Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to the community
An_250248 posted:
Hello All....I started tracking my food/exercise/weight 3 weeks ago and I have lost 11 pounds but gained back 2 as of this morning. I didn't track anything yesterday but I stayed within my calorie range or so I thought. That just shows me the importance of tracking every day for now. I am trying to not get discouraged and just try to realize I am not going to be perfect but it is long term changes I am looking for. I had lost 57pounds 6 years ago and then regained 20 over about 4 years and then crash dieted (don't do that) and lost the 20 again but then wham it all came back and no matter what I tried it wouldn't come off again till I started here so here I am again working to lose those 60 pounds again. I know I will find encouragement and motivation here with others needing to lose weight.

jean4u responded:
Hi An,

The important thing is being as consistent as possible with your plan. Yes, there will be things like sodium or slips or not drinking enough water or walking as planned. Just pick yourself up and push re set each day.

I lose my weight as quickly as I put it on about 2-3 lbs. a month, that's it. During that month I do fluctuate. I weigh daily, so at first I thought was I ever going to keep a steady weight. I look at my weight journal as a spreadsheet. I use it to look at my weight in terms of years, month, weeks, and the day by day.

Keep p[osting!

Barb

BTW, I started in Jan., 2010 and am still here. Posting here helps me keep the weight off.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi An, don't get discouraged about a 2 lb weight fluxuation. That can be there simply for a late night glass of water.... no kidding. Just keep tracking, and watching, your intake and sodium. If you have too much sodium in your diet and don't like the fluctuations of water weight gain, try to cut way back on those saltier foods.
Focus on healthy nutritious foods that feed your body not your cravings. No more diets, especially "crash" diets. They are so so bad for your health.
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten some great advice so welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Always heavy finally got my dream body after losing 130lbs 5 years ago....i maintained until my first pregnancy, now I'm 230lbs again. I need to t...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.