him and some serious discussions to have.
huggs
k

I'd love to have another baby, even now, I certainly wouldn't put it back on the shelf if I got preggers, lol. Believe it or not, I even have a couple of names boy/girl that I'd love use, lol.
It won't happen, but if so, at least I'm prepared for the naming bit, lol

kim
Kim SW 252 CW 182.5 GW 135

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks everyone,

It occurs to me that I need to move more if I want to be healthy all around. So I am using a cheap pedometer, it keeps falling off, and found that I have to add steps daily just to get to 10,000 steps a day.

My chiropractor agreed that sitting in my poofy couch is not ideal and I need to keep moving.

Also, I do not think I have been hungry for years. I just eat all the time.

Laura
Laura 155 - 207 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always over weight. I finally decide to loose the weight when I was 22. I was 238, and I got down to 182 in 1980. Got married and then the weigh...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.