Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I didn't know this
totallywiggedout posted:
In my neverending quest for "healthy" information...

If your dream meal is french fries and icecream... Judy , take not here, you may be a survivor of multiple ear infections, which damage the
"taste nerves". Instead of expreiencing sansations like bitterness and fattiness in balance,you may perceive a more pronounced fatty sensation making rich foods more tempting.

If dark chocolate reminds you of coal.... you could have damage to your "trigeminal" nerve which often happens during mouth surgery. In this case, foods that are both fatty and bitter, come off very bitter.

If you glady eat your Kale and carrots, your mother probably did too. Toddlers whose mothers had abstained from all forms of carrots during pregnance, were more apt to be ambivolent about their veggies.

If you are a salt-o-holic, your mom probably experienced severe morning sickness while carrying you. Because these babies were more dehydrated in the womb, they seem to enjoy salt more than other newborns. And have a tendancy to stick with those cravings, for life.

Pretty interesting stuff huh??
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 182.5 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Nope Kim I didn;t have ear infections as a child tonsils yes
and asthma as a child
I know my prefference for Icecream came from conditioning when I was very young pre school
every time my Dad won the number he played we all got a half pint of icecream flavor of our choice this didn;t happen often so I got the impression that Ice cream meant everyone was happy I was number 7 of 8 children thats a lot of icecream counting Mom and dad thats 10 Half pints hand packed and the lid was allways not fitting it was piled so high thats still a good memory but I don;t try to fix all my stress by eating icecream anymore
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I had tons of ear infections as a kid. I was in and out of pools all day long every day during the summer, so I got swimmers ear a lot. Plus I too had tonsilitis, tubes in ears, and I had mumps on one side, lol. Didn't get chicken pox till I was married and had had my kids though. That was fun, being sick and having to take care of a toddler and two babies, that I'd also given chicken pox to, lol.
My dad was my feeder too, though. He'd get home from work a bit after I got out of elementary school, and fix me big plates of peanutbutter or cheese and crackers or a bowl of icecream for snack. He didn't mean any harm with it, it was just his way of making sure I "had enough to eat" lol.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 182.5 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I had heard as ear infection prevention use eyedropper and put a drop of alcohol in each ear (after kids swim) and then dry each ear w/hair dryer. This seemed to work for my 2 daus. when we had pool.

Barb

blondie454u responded:
I had major ear problems as a child too. My son does too but I have taught to like all foods.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.