Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused and looking for answers!! (new here)
An_250259 posted:
Ok I have been dieting or lets say more like eating healthy, exercising, and watching my calories now for just over 2 weeks. (15 days). I have lost already 9 lbs @ a 1200-1400 calorie intake. I am using a site that allows me to keep track of my calorie intake and what I burn for calories when exercising. Everyone on this site is saying that you should eat back the calories burned from exercsing, and I find that not true but I could be wrong. Should you eat bck the calories you burned in order to loss weight?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
No you don't eat the calories burned by exercise you focus your calories on healthy nutrition choose a number and vary it up and down a hundred or so calories Congrats on the 9 pounds thats a lot for 2 weeks but in the begining you do lose more than after a while because as you get smaller your calorie needs are less ...
while removeing weight I had a do not go over number of calories that number was the calories needed to maintain my goal weight I varied my caloris between 1300 and 1700
My don't go over number was 1800 I am 5' 5" 70 years old and now weight approx 150 maintaining .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
I agree with Judy. In addition to the benefits of exercising, you want to burn off more calories than you consume in order to lose weight. Congrats on the 9 lb. loss. That's a lot in only 2 weeks!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u responded:
Congrats! Welcome aboard. You always want to burn more calories than you put in but don't go under 1200 calories on intake.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Tammy22274 replied to jis4judy's response:
First I want to say Thank You to everyone for your reply and for the weight loss. I do work out 2 hours and 30 minutes a day of physical exercise from moderate to intense. I set myself up with a challenge of reaching the 2 hours and 30 minutes with 15,000 steps a day.
I never eat back the calories I burn. I was always told that you have to burn more calories than you eat in order to loss weight. I never eat back the calories but there are others that are eating back their calories that they burned.
I do have another question for you all. How many days a week should you work out and what is too much?

jis4judy replied to Tammy22274's response:
well working out is very personal to each persons ability My self I take a walk every day almost I make myself take 1 day a week off of intentional exercise thats the day i do cleaning in the house... I work out with free weights 2 days a week
I do know if you do too much it will show by makeing it harder to stick with the exercise and you can hurt your self . very early in my journey I did weight lifting yoga and a long walk all in one day I felt great and then the next day I was sore all over my body even my face hurt ,,I obviously over did the exercise Rich on the exercise board recomended gentle cardio to releave the muscles... so I have been rather steady in 6 days walking 2 days weights occasional yoga but not all on the same day
the recomended steps is 10,000 you are doing 15,000 so you maybe over doing it a bit But if it doesn't bother you keep at it
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to Tammy22274's response:
Judy gave you some good advice. Basically if your just sore your working it like your suppose to. If your in excruciating pain then you're over doing. You do what feels right to your body. I workout about 2hrs a day.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Tammy22274 replied to blondie454u's response:
I think all the advice that everyone has given me is good. I am thinking about lowering the steps to 10,000 instead of the 15,000 because I am too sore. I just started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and that alone is hard lol.. I also have lowered the amount of time doing my Just Dance on the Wii as well.. I don't want to get to that point that I can not work out at all because then that is going to take a damper on my weight loss. Thanks everyone for all your help, it is much appreciated!!

Tammy22274 replied to Tammy22274's response:
I also wanted to let you all know that I am now down 10 lbs since Jan. 21st and excited to be seeing the pounds come off. I am looking forward to reaching the goal I have set for myself.. SW 256, CW 246, Goal 155!!!

jis4judy replied to Tammy22274's response:
Hi Tammy thats pretty awsome down 10 allready way to go girl Do yourself proud Hugs Judy:) doing a happy dance in your honor

abnersmom replied to Tammy22274's response:
Woohoo, Tammy! Just wait until you're down another 10 lbs. Judy will get out her pink pompoms and dance some more for you. Way to go!!!!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u replied to Tammy22274's response:
That's so awesome! You go with your badself!!!!

jean4u replied to Tammy22274's response:
Hi Tammy,

I just want to say great work!

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to Tammy22274's response:
Hi Tammy, sorry for this late welcome..... WELCOME to THE GROUP!!!!
So far so good, huh? You seem to be doing very well with your choices. Grats on the weightloss so far.
It does go pretty fast for some people, and others it takes a little while for their bodies to adjust. Be aware that if or when you hit your plateaus, that it will just take a bit of extra oomph. Stay strong, for these too shall pass.
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Tammy22274 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Girls!!! I want to see the pink pompoms lol...

Totallywiggedout thanks for the welcome. I have a way to go probably before I hit a plateau lol I hope anyways. I am down 11 pounds total so far but these last few days have been very stressful and I have failed to work out. A lot going on in my life. Live with the ex-husband and we had a big blow out yesterday and today so I was sick to my stomach and never did my workout at all. I have to make some serious decisions and I have been thinking about moving to Florida with my Aunt to get the hell away from the drama and Bullcrap I put up with living here with him. A lot of changes I need to make and have to figure everything out soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.