Skip to content
On the moderators, or lack thereof
totallywiggedout posted:
I'm sure some of the older members have noticed that there have been no moderators chiming in... lol. In a member search for this group, I saw that Olivia something or other is our administrator, now I know why I don't know her, it's been over a year since she's posted.... so anyway, I think Haylen was the only mod that I remember seeing with any consistancy in the sites I visit, she at least chimed in every once in awhile.
Does anyone know, WHY the mods arent even allowed to just help lead us along sometimes? Budget cuts? It doesn't seem possible it's a money issue since there are more advertisements now than ever on the webpage, and it sounds like the mods are still there, just not HERE. Weird to say the least. Impractical and imperfect way to carry the page forward since there are always issues to be moderated and investigated for truth and helpfulness.
Anyone else have an "issue" with this issue?

kim
Kim SW 252 CW 182.5 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kim yes I noticed that the mods were less and less over time we are supposed to report any bad messages that appear thats a matter of interpretation.. so sometimes I use the report this button .. I miss the mods it was nice haveing them pop in once in a while . I am sure it was web mds idea of increasing profit by getting rid of the mods..I am hopeing they all got other jobs and didn;t get laid off.but we will never know what happened.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
I'm not sure that I want a moderator on this board just because I like the chemistry here, but I often wish that an expert would weigh in much more often on the main board. Lots of questions that would best be answered by a professional over there. Frankly, when Dr. Peeke does weigh in over there, I feel that her answers are just geared toward promoting her books, etc, They feel more like advertising than anything else.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Yes Debbie me too although dr peeke does chime in it is an ad for her latest book seems like that to me too ..
I really believe our own personal journeys can be of interest to many people who join us . and we do have some great people on here and without mods we can say what we want LOL
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I am the same way about our community here. I'm very covetous of our arrangement and chemistry and with all of you guys that have lost so much and maintained the losses sharing your invaluable knowledge and support, I don't really think even having regular mod could make it any better.
I too, feel that the paid Dr's here tend to be quite "self promoting" and it really bothers me that they are paid by this site for their input and that they use the forums to promote their personal books. It's like double dipping IMHO.
But, this website is losing some longtime users because of the lack of moderators. It's like WebMD has cut us loose to deal with some very heavy situations on our own.
We all try to help people, but lets face it, we just have opinions, not alot of supported facts. Our community is pretty self supporting, but I grieve for the sites on Cancer, Diabetes, Depression... etc. that need answers RIGHT NOW about their problems and not every few months or whenever the Dr's decide to show up.
Can you imagine if the community bloggers start really dropping away? All that would be left of this page is Advertisements, and if WebMD thinks about it, even the ads would dry up, NO more MONEY for the page because the Advertisers pay to advertise here, because of how many people see their ads on a daily basis. No more communities, no more money for WebMD. It's really that simple. So they are basicly shooting themselves in the foot here.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 182.5 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Too true, Kim. While the support from people who are "suffering" from the same health problems is the most important thing on these blogs, expert advice is invaluable to us all.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

maybembt replied to abnersmom's response:
It really is sad about the moderators. I feel for them losing their jobs. I hope they have something else. I think this board will continue. We have a wonderful support system. But will it effect new people joining? I am also on the breast cancer board. I really feel for the cancer boards. It is a too important subject to be left up to the opinions of peers.
Marybeth 228-203-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

rohvannyn replied to maybembt's response:
Here is something regarding the mods I found over on another community.

The OP writes:

"emailed about the absence of the moderators as well...I know many have been missing them and wondering where they went. This is the answer I got:

WebMD has decided to shift the focus of the communities from being WebMD-managed to now being more member-managed — allowing members to shape their conversations and their communities in the direction that suits their needs. We have seen this as a growing trend among other social networking sites/message boards and feel it will better facilitate interaction among our members. Even with this change, we will continue to invite experts to keep answering member questions as they have been in the past. Along with this, we have also recently made some significant updates to our Answers tool (answers.webmd.com ) and we hope you will make use of this resource as well.

If you do need to reach a WebMD Staff member, please reach out either via our reporting tool on this community or by submitting an email here: https://customercare.webmd.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic .

Hope that helps....took a couple days, but they did answer me."
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

abnersmom replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks Roh. That answers that!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story is I just woke up one day and decided I was tired of being fat. I got tired of wishing that I was skinny girl. Like when I would go to the st...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.