Skip to content
Lost 4 lbs
maybembt posted:
I was bad with food the 2 months I was in the US and gained 10lbs. But in the last 12 days I have lost 4lbs. Yay!! I am happy to be back in this healthy lifestyle.

I am very frustrated with my hand. The weather here is in the 90s one day and the 60s the next. My hand aches with the change of weather and is stiff from the rain. The hand is a real klutz. It keeps knocking things over or dropping them. I really would like to get my fine motor control back in my (RIGHT!) hand. I hope this is not permanent.
Marybeth 228-203-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

totallywiggedout responded:
Marybeth, sorry to hear about your naughty hand. Have you talked to your dr about any residual nerve dmg from the fall? It may be time to get one of those stupid , electro nerve tests done. WARNING here , they aren't fun, but they do determine if you have underlying problems.
I know that they now have different ways of healing nerve dmg, and I'm sure, the faster you get the help the more options you have.
Otherwise, it's time to work on fine motor skills.... work on gripping pens and pencils .. write out some recipes or some other lengthy things, by hand. This will help your grip and get your mind "thinking about, and remembering" your hand. Your brain has been so accostomed to using the opposite side that it has forgotten the other side. Same thing that happens to stroke patients and even then newly single side blind, actually.
Try having someone throw a small ball, like a tennis ball to you . ONLY use the Rt hand to try to catch it.
From here on out, everything you do, try to do it with your RT hand first, only "helping" with the left. It wont take long before you get over this Right hand "blindness".
Yay for you about your weight loss, though. i was reading a blog from an exchange student on the reg diet comm site, Poor kid has gained something like 38 or so lbs since coming to the states. Us and our bad eating habits, if we could infect the world with Obesity, I think we would.
Glad that you are getting back on track though. You are doing wonderfully.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 183.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
Way to go, Marybeth! 4 lbs. is awesome! Sorry about your hand. My sister has diabetic neuropathy and drops cups, etc. all the time. It's got to be frustrating. Sure hope it gets better soon.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy responded:
Hi Mary Beth so happy you are 4 pounds lighter what a great start back ... so sad the hand is still giving you problems try what Kim suggested use it more deliberatly I am practicing useing my bad eye more and I think it strengthens it and helps it heal
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
Congrats Mariebeth,

4 pounds off this is commitment.

Sorry about your right hand it must be so frustrating. Kim has given you great advise with all here rehab experience.
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

maybembt responded:
I have been concentrating on getting my hand back. I am doing everything right handed until Klutz drops the ball. Then I make Klutz pick it back up again. Only when I run into something that Klutz just cant do, I do it with the left hand. When I was in the US, in two weeks I crocheted 4 ft on an afghan with Klutz. I am just discouraged that after all this time, my hand still fails me. And now that I am outside of the US, I cant ask the doc if this is normal.
Marybeth 228-203-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

totallywiggedout replied to maybembt's response:
You named your hand?? LOL OMG ROFLMAO!!!! How funny is that?? Klutz mmmmhmmmmm can't wait till Klutz gets better, maybe a new handle, like Coordinated

k
Kim SW 252 CW 182.5 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Marybeth, Great on the 4 down!

Sorry about the control in right hand. I broke my right wrist and had to have surgery and then PT. I don't have any of the problems you mention. I would difinitely get that checked out. My surgeon used pins and screws on my wrist that had to be taken out. I wish you well on the wrist and continued weightloss.

Barb

blondie454u replied to maybembt's response:
Marybeth congrats on the loss!!!! Sorry about your hand but I love that you named it. That's just so cool and creative! Just keep working with it and hopefully it will get better.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well, my name is Mardee. I am 22 years old and married to my amazing husband for almost 3 years now. And here is my story. I used to be thinner than...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.