Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
On the move
totallywiggedout posted:
Well, this will probably be the only time in the next few days that I'll be on here. We are moving house.
Timeline
Wednesday , Jan 30 evening, landlady txts to see if I will be home Thurs to allow someone in "to measure" the rooms. I txt back, sure, Are you selling....She says she's sure they will tell us if they do.
Thurs am Caldwell Banker calls to introduce herself and asks if it's a good time.
Yeeees.. then "oh by the way, we'll be putting a "realtor" key box on the front door so that every realtor has access to the house for showings, but we will "try" to call first ... LOL We live in a not so great area. .... we have 3 big screen tvs and 5 computers in house.... Like I want a bunch of strangers tramping through....
so Thurs pm, boys and I are searching for a new rental... found one , rented it Friday and are moving OUT.... let em show it, I could care less . I'm so mad.....
almost 6 months ago a tree fell on the house, we called owner as it was happening. Only this last weekend they got someone in here to fix it...
Poop on it. It's not worth the bother...
We are getting into a bigger house btw, with central air and heat.... YAY!!
more later.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Good luck Kim it sounds like you are getting more in the move so thats a good thing sometimes it takes a push to get us moveing in the direction we originally intended
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Kim, Good luck on the move! Sounds like alot better house, too
We will thinking about you. You lucked out to get something you wanted that soon. I'm with you on not wanting strangers in and out of the house. Even if your were there alone with a showing it could get wierd. I probably watch too many of those investigative shows where they show crime and most times it never would have happened if you didn't OPEN the front door OR stop the car to help.

Stay safe and sane! LOL

Barb

abnersmom responded:
I think that's great, Kim! It sounds like in the end this will be perfect for you. Of course, I'm not the one having to pack and move!

Let us know when you get settled and don't hurt your back moving heavy stuff, girlfriend.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi guys, in for a few.
Debbie, I don't think I'll hurt my back. All my guys seem to be really conscious of it now that it's not just pain but disk degen. lol. I feel bad though because I feel just about useless. Before this accident , I was the take charge, get er done kind of single mother/head of household/homeowner. If it needed done, I did it. If the boys were at there dad's for the summer and I needed a new washer or dryer, I'd get it loaded at Home Depot then unload it by myself , then "walk" the thing into the house....not so anymore. And watching them do all the lifting and carrying just about kills me.
My job is coming though. I will be the one to do most of the arranging, rearranging and unpacking for the main house stuff. The boys will do their own, and bedrooms.
Judy, Barb, yes, this was the push we needed I guess. Everyone, except Monica at this point(cause she's in Michigan for a visit) is pleased with the size of the new house and that everything is going to fit better. We are still a bit concerned about no outside storage, but we will figure that out too, eventually. ......
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

tnmist replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Wow, that is a quick timeline! I hope it goes smoothly for you today.

I took the plunge buying my first home 3 years ago because I got tired of the uncertainty of rentals. It's a bit daunting as a single person, and I struggle with depression, which makes it hard to keep up the energy to keep yard and house looking decent, but I keep trying. I've moved around a lot in my adult life, and it's a lot of work. I'm glad you have help with it.

Misty

jean4u replied to tnmist's response:
Misty, I think home management like you say takes alot of energy. When my husband of 30 years left me, I shut down. I didn't have the amount of money to do it all, so I had to make priorities of what got done with the amount of funds I had. It was a very humbling time. I developed an ability to tune out what I didn't want to see.

I ended up selling that home and moving in with my 2nd husband. It took me a year before the sale to clear that house and get it "sale ready". I count that as one of the biggest accomplishments in my life.

BTW, Misty, you can see that this board is much much more than a chat about our eating plans. I think that is why there is such a "connection" here. Glad you joined in.

Barb

abnersmom replied to tnmist's response:
I've been meaning to say to you Misty, that Amber and i are both from TN as well. We still haven't met because we stay so busy, but maybe someday.... I live in Murfreesboro.

Sorry about the depression you suffer from. That is a tough one and makes reducing the amount of comfort food really hard.

Congrats on buying a home on your own. i divorced about 5 years ago after 35 years of marriage. It was a tough decision at the time, but one of the best I've made in my life for ME. Anyway, I bought a condo totally on my own and love, love, love my independence.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I dated my 2nd husband for 10 yrs. and lived at my own home. I really did not hurry into giving up my own place. I liked being able to be alone. Even now that we live together, we like our alone time.

Barb

kalimiller responded:
Ick. I feel you on really bad landlords. Have you met the landlord of the new place?
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
Maybe one day we can have lunch or something!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to blondie454u's response:
I know Amber. We've got to make time to do this. I'll message you on FB when I can come up with some dates and hopefully one of them works for you. Let's do it.

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
Great!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI my name is Angela mother of 6 (Yes you read correctly 6 ) . You can say that I have been over weight since I was in Middle school .Thats when I tri...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.