Skip to content
February Goals
kalimiller posted:
I have to admit, this is one of the things that helps me the most. Setting these monthly mini goals.

I lost a total of 4 pounds this last month, and first goal is to try to lose a pound a week this month as well.

Additionally, I want to try to go on one walk a week with one of my dogs (I have three). I think that's it's finally thawed enough outside for me to go on a decent length walk without fear of slipping every other step.

What are your goals for the month?
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

jean4u responded:
I agree Kali, Setting the monthly mini goals really helps to find ways to keep me on my journey. There are many things I could be doing but this helps me to focus and priortize.

I am going to pick housework that will get me off my butt or bending. Clearing snow counts here, too. Heck, even washing the counters can create a good stretch.

I could easily do four fifteen minute tasks and that will help with maintenance of house and my weight.

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Hi Kali, I've gotten a little sloppy about measuring, etc. so my goal for Feb. is to start logging my food again and keeping myself honest and mindful.

Also, Amber has inspired me and I brought clothes to change into to take a walk at lunch today. I'm making a mini-goal of walking 3 times a week at lunch for now. I will still get my long weekend walks with Abner in, but at some point, I've simply got to figure this exercise thing out. I've made changes the last couple of years that I'm proud of, e.g., taking the stairs always, but there is much room for improvement in the area of exercise for me.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

maybembt responded:
Thanks Kali for this post. I haven't lost the weight that I gained since my trip to the US for the holidays. So my goal this month is to lose 8 lbs and get below my Nov 1 weight. I plan to get my focus off food and onto other things. I plan to eat only when physically hungry and identify & nonfood feed the other hungers.
Marybeth 228-203-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
I am so proud of you! Glad I could be of help!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to maybembt's response:
WTG go Marybeth on your new goals!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to blondie454u's response:
You always are, Amber. I walked 40 mins. at lunch AND I logged my food in fitday today - actually going to have to add something to get to my maintenance calories! Woohoo! It's such a great feeling to do the things that one needs to do.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Yaaay Debbie for doing that 40 mins. at lunch and logging your food. The faster we get back to our plans the better!

Adding just a bit more exercise/movement in our day and staying on top of the portions does add up, just like the other way around.

Good work!

Barb

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks Barb. I got such a sense of empowerment yesterday. Will do it again today. The way I felt yesterday is so much better than the feeling I have when I make excuses and skip the exercise!!!

Great Job Debbie!!!! I don't log my food any more but I still weigh most of it. I figure now if I'm hungry I'll but make sure it's healthy and portioned control. If I know I am going to eat bad for whatever reason like Christmas or Thanksgiving include it in my plan and portion control it all out. Always have a plan.

Debbie & Amber,

I am saying this to myself right now: "Make yourself stronger than your excuses".

Amber when I read your really LONG post of your daily schedule, that tells me I got to really work at this NO EXCUSES!

If Amber can do it with a job and family to care for I sure as heck can give it my "college try"!

Barb

BTW, I am doing better! Got 4 off of that horrible holiday/lazy-girl weight! Got 3 to go!

That's great Barb! 4 lbs. off is a lot when you aren't really heavy anymore. Love that saying!

Got my walk in at lunch yesterday and food was good as well. I'm hanging at 151 right now, but it fluctuates both ways so it doesn't bother me. As long as I keep an eye on the weight and stay on track, I should be okay.

Amber, I still measure and weigh as well, but felt I was getting a little sloppy since I got to increase calories a bit with maintenance. I probably won't keep logging forever, but it's been helpful this week. It was also good to see that my nutrition is pretty good as well. Thanks for the support you guys!

You have to find a plan that works for you! Just as long as it's a healthy one. You're doing great!

Debbie, I agree that we got to be OK with a bit of lb. fluctuation, especially after a meal out or a higher sodium day, but when the lbs. start to go to the 5 range, that's it for me, no kidding self. A sign that I must read, that I am falling back into some dangerous habits.

I am still new at maintenance and have my training wheels on! I think it is somewhat like how we find our own way to lose the weight, we have to find our own way to live our lives BUT not re-gain the weight.

For example, I have found that there are just some days I will splurge on meals and not deny myself but then I will not do this everyday and every meal. I know this sounds pretty simple and I'm sure thin people just do this, but for me this took over two years to have a "light bulb" moment, slow but trainable. LOL

Barb

So true, so true Barb. I've got my training wheels on for sure. So far, it appears that even with staying on track with food and exercise, my body naturally fluctuates between 149 and 151. Like you, I'm gonna jump on anything that goes above 151 like the proverbially duck on a June bug.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm from Malaysia and have just joined this group. I was a big baby (13.25lbs) and have never been small. But now that I'm in 54 with 5 pr...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.