Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Start of Something Great
Kaye66 posted:
I did something today that I've been dreading--getting on the scale. The last time I did I cried because I was the heaviest I'd ever been. But today it showed I've lost 8 lbs!!! That shows what I've been doing is working (so far). I've been riding an exercise bike for 5 miles a day, 4 days a week. Watching portion sizes and trying not to eat fast food. Next week I'll weigh myself again and reevaluate. I'm starting to get psyched about my weight loss this time!!! Goal weight is 200lbs. I'm pretty tall at 6' 1". 75 more lbs to go.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Thats awsome Kaye66 I am doing a happy dance in your honor just one thing don;t expect another 8 pounds off 1 or 2 a week is great
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Kaye66 replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh I know. Any weight loss is great. I've been heavy for so long that I know it won't come off rapidly. Slow and steady wins the race!!

totallywiggedout responded:
God you're tall, lol.
anyway.... HI KAYE!!!! Welcome.
I'm 5'4 on a good day so 6'1 .... you must have legs clear to THERE!
The first weight usually comes off pretty fast. It's usually water weight when you are heavy. I dropped quite a lot during the first 3 months then it started slowing down to the normal 1-2 lbs a week.
Just keep doing what you are doing . Obviously it's working. Make sure with all that exercising that you are getting enough proteins to maintain all day blood sugar levels.
And that you drink your 64 oz of water a day.
You are doing great so far. Glad to have you blogging with us.
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Hi Kaye, Good work on 8 down!

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Fantastic, Kaye! Keep up the good work. Bet you feel better already. Congrats!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

blondie454u responded:
That's awesome sauce (fat-free of course!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

pallzy responded:
Congratulations!!! That's an awesome start.
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

jean4u replied to pallzy's response:
Sheryl, How the heck are you? Miss hearing about your Harley adventures. Alot of good people still here.

Barb

blondie454u replied to pallzy's response:
Hi Sheryl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

pallzy replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber!!!

pallzy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb. I still prowl around. Just don't really post much.

jean4u replied to pallzy's response:
Sheryl, I still have a fond memory of the people here who posted and would post back to me the support I needed to get going and not give up and that was back in Jan, 2010. At that time, people would post their daily plan and I got to see the consistency of their journeys and that got me to change my thinking and making some changes.

Barb

rohvannyn replied to jean4u's response:
I've gotta post more. You guys are good influences! I have GOT to do something about the white potatoes. But with food prices going up, especially my beloved broccoli, it's hard to find something to fill the stomach that won't wreck me in one way or the other. So many "stomach fillers" are grain based! And even the taters aren't that cheap.

And to the OP, congrats on your progress! Keep it going!
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jean4u replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, you are so right about posting. It just gets stuff off your mind.

I have issues with white potatoes, too. I tried couscous last night it was garlic/olive oil flavor. I didn't add any oil or butter to it, but did add hot sauce and edames (I had a bag of frozen). I had to psych myself up to portion control. I had this as a side with Talapia and bell peppers (pan grilled). Good meal pretty low carb.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello family, I am a 49 a perosn who can't control of eating, exspiecally when I"m depress. I have been going through some problems in the la...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.