Skip to content
I blew it
ausgram posted:
Well, I thought i was doing so good till I talled all the food and junk I ate. But I did eat less then I had been, even if this food tracker says I'm way over my limit. Plus I got out in the fresh air and walked out to the back buffalo fence. I will do better tomorrow now that I know what to expect. I got all the waters in that they require cept 2 glasses. A first for me to drink soooooooooooo much water. ha ha!

totallywiggedout responded:
You are doing terrifically, Aus. Like you said, even if you still munch, you are being way more mindful of it now. Being aware is one of the very first steps to sink in so you are really , right on target with your journey.
The water thing will come in time too. I like mine room temp because I truly like to chug it, lol and cold water tastes metallic and gives me brain freeze
You'll get there
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Hi Sandy Kim is right getting to be aware of your eating habits is a big step along this journey great job on the water
I have trouble getting water in during winter I have no trouble drinking water when it is warm out ..
don't forget to eat a rainbow of colorful fruits and vegies every day it is a healthy habit you could try
also good taking that walk I wish I had a large piece of property to walk a mile on ... I walk around my neighborhood it is a rural area with horse farms and the like
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Ah Sandy, you have really made progress! Tracking your food is a huge step in the right direction. It keeps us honest and mindful of everything we consume. Great job on the water and exercise too! You didn't blow it. Give yourself a pat on the back for the changes you have already made. Lifestyle changes do not and probably should not happen overnight.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

kalimiller responded:
Pretty sure that all of us, myself included, on our first entry (or 2 or 3...) were over our limit. But that's a HUGE step in the right direction - just being aware of exactly how many calories, fats, salts, etc., that we are consuming! Just take it one day at a time! You can do it!
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh thank you everyone. What encouragement. I am with you TotallyWiggedOut on the water, room temp. I like to chug it too. But I never got brain freeze from cold water. ha ha ha! My hubby said when I drink coffee I can count that as a water. What do you think? I disagreed with him. I think water by itself is the best.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Sandy Coffee is dehydrating but it is liquid all your fruits abd vegies have water in them too I count my green tea as part of my water because it has no caffene in it .
Hugs judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Water is , by and large the best way to "get your water". Like Judy says, caffeine is dehydrating, so for every measured cup of coffee, you lose about 1/8 cup of liquid. You really aren't looking for water retention, but for enough water to hydrate your body for maximum efficiency.
As you begin to eat healthier, with less fats and oils, you will be forced to get more fiber into your diet in order to stay "regular". Fiber LOVES and NEEDS water to fluff up and cleanse your arteries and aid in digestion and with bowels. The more fiber you eat, the more water you will need to make it work right. Because even fiber can bind you up if you don't dirnk enough water to make it move through your system.
You will continue to make small changes, to learn the ins and outs and to see what your body needs to get and stay healthy if you keep an open mind and watch for changes in your health.
Very soon now, you should start to see some truyly remarkable changes in how your skin looks, your energy levels and even in your hair. Then comes the fun part about watching your clothes get really lose and maybe even having to break down and buy new undies, lol.
I just had to buy my next size down, which actually skipped two sizes.... I've gone from a fairly tight size 13 "elephant underwear" the big high cut brief style, to a size 7 bikini... which is pretty cool if I do say so myself, lol

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

blondie454u responded:
You're doing great! Baby steps.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
TotallyWiggedOut, I did not know that bout the water. WOW!! I for sure will drink my waters now.
So far, I'm doing "not so good" both days I went over my limit by almost 300 calories. But at least I'm not eating over 2,000, like I had been. Eventually, I can see the change coming in this eating.
Boy you went from a 13 to 7? Wowie, I doubt that will ever happen. I'm too old for a size 7. ha ha ha ha! I know that sounds funny, but its true.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Never too old for smaller undies, never too old for SEXY undies, lol
You can do it too. It's gonna happen, you are getting your brain wrapped around this thing in the right way, and it's already happening, you just haven't really noticed it yet.
You already know you are eating less, but are you eating BETTER? That's the next step. Eat to feed your body.
huggs
k

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
thats right Kim never too old to wear nice undies
the first time I wore a lacy pink bra on my new body I flashe my Hubby LOL
He was of course shocked but still smiled after all we are grownups right LOL
I was wearing some very stretchy size 10s when I was obese and now I wear size 6 in undies.
thats a nice change

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Sniff, I wear size 10 undies and they are tight. sniff sniff!
Actually why I'm posting again is, 2 things.
1. If I drink coffee, I should drink more water then just 8 glasses??
2. After and when or if I ever get to my goal of how many calories I am allowed, I have to eat differently?
My hubby doesn't help me much, he takes me out to eat, he cooks fried chicken, fried fish, fried potatoes. He got a deep fryer for Christmas and he wants to fry everything. Ha.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Sandy who ever gave him that deep fryer should be considered not a friend You should toss the thing out when he isn;t looking ..
Or let him eat the fried foods and you cook yours for yourself ...not fried
when you eat out it is best to avoid the fried stuff then too
broiled or streamed is good avoid the bread basket things like that /...
8 cups of water is good you don;t have to add more because of a cup of coffee I cut my coffee I drink it black down to 1 Cup a day Occassionally drink 2
My hubby has been bombarding me with candy lately and it makes me mad at him bad enough that Valentines day is not far away and I usually indulge a little on chocolate then
Don;t need to get a sugar high now ..

abnersmom replied to ausgram's response:
Eating out is tough, but most restaurants these days post their menus online with nutrition info which takes planning, but is very helpful to make good choices. Some folks on here, ask for a to go box with the meal and box up half before they begin. WHEN you reach your goal, the food and fitness log will tell you how many calories a day you can have to maintain. For me, it's around 1500. When you say "eat differently," I'm assuming you are asking if you can go back to your old way of eating. Frankly, that was my thinking every time I lost weight before and exactly why I would always, always gain it all back.

As for the deep fryer, accckkkkk! Bake or broil your portion of the chicken or fish. You can make a delicious fake fried chicken in the oven just dipping the chicken in buttermilk then whole wheat breadcrumbs. I absolutely love fried chicken and this is a very satisfying healthy substitute. I'm not a fish eater, but I imagine you can also to that with fish. I also, occasionally make oven fries as well. You CAN have your favorite foods just modified. They are still satisfying and delicious.

It's a forever lifestyle change for me, as I'm a food addict and although I will still sometimes eats chips (my Waterloo), it is always somewhere else, I do NOT bring them into my home.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story........I am a 40 year old wife and mother of 2 who is sick and tired of being morbidly obese. Last year I was denied the Gastric Banding surg...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.