Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Kim what happened at the doc???
jis4judy posted:
Ok KIm I been waiting did all go well at the doctor today ?
I hope you were treated with some respect It sure helps if the at least appear to listen to you ...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Wow, Judy, sorry, it's been one long and hectic day. This is actually the very first time I've been home for more than 15 min all day.
Yes, Dr Elliot did do some very necessary listening to me today. He didn't give me any guff about getting some antidepressants, and it was almost like he already had a new pain med in mind for me to replace the stupid tramadol with. He also prescribed an antiinflammatory for me to try to cut some of the back ache and nighttime muscle spasm and charlie horses.
The antidepressant is once a day and the other two meds are 3 times a day with food, but I think that they are more like prn (as needed) like the ultram was. I will try them as prescribed for a week and see if it's ok. I don't want to be a darned zombie though , too many glassy eyed women out there enjoying their meds to the fullest as it is, I don't wanna join that crowd.
Will start taking them in earnest on Saturday to give myself a couple of "down days" to experiment with them. That way if they make me "woopsy" and unable to drive, at least Michael can take me shopping if necessary, lol
Thanks for thinking about me , though, Judy, it's nice to know you care so much.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Doctor listening? Right on! Glad you have one who is trying to think ahead a little. And good luck with your new med.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh Kim I am so glad the visit went well and I hope the meds work for you . so you were busy all day or was the doc visit a long one ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Sounds like it went really well, Kim. I sure hope you get some pain relief and that the antidepressant works. Doesn't it take a while before they kick in though? Congrats on taking charge of your health and well-being. Too many of us go to the doctor and expect them to "read between the lines." I believe most docs can help us if we give them enough honest info.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim,

Good about the doc listening and getting you on new meds. Listen to your body and any changes. Let us know how you do.

Good luck!

Barb

kalimiller replied to abnersmom's response:
Yeah, antidepressants take a while to work. So just try to be aware - sometimes they can make things worse. Also, many antidepressants have the side effect of weight gain - so be aware of that. I'm glad that your doctor was helpful for you. So glad.
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Busy busy busy, yesterday. 9am dr appt, but with having to fill in all new forms, because my dr consolodated and merged with the local hospital and another physician, and got a bigger office to boot, had to have new forms and all pertinent info.
anyway, the appt bled out until about 1030, then I had to call State farm because of the new meds and everything so that they could update my files and get my 'scripts into the system. that call took a bit over 1/2 hr, I did that while driving to walmart to drop off my scripts , then over to the prosthetics place to order the heal insert for my left shoe, and the cane, lol, then over to pick up my latest xrays to take to the social security lawyers office for my appt at 130pm, and mind you, its a 2 hr drive to Bossier City to see the lawyer, lol.
an hour in with him, two hours back, wait 30 min to pick up michael, do some shopping to get supplies for supper, fix supper, go get the meds I'd ordered......Finally, finally sit down to eat and blog, lol.
Had my social security court date today for determination.... judge told my lawyer, "looks favorable for your client" so it sounds like I may actually have an income soon. That would be beyond nice. Been feeling very very worthless lately. I hate not being able to take care of myself financially and with everything else thats been going on with the pain management and the depression.... it's been very trying to say the least.
I hope, HOPE that these meds won't make me gain weight I'm going to have to be extra diligent about watching the scales to look for more than basic fluctuations I guess.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Bah humbug, Kali! I sure hope that's not prophetic. I sure don't need to lose any of the traction I've gained in my journey. I'll just be extra careful to watch my intake, and to get enough exercise.
I was on zoloft for a while a few years ago, but back then I was concerned that it made me feel too robotic. I don't like to cry all the time, but , when a situation calls for it it's nice to be able to... I was still grieving my mothers death and felt that NOT crying was worse for me, and with the antidepressant NOTHING bothered me, so I went off the "loft" . Now , I think sitations are more on an even keel so hopefully I won't feel it necessary to cry at the drop of a hat anymore, and just let the meds do what they are supposed to do.
huggs
k

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I sure hope that they can help you out. I'm not trying to be a downer, just speaking from experience. I've been taking antidepressants for...wow, almost three years now. They have changed my life. Made it a billion times better. I'm able to function now...it was really bad before. However, I gained 40-50 pounds after I started taking the meds - I wasn't really paying attention and now I have my work cut out for me.
-Kali

-Henry Ford

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
So you had your hearing for Social Security Disability? That's awesome! It is such a long process! I actually work for a Social Security Disability Law firm - so I deal with cases all day long. I hope that they don't take too long to get the decision drafted up so that you know!
-Kali

-Henry Ford

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Me too Kali, the lawyer said it could take up to two months for the paperwork. I sure hope it doesnt take that long. Cause if "favorably for client" falls through, I'm gonna have to refight the battle all over again. Another year down the drain. It's not like my disabilities are going to get better, disk degeneration is gonna crumble till they either put rods in my back or fuse em.... so far they are only talking "pain management' nothing about fixing the problem.
sooooo.
huggs
k

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Pain management isn't going to fix it. No wonder people get addicted to pain medication. Let's give you meds and let you pop pills instead doing a surgery to fix it. What sense does that make? I hope all goes well for you Kim. Try to push to fix the problem even if you have to see another doctor.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
Oh, I will , Amber. Don't you worry about that.
Although I've had back pain since my accident in 2005, it's all been about the maintenance meds. I'm not even really sure when this disc degeneration started since every time they took xrays, it was only for my left hip and leg, nothing on the back.
Once I get ss/dis then I will automaticly get medicaid, so maybe thats what State Farm was counting on all along. A backup insurance so that it wouldn't cost them so much in the long run. If nothing else I'll sue state farm for the medical insurance money that they are obligated to pay for ANYTHING resulting from that accident. I never had backpain before, and it sure has been documented since.
huggs
k

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim, Sounds like just carrying all that paperwork from your drs. and lawyer is a workout! LOL Just don't let it wear you down mentally.

About the pain meds. you do need to get relief from the pain so you can move, but I agree with all that you , down the road if possible, need to have surgery or something to fix what is cusing the pain. My cousin at age 75 had back surgery as the result of a back injury from a car accident from over 30 years ago. She did well after the surgery. I think they put a steel rod, too. She also had to have neck surgery. She did the pain clinic before the surgeries.

Good luck and keep us in the loop.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 yrs. old 5'5 134 lbs. I HAVE A 16 YRS. OLD DAUGHTER AND A FABULOUS HUSBAND. I have had a tummy tuck, paid for a personal trainer at the gy...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.