Skip to content
New and 40
becca40 posted:
Hi my name is Becky and havr been fighting my weight for 40 years now. You name it and i have tried it. Trying to lose is hard enough and now i have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It makes exercise harder and painful. What to do

tnmist responded:
Hi, Becca. Welcome. I'm new, too, and I'm sure someone here can give you some insight. I know friends with fibromyalgia, but I'm not familiar with how they manage exercise and things. Best wishes on your journey.

Misty

abnersmom responded:
Hi Becca and welcome. I think it's wonderful that you've joined us. So many here have improved their various health issues with good nutrition and moderate exercise. i don't know much about fibromyalgia, but here are a couple of links I found for you:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/367714-fibromyalgia-symptoms-treatments-diets-exercise-programs/

http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/guide/fibromyalgia-the-diet-connection
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u responded:
Welcome here!

Most of us here are focusing on healthier food choices so exercise is something we don't rely on to lose the weight. It's more a thing we fit in relative to our ages and body/health restrictions.

Barb

blondie454u responded:
I don't know any tips for your condition but I do know a personal trainer that has fibromyalgia. She works out religiously and has a rockin body for an older lady. I think she is in her 50's. So I know it can be done. Maybe get some tips from others that have the same condition. I am sure walking is safe.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

rohvannyn responded:
My Mom has fibromyalgia and she used to love water exercise/water aerobics. Low impact and gentle is the way to go. A set of exercise bands (the kind that come with the interchangeable handles and a door anchor) are also a nice low impact way to exercise. They are about thirty bucks for a good set on Amazon or Ebay. Don't get the kind for yoga. Walking, light weights, anything gentle. The fitness and exercise community might have more tips too. Here's a link:

http://exchanges.webmd.com/fitness-and-exercise-exchange

Focusing on increasing the nutritional content of your food, plus gentle exercise, is a good way to go. Good luck!
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 yrs. old 5'5 134 lbs. I HAVE A 16 YRS. OLD DAUGHTER AND A FABULOUS HUSBAND. I have had a tummy tuck, paid for a personal trainer at the gy...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.