Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
journaling
abnersmom posted:
Hi all, I was reflecting last night on the changes in my body, my mind, and my soul during this journey. I am a journaler, but when I went back to read, I was disappointed that I had not recorded the changes as I went along. I posted on here about being able to cross my legs at one point, but there's not much else. I'm going to try to remember some things and make note of them.

The main reason I'm saying this is because for all those starting out, I strongly suggest taking before and after pics and also somehow recording the changes (those NSVs) that occur so that you can better appreciate how you have changed your life.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

CathP responded:
That's a great idea!! Hopefully the pics will be encouragement once at the maintenance phase

CP

totallywiggedout responded:
I'm not a journaler and although I do have some before pics, nothing naked, unless my bf took some while I wasn't looking, lol. But I do have my measurement log that I do about every month to month and a half. Which to me, is sort of a godsend. because although I haven't lost any weight over the last few months, I still seem to be losing inches.
I started this way back in March of 2012 and have lost a total of 25 1/4" just from the areas that I measure.
I think , if you have a sewing tapemeasure , which are really cheap , then this it a really good way to keep your incentive going because clothes don't always tell.
Bust across nipples, fairly tight, but not pinching
Waist at smallest point
Lower tummy at biggest point
Hips, fully across butt
Rt and Lft Bicep
Rt and Lft Wrist
Rt and Lft thigh at largest point
Rt and Lft calf
Rt and Lft ankle
(although I can only do my rt ankle cause I cant bend enough with my hip for the Lft) and standing naked, am loath to ask anyone for assistance, lol
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Debbie, Chchchanges........even recording that time your were shopping and your friend said the reason you didn't like the jeans (you had tried on) was because they were a size too BIG!

I had a "journaling" moment last night at ballroom dance, a gal commented to me she had gained a few lbs. over the holdiays (she knew I had said I had put on a few, also......well the comment was "Even a few extra lbs. is hard on the feet when dancing." We both are on the same page to knock off the few lbs. so we can enjoy dancing more. We also agreed it was not easy to do.

BTW wouldn't you have to devote a full chapter to your board buddies and how the support here helped you stay on board.

Gratitude. I am grateful for starting my journey and staying on it.

I keep a weight journal. I weigh daily. It is my spreadsheet of progress and how long it takes to get weight off, too fast back on, though.

I love to see progression photos.

I think it will be interesting what others have to say. Thought provoking blog!

Barb

jis4judy responded:

Oh My gosh Debbie I remember way back when I started on this board we listed things that we could do now that weight was removed
mine was no extention on the seat belt in an airplane and being able to reach across the dineing table when It was time to clear up the dishes I used to have to walk around it .
being able to accually take a bath instead of a shower I couldn;t get back up if I sat in the tub when I was fat ,,
not being out of breath just walking upand down some stairs there are many more and just feeling better
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
These are great, Judy. I think sometimes we overlook the "little" things like being able to reach across the table, but I believe that it is so important for us to appreciate even the small improvements that our journeys are making in our daily lives.

Oh yes, Barb, this board does get a full chapter. I list five things that I'm grateful for everyday and this board is on there more often than not. i also list my happiest moment of the day and sometimes it's something shared on this board.
I don't do a weight journal, but I do log my weight weekly here on WebMD. I do weigh everyday so maybe I should add that to my journal. Thanks for the idea.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
About JOURNALING......I think the things I mention on this board is sort of like talking outloud. I don't take it personally if others don't chime in. I do enjoy seeing that others sometimes share their similar experiences.

Sometimes I come here a couple of times a day, some days not at all.

I do like the potpouri of thoughts and topics that come here. These postings help to break the mundaneness of any day.

I had this "journaling" thought this morning, after I did my daily weigh in......here it is: I am losing the weight as quickly/slowly as I put it on, 2-3 lbs. per month. I often think about when people come here and ask how long will it take to lose ______ amount of weight. Ask yourself how long it took you to put it on and I think that will tell you the answer. It is for me, even if I don't like it!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Margie, I'm 32, and I've lived in Mexico during the past 14 years as a long-term missionary. I currently weigh 274 pounds. I've...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.