Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Unwelcome surprise
maybembt posted:
Hi Everyone!
I have been real good today. I have been concentrating on my fruits and veggies. Tomorrow is market day, so tonight I decided to juice all my veggies so I could get new tomorrow. I got out my juicer. I haven't used it since Oct. It is a lot of work! I washed the washed the receptacles and wiped down the unite. I juices carrots, radishes, cucumbers, and cucumbers. I was so proud of myself. When I tore apart the unit to wash it, I got an unwelcome surprise. There was a mud dabber (wasp) nest inside it!!! All that work for nothing.
Marybeth 228-203-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

abnersmom responded:
Oh yuck, Marybeth! I wonder what nutrition a wasp nest has in it? LOL! Seriously though, you had to have been so frustrated! Haven't we all had similar experiences - well, not exactly! I once made vegetable beef soup from my grandmother's recipe. It takes hours, but is delicious. I left out a major ingredient. I added it at the end, but that batch just was never what it should have been.

Kudos for trying to use up those great veggies.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

kalimiller responded:
Oh gosh! I think that I would have died a little bit on the inside. Ewww!
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

jean4u responded:
Waaaah, let me out of there!

Hate when that happens....a recipe gets foiled. I hope you do get to make that again and do enjoy the results.

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Awwwww. All that food and work went to waste. I am so sorry! Maybe it will make up itself by having some good deals at the market. Glad your posting
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy responded:
well Mary beth that must have been a surprise I used to have hornets and wasps under all my shutters well My house no longer has shutters and to keep bugs away I spray the outside of my house with lemon scented amonia it keeps them away
you maybe should have taken it apart before juiceing maybe next time start with takeing it apart// Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.