Skip to content
Almost February!
kalimiller posted:
It's been a busy month for me, for sure! I turned 24 earlier this month. I've lost a pound and a half in the past week, which is HUGE for me. It is so hard for me to lose weight because of my medications. My sleep issue is pretty well under control too, which is awesome. My exercise hasn't been great - but it's been super cold and icy making me not want to leave the house. Or do anything IN the house other than curl up under a blanket.

I know that I don't chime in a lot - but I check the boards almost daily and love hearing everything that yall have to say. Thanks for being such wonderful and inspirational people!
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

totallywiggedout responded:
Kali, that's great about that 1.5 lb loss. Congratulations!
Hibernating when it's cold out is so ingrained into our genetics of survival that I think it may be useless to go against nature, lol
Weirdly, my meds are doing some very strange things to my sleep patterns too. I drop off like a stone within 30 min. Sleep like the dead for about 3 hours then am wide awake.... and NOT TIRED. I'm sure this too shall pass but it gets really funky trying to entertain myself without waking up anybody in this house since the only rooms without a sleeper right now are the bathroom and the kitchen......
I'm afraid if this keeps up I'm gonna turn into a "kitchen elf" that bakes all night..... it wouldn't bother me, but I think that would make me even more of a "feeder" than I am.... everyone will get sooooo fat, lol.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Congrats on the loss and getting your sleep under control.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Kali, Great on the 1.5 down! WTG!!!

I am down at least 2. I go up and down from that so it is taking me a bit of time to lose all of it.

Happy B'Day!

I know it is the people who come here, even if it is not on a daily basis, but like you that stay in the loop that do the best at staying on their path. Staying on this board helps to keep us accountable and that is what it takes to lose weight and keep it off.

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Congrats, Kali, on the 2 lbs. and on your sleep improving. I too struggle always with the exercise part and it's even harder when the weather is so strange this winter. Today we are expecting 70 degrees, tomorrow temps dropping all day and severe weather forecasted.

Keep up the good work and good luck on the exercise.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

kalimiller replied to abnersmom's response:
We got another 6 inches of snow last night and it's still going something fierce outside. I guess I'll get a mini workout trudging to my class on campus today!
-Kali

-Henry Ford

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Jeeze Kali, I thought I'd wished you a Happy Birthday with the last entry, I didn't.... what a ditz!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KALI!!! Big HUGGS!
6 inches of more snow.... where are you again?? Minnesota?? Montana??? MICHIGAN?? lol
Sounds like you maybe need to get your order form out for LLBean and order some snow shoes.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Haha, I've never snow shoed before - I'm originally from nice, warm, sunny Texas. I would probably just fall on my face.

I'm living in Utah right now. Snowed through the night last night. Oh boy. The last couple of years have been okay winter wise, but this year it seems like it is just dumping. I'm ready for summer!!
-Kali

-Henry Ford

jean4u replied to kalimiller's response:
Utah is so pretty with those mountains. I also got to see the Flaming Gorge and that area is magnificent.

We will get through this winter and really enjoy the warm when it finally comes. Just gives us more time to trim down and work out!

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Ladies
I guess I am a little odd I like winter better than summer spring and Fall are my favorites.. the only good thing about summer is the vegie Garden LOl Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, Our winters are just gray and rainy so there's not much to enjoy. I don't mind the cold so much, but I like to see the sun. Spring and fall are my favorites too, but I also love my hot, humid summers (albeit, I will complain about the heat and am always ready for the fall chill in the air).
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie after a windy rainy night we have sunshine and spring like temps today 48 degrees right now it was closer to 60 this morning.. it will get cold again but the winters in New england are unpredictable some wonderful days some warm some really frigid even snow is beautiful.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

No Kali, actually, alot of people use cross country ski poles with their snow shoes, so that they DONT fall on their faces.... of course it's always more fun to watch if the dont...... I have a very weird sense of humor though, i just love to see people make fools of themselves, bahahahahaha and what's a face FOR if you don't fall on it every once in awhile?? How else can one truly learn humility?

huggs
k

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Haha, I think that I got plenty of humility when I tried snowboarding the other day...
-Kali

-Henry Ford

How's yer butt, Kali??? ;o)

hahahahaha
huggs'
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

ive been married for 22 years I love to garden,walk,fish,spend time outside,I enjoy cooking and baking I,m looking to learn a better lifestyle of eati...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.