Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just When you Thought I was Gone!
norma_j posted:
Hello all! Been along time... As you can see from my stats I have gained alot back and that's enough said. I am saddened that I did it but it's nobody's fault but my own.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Going to try to get back into my habit of getting on here at least once a day again like before ... it seemed to help.

I have changed jobs... seems the great job I signed up for in August was working with the devil's sister who claimed to be a saint. Boy did she have the wool pulled over everyone's eyes in that company .. but I took a leap of faith in December and resigned from the position. I started working for a tax office last week. My boss came in with the flu! Now it is running rampade through my house. I am back to work this morning hopefully if I can get my head unfuzzed. Hubby is home today with it .. probably tomorrow too! I stayed in bed all day Sunday and most of Monday!

Time to get back in the saddle and ride this Journey, like I stole it!

FYI .... If you have been thinking about joining the Jillian Michaels website.... Don't waste your money! It's identical to this website except she gives you exercises to do. They are identical to the ones you can get off You Tube for free!!
Norma SW 222/ CW 210/ GW 150

If at First, You don't Succeed, Try, Try Again!!!!

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

kalimiller responded:
Norma! I am so glad you are back! Sounds like you are plenty motivated too

Sorry about the flu, that is just yuck!
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

jis4judy responded:
Hi Norma welcome back
I was thinking of you yesterday wondering how you were doing..
that flu is nasty stuff My hubby and I so far haven't gotten it but many people have come down with flu that had the shot so it may be a new strain of flu..
the thing is that when we slip and we all do we really should catch ourselves before it becomes too big of a problem I am so glad you came back this is how I maintain being on here is how I keep my focus on what is right for me //
most diet celebrities are just selling free info they get online anyway useing their celebrity status to sell it..
even last night I wanted to eat an extra slice of banana bread but I thought of this board and all my own preaching self control used my self talking to get my head streight
10 years ago I would have not stopped I would have eaten not an extra slice but the whole dang thing one slice after another
I just cannot go back to old eating habits even though they traise there ugly heads and try to get my back to old habits
I allways said that we don;t really get rid of old habits they are suppressed and sleeping lets try not to wake them up .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Glad to see you!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Hi Norma, Good to see you back. Sorry about that flu bug.

I like this board for the support and accountability it gives me.Like you said you can get ALOT of free exercises and recipes on the net. Even motivational quotes. We just have to put it together in a way that works for our lives.

BTW, when I see photos of Jillian Michaels I can (in my head) hear her irritating (to me) voice screaming. I don't need that!

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Welcome back, Norma! Sorry about the job, but sounds like you found another right away.

As Judy says, this site has helped me so much and continues to keep me accountable and motivated. Like Judy, I sometimes check myself from indulging just by thinking, "if you do that you are going to have to confess to the Boardies...." You guys are the angel in white on my shoulder combatting that little food addict devil on my other shoulder.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

totallywiggedout responded:
NORMA J!!!!!!! HIIIIIIIIII ! Boy did I miss you.
Lucky for you that you resigned and escaped with your eternal soul. lol she sounds like a real winner of a boss. grrrrr.
Tax office, huh? Do you know how to do EVERYTHING?? or was there some sort of training for this position involved?
As for you weightloss..... hmmmmm, well, this too shall pass. You know what you need to do. There's no denying that you let go of the reigns , but you are still on the cart, and that's what matters.
Sorry to hear about the flu bug you've caught. This one is sweeping the nation and it's a bad bad buggerboo.
You know the drill. Drink alot of water, don't let yourself or your hubby even get a little bit dehydrated, it could land you in the hospital really quick.
Just please be really careful with this one.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Welcome back, Norma!
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

norma_j responded:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back! I know I have a long road ahead of me, I think I can handle it.

Kim I am setting appointments and reception... I don't want any part of the doing taxes part. No Thank You!!! Doing mine is hard enough.

Gotta get ready for work .. Check in with you again soon!
Norma SW 222/ CW 210/ GW 150

If at First, You don't Succeed, Try, Try Again!!!!

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

jis4judy replied to norma_j's response:
Hi Norma it really has to be a life long journey with slips for sure thats where I used to go wrong thinking that I reached goal and then resumeing my old habits that made me obese to begin with .. we have to cherish the new habits we make to keep us healthy and keep them up 80 or 90% of the time
I allways strive for perfection and had to give that up I am only human and do fall sometimes. I do know I had about 4 of what I called false starts before i realized a life long journey was required. so welcome back and I hope this time your restart can keep you healthy the rest of your life .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to norma_j's response:
Norma, I don't like doing taxes either. My bf has me do his online. It's not really hard just a pain. lol
So you are a tax office secretary. Well that's right up your alley anyhow. I just wondered if you were SuperSecretary or something. Every time you change jobs you seem to do something different and I thought maybe doing taxes was part of your repertoire too, lol.
You just seem so .... multitalented!
Don't worry , honey, those lbs will come off. And even if it takes awhile, you are still learning and trying. The journey is about life and living it well, or as well as we can. Right? Being happy is a big part of it, and now that you have a new job, maybe being happier and less stressed with a good boss will put you in a mood to restart your weightloss with gusto.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u replied to norma_j's response:
Well Norma, your back and that's what counts!

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, What you said is so true my journey also. I always start my day with good intentions and my plan, but some days the human factor overrides my good plan. Learning to forgive myself for indiscetions was important to my journey. Having a bad day is not a ticket or free ride to continue on with negative behavior (for me).

Time to push RESET buttons!

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hey Kim, with all your tax knowledge you probably will end up doing your sons' taxes, too!

Barb

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
This is so true, Judy. All the times I've lost weight in the past, I'd just go back to the old patterns of eating instead of realizing this is a lifelong journey or maybe I just wasn't ready to face that at the time. Anyway, I know I've changed my lifestyle for good this time, although it won't be perfect...ahem, can you say Super Bowl party? LOL
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

Spotlight: Member Stories

. You have to acknowledge that you are worth the effort to get healthier. To accept the fact that you will have "splurges", but that they do...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.