Skip to content
Pedometer
maybembt posted:
How do you get this pedometer thingie to work right. I put it on my waist band and walk. But when I walk and manually count my steps the thingie counts too many steps. I have moved it all over my waist band, but it still does not count right. I think I jiggle too much when I walk. Maybe I should wear an old fashion girdle!!
Marybeth 228-203-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

jean4u responded:
I couldn't get my cheapie one to work right either. Gave up.

Barb

rohvannyn responded:
This is an odd idea, but how about clipping it to your shoe or sock? Maybe that wouldn't jiggle as much. My cheapie pedometer worked just fine when I figure out that it needed a good solid jolt to make the counter go up once. So putting in your shoe or sock might help. Otherwise, centrally located behind your back?
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

maybembt replied to rohvannyn's response:
The roads are gravel here and when we go by car to a village3 hours away, I get my 10,000 steps while sitting down!!
Marybeth 228-203-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

ausgram responded:
Maybe you need to reset the step gauge. I think you are suppose to walk 10 steps, the divide it by however many the instrutions say. I use a pedometer too when I walk out to the back fence, 1 mile. I pegs it at 2,400 steps each time. But I never counted my steps. I don't think I could count that high without losing count. ha ha ha! Maybe you could just take the average each day even if it is wrong, unless its different each time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the single mom of four kids that keep life pretty interesting. I have 2 girls (ages 21 & 16) and 2 boys (ages 18 & 13). All still live at...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.