Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New here!! Hi everyone!!!
Firepig911 posted:
Good morning everyone!! Here I am, 109 days from my 40th birthday, trying to make lifestyle changes for my health before it gets way too difficult! Just looking for support to reach my goal weight of 120. I'm only 5'2" and my current weight is 181. I've been stuck between 180 & 182. I've been eating right and exercising on a regular basis but like I said, I'm at a plateau and am really really frustrated. Any ideas???

jis4judy responded:
Hi Fire
welcome aboard the way to break a plateau is to change something like if you were walking for exercise add in some calisthentics or maybe change your calories some if you were eating 1200 cals that the number most people use when dieting raise it to 1400 for a few days maybe have one day 1500 then back down to 1200 rotate the amounts it keeps your body guessing about how many cals it is getting and it doesn't get into a slow mode from getting too few .. figure out how many cals will maintain your goal weight and use that as your don;t go over number
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Welcome Firepig. Judy has given you great advice. We all tweak our journeys from time to time and that seems to help with the plateaus. I did the calorie cycling that Judy describes and rarely hit plateaus. Good luck!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

Firepig911 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks ladies!!! I will try that!! It does make sense. I used HCG last year and dropped the weight quickly but I'm sure all of you know how that goes. I'm just thankful I have been able to keep off 35 of the 50 pounds I lost then but this time around, I'm doing it the right, healthy way.

Sonya

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Firepig, Welcome!
It may be time to try a bit of cardio. The one I like best is the 4 minute tabata.
WARNING HERE: It WILL kick your butt, but it's only 4 min and it's really not so bad. I can even do it , with a few adjustments , with a bad hip and back.
here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM

Just keep reminding yourself.... IT"S ONLY 4 MINUTES, lol
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to Firepig911's response:
Hi Sonya the real thing to get from us is that we are changing our lives for better Health and keeping the changes thats where diets fail is you diet get to goal then go back to old eating habits and regain I am glad you maintained the loss from last year thats an awsome achievement a life style change does the job better
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Hi Firepig, I wonder if that HCG jacked up your metabolism so it is a bit confused without the HCG.

Anyway, when we reach a plateau for a long period of time, what we are doing is maintaining our current weight. Very frustrating to know that we got to eat less calories or tweak our food choices and watch hydration and exercise more or different.

Are you wattching protein intake? Working out with weights? This will increase muscle and muscle burns calories.

Were you eating like 500 calories a day when on HCG, that could put your body in starvation mode, so when off it, your body is trying to save calories.

Let us know how you do. Good luck!

Barb

abnersmom replied to Firepig911's response:
Hey Sonya, good job keeping off the weight that you lost - well, most of it. I think a lot of people who do that dangerous HCG thing put all the weight right back on. Glad you've joined our healthy journey.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Firepig911 replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks everyone for all of your support!! And I do cardio and some weight training as well. I haven't measured recently but I guess it could be fat changing over to muscle. I see changes in my arms and in my calves with them getting more defined even though I am in the 180s so that helps me a bit.

jean4u replied to Firepig911's response:
Good work on the weight training and cardio that will help burn calories.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a native Western New Yorker in the midst of a battle for my health whilst living abroad, away from my friends and family. I've been gainfu...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.