Skip to content
A Belated Happy 2013!
lost815cm posted:
Hello all, it's been a few weeks. I hope you're all well. I've got some exciting things going on lately. My sister is about to have her baby any day now! I'm so anxious to get the phone call that she's in labor! I can't wait to meet my precious niece! Her baby shower was a lot of fun, and I behaved myself with the refreshments Also, after she delivers her baby, we're going to pick up a dog from a military friend who can no longer care for her. I am very excited about getting a dog for numerous reasons. It's been a couple of years since I had one. She's a 2 year old Great Dane! I've always wanted my very own Scooby Doo! Having such a large dog to love will especially be a nice motivator for daily walks! Gotta stretch those long legs! Lastly, I consider myself to now be an avid nutrition label reader. I watch my calorie intake almost flawlessly now and am staying on target! Success! I started to get a little nervous a few days ago that I had been eating too much junk food and was worried I had possibly gained. I stepped on the scale right then and there and to my surprise I had lost another 2.6 lbs! Yay! Best wishes to you all in the new year!
Catelyn

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis
FirstPrevious12NextLast

lost815cm responded:
P.S. I should mention IF I eat junk food of any sort, it's in moderation. Also, I finally bought a food scale!
Catelyn

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis

abnersmom responded:
Hi Catelyn, I'm so happy for all the great things going on in your life. It sounds like you are on your way to a wonderful 2013. Congrats on the weight loss and staying on target.

We had Great Danes when I was growing up and they are the sweetest dogs. Enjoy!

Happy new year to you too!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy replied to lost815cm's response:
Thats great news Catelyn that food scale can help with portion control you get a real amount to calculate instead of an estimate..
I love Babies so I am happy for you to be haveing a new niece comeing..
and me too on the junk food I occasionaly have something not on plan but keep it in small amounts . we are human and will falter from time to time it is eating healthy 80-90% of the time that is important
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Catelyn, Happy 2013!

You do have alot going on. How exciting about your sis's baby girl! And you getting a Scooby-doggie. WTG on the 2.6 down!

You know it really is about portion control and you are a smart cookie to get that food scale and eat your treats in MODERATION. Good work!

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, as a dog-lover, you got to look up dogshaming.com for really funny photos of dogs "caught in the act".

Barb

lost815cm replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Debbie! I'm excited to experience the love a Great Dane can bring for myself. I've heard wonderful things!
Catelyn

lost815cm replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy! I've learned not to be so hard on myself if I enjoy a small treat I'm also excited for my niece to keep me occupied with spoiling her!
Catelyn

lost815cm replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks Barb! Water, walking, and watching portions...story of my life!
Catelyn

blondie454u replied to lost815cm's response:
Glad you're doing well with your goals!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout responded:
Welcome back Catelyn. Glad your New Year is going so well.
You're doing great with your journey and OMG that dog you are gonna get. How great is that??!
I'm so happy for you.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u replied to lost815cm's response:
The 3-W's! Love it.

Water
Walking
Watching portions

Barb

lost815cm responded:
UPDATE!!!! The next day after I posted this discussion on my progress, my sister called to inform me that she was in labor!! It was late at night, so the hubby and I didn't get any sleep. We had to drive up to the hospital she was at about an hour north from here--in a snowstorm with treacherous roads! Isn't that always the way? But we all made it safe and my cute little niece wasn't born for 12 more hours. Both mom and baby are happy and healthy. Baby has dark curly hair! By the time we got back home yesterday, I had been up about 33 hours straight. I felt like death. I managed to be good with my portions when I did eat . Today I woke up with a sore throat, so I think that I may have caught a cold I have this week to try and rest up and get rid of it, because this weekend we're going to see the baby again AND pick up our Great Dane!
Catelyn

abnersmom replied to lost815cm's response:
Congrats on the healthy niece, Catelyn! Yep, rest up and get well so you can hold that baby and doggie!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jean4u replied to lost815cm's response:
Congrats and rest up!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 70 --- being DX in 2004 (at age 63) with Wegener's Granulomatosis -A Vasculitis auto immune disease affecting many organs --in my case the lu...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.