Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Going the wrong way
justmejust posted:
Hi, I am going the wrong way on the scale. Up another size in my jeans. Up on daily calories.

Back, leg, foot pain continues to improve. I walk for 30 min. four times per week. That is only 1/3 the amount I walked last summer. It is a start.

I probably could do more around the house than sit and watch tv. That is when I keep eating unhealthy carbs and chocolate. I realize it, but keep choosing to do it anyway instead of stretching more or housecleaning.

I keep up with the everyday chores easy enough right now such as laundry, picking up, and dishes.

Sorry to keep sharing my downfalls. I am grateful that other things are going well. I am doing great and hubby, kids doing great.

Laura
Laura 155 - 207 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jean4u responded:
Glad your pain is improving. You are doing good to walk 4x's a week! Most of us can always do better with the food. About doing more around the house, I made a February mini goal to do just that. I will do four fifteen minute tasks that involve me getting up (so pushing papers around sitting down doesn't count). I plan to get a wind up kitchen timer so I don't lose track of time. I had one but it broke

We can turn this around!

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Laura,

Just hang in there. Try making more slow changes. You'll get there. Hugs!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

maybembt responded:
Laura,
Many years ago when I had a ruptured disc, The doctors wanted to operate and fuse! I discovered the best treatment for my back/leg paid was not rest or meds. I discover if I went for a walk, the pain would ease up. I would start off walking bent forward and limping, but after a few minutes I could stand erect and the limp would stop. But when I sat down on the couch, the pain would return. So Laura, keep walking. If eating is a problem when watching TV, find something else to occupy your mind. When your mind is busy, food shouldn't be such a problem.
Marybeth 228-203-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

abnersmom responded:
Glad you keep posting, Laura. We can only motivate ourselves, but know that we are here to encourage you no matter what.

Wonderful news that your pain is better and that you and your family are doing well. Those are truly things to be grateful for.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

justmejust replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks everyone!

Debbie, Thank you for the kind words. It means more than I can say to know I have friends are here.

Marybeth, Thank you for sharing your personal experience with a ruptured disc and letting me know that walking worked for you. And yes, I need to find something to keep my mind busy, and then do it. I am trying to figure that out. And making myself do it is a hurdle too.

Amber, Thank you for the encouragement to hang in there and make small changes. Wow, really good.

Hi Barb, Thanks for the pat on the back for walking 4 times a week. It is so much better to have a sounding board here than going it alone and forgetting what I am doing well for the time being.

Laura
Laura 155 - 207 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Laura
well today I had this weird feeling that I wanted all the goodies in the stores. and the bakery in my grocery store was bakeing something Chocolate and it made it worse the miracle is I didn;t buy any of those tempting things .. also to control my Hubbys bombarding me with candy while in the store I skipped over the aile that had the candy in it I don;t think he even noticed what I did ...
It is a constant struggle to remain commited to my journey
did great today in spite of my trouble with temtation and I had the huungry horrors for the last 3 days so its a wonder I didn;t cave today ...
Do congradulate your self on the walking maybe increase to 5 days a week when you feel you can .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, I said it before and I'll say it again, it is when we are struggling with getting our grip or have "obstacles" that we need to come here and vent. This journey is so much more than food, exercise and a scale. Part of it, for me, is staying positive in my head about myself. Even getting to the perfect weight will not keep us there (positive/happy with ourselves). I know I have to work on this each day.

Keep on keepin' on!

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy, so that's where you've been, grocery shopping. I got to do that today. Making my list. Seems like its the same as last time, but that's OK.

I swear your DH and mine are tony-twins because my DH handed me the gosh awful chip bag on Sunday night and I fell for it! Great now I have/had sodium overload.....thanks DH!!!
But I got back down, whew. Focus, focus!

Hungry horrors lasting for 3 days, poor Judy! Just get back to your normal. I felt bad about myself and my chip episode but can't change the past, only do better now and that's what we can do.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb I am on doggy duty again they will be heading home soon in the next few days ,, I donlt think I sleep well with dogs in my bed love those pups just looking forward to some peacefull sleeping maybe that will silence the hungry horrors
My calories are really on weight loss track but somehow I am gaining I think it is the sleep ... My hubby didn;t pick up any candy this time shopping maybe skipping that aile will help
I will try it again next time ,,, weighed it a few days ago and I was up to 153 that my old maintainance number I thought I said good by to ... gotta work hard at this again I did resume my weight lifting last week and that felt good ...been walking too 2 times a day with the pups ..I am thinking all the sniffing they do my walking is more like walk stand still walk I tried running with the dogs that only works for a few minutes ..
Oh well back to normal next week for sure
as for Our DHs hard liveing with them but would miss them if they wern;t there right ?... I am not sure why he wants to sweeten me up...unless he misses the old sweet indulgences we used to share ... a decade ago

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh man, Judy, hungry horrors for 3 days! Yuck! I bet it IS the sleep. I know you enjoy those granddogs though. Hope the hungries go away today for you. You know, one of the most important things that I have learned here from you successful maintainers is that the weight will go up occassionally, but the important thing is to catch it before it gets out of hand. Congratulations on hanging tough against those tempting goodies. Great job!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy good job on overcoming those indulgences. Hubbies are silly. Mine wants to share those sweet treats so he won't feel as guilty so I have to be the bad guy sometimes and be like no honey we don't need that. Men tend to relate with food with us for whatever reason. If it was up to my hubby we could out to eat to fancy restaurants once a week. He is a true foodie. He loves it and would try any of it at least once. He is getting a lot better at it though. He has lost 50lbs since last May. He works out 2hrs a day and plus the extra stuff we do on the weekends. We encourage each other and that's just so awesome to me!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, interesting about not sleeping so well....I had a bout with that a few days ago. Seems when I or DH have an early AM appointment or something a bit out of the ordinary going on he gets tossy and turny and it makes me want to bop him on the head to "stop it already". Just like everything else, sleep and regular rest is necessary.

I like to stay in the mid 130 range (have to really work hard to stay there). OK even at 139, BUT really feel shaky when I hover in the 140's too long. Saw 146 in Jan, and at 142(today). Goal to get back in 130's and STAY there.

So I have gotten serious in Jan. and this 1st week of February I brought it down 4 lbs. since I became more dilligent. Shedding 5-6 is less work and time that when it goes over 10.

Paying attention to the details helps me. Watching those portion sizes, etc..

Yes, I would miss my chip-bag-waving DH! LOL BTW mine was "inhaling" chips already by noon time and asked if I wanted "one", I said only if I could have the whole bag! (kidding of course (me) because I am on a roll to get 3 lbs. off by the end of Feb. and chips aren't going to get me there!

Barb

P.S. I hope you have a good day and see good numbers real soon!

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Thats awsome Barb you are really getting back on the journey 4 pounds down that is great yes Chips also are one of my trigger foods I could eat the giant size bag worse yet I would get the tortilla chips and make nachos I still try them in restaraunts since I don;t eat out that often it isn;t a problem still can;t have them in the house//
I someimes cn;t sleep when i know I have an appointment in the morning I think it is fear of over sleeping.

blondie454u replied to jean4u's response:

Yay! Barb. Great job!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old. I had a baby girl 11/22/09 and she is my reason for changing my life. I am 5 ft 6 in and 225lbs I have been over weight nearly all ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.