Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Back again
Kaye66 posted:
Well, it's been almost 2 years since I've been on here. Don't know if anybody remembers me. Kinda gave up for awhile since I wasn't able to lose anything (except my mind! haha). Want to try again. I need all the help I can get. Have about 85lbs. to lose. My knees and back are really achy and I have no energy. Just don't want to so much. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

maybembt responded:
Kaye
I'm glad you came back. My advice is start with little changes. Don't get overwhelmed trying to do too much. As you adopt little things in your lifestyle, more can be added. You will see permanent changes happening and the weight will come off. How about a walk around the block. Or maybe cutting that sweet treat in half?
Marybeth 228-203-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

apierich responded:
Welcome back, just came back myself.

Don't look at it as an "I have to make a huge life change all at once right now!" experience, that is what has worked for me. Start off with a few simple steps. This time I had to look at weight loss as just me wanting to get healthy not just lose weight to look good or anything like that. I started by just watching what I ate, not how much or how many calories, but what I was eating. I didn't really deprive myself so much as say I had to have so many servings of veggies in a day before I could have a fun sized candy bar, and then just one. I made small weekly goals like to have five fruits and veggies a day for a week, if I didn't make it, I would just make that the goal for the next week, if I still didn't make it then I would chose another goal to keep myself from obsessing about it.

Take it all a little at a time, it's a journey, not a sprint.
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 188

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Kaye,
A mind is a terrible thing to lose, but, at least you won't miss it. I, myself, sorta like being crazy
With your aches and pains, I'm glad you are coming back to try again. It can't go anywhere but up from here, right?
One step at a time. Fill in your food and fitness planner, get back to drinking 64 oz of water every day, shop and fix your foods with an eye toward nutrition and what those foods will feed your body and not just your cravings.
Watch your pitfall points. If you have gotten into the late night munchies, or eat while driving, try to either find better alternatives to the snack foods by pre packing baby carrots and celery with small takeaway thingys of lite dressings or nut butters, or , exercise lightly during the times you want to munch. Like with Judy and her Patriots commercials. If you find yourself with a few min downtime, do some jumping jacks, wall pushups or even just jog in place for that time rather than hitting the fridge.
welcome back at least, this was a good first step.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten some great advice so welcome back!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Hi Kaye, Welcome back. I don't think I was on here when you were here before (joined Sept. 2011), but this blog has been so helpful to me in my journey so I know it can be for you as well. We're all in this together. What's your plan this time?
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

Kaye66 replied to abnersmom's response:
I think if I start out watching portion sizes and keeping the sweets to a minimum will start me out. I already do alot of walking and eat fairly healthy, just eat too much. Today I feel like I'm doing good since I rode 5 miles on my exercise bike and haven't had any sweets yet. Just gonna take it one day at a time. I didn't gain all this weight overnight, so I know it will take awhile to lose it.

abnersmom replied to Kaye66's response:
Good job! Keep us posted on how it's going. Slow and steady - absolutely the best way!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

totallywiggedout replied to Kaye66's response:
Best possible outlook is what you are seeing right now. You are doing great, keep at it.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32 I have 4 children ages 8,9,12,and 14. I dont think I over eat! I just dont eat the right stuff :( at least thats what i make myself believe. I...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.