Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello everybody...newbie here!
j9celeste posted:
Hello all of you who support each other in the quest for better health! I started in January with about 125 pounds to lose and so I will be here for quite some time! I am using the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner and found this community through there.

I posted my story in my profile, so I won't repeat that business again! I look forward to getting to know many of you and to being able to receive and get support.
The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that YOU love, well that's just fabulous. SW 286 CW 268

jis4judy responded:
Hi Celeste
welcome aboard I started my journey to help my body heal itself focusing on healthy foods and avoiding the proccessed foods really helps in this struggle ..
It will help you to get a food scale to get an accurat calorie count as you go along and looking at this journey as a life style change that goes on forever can help because diets do work while you are on them and get to goal or just tired of dieting you go back to old eating habits , Changeing the relationship we have with food is an important step for many of us ..I am on a Nutrition quest that what I call my journey
most of us do a 80- 90% on plan thing and plan our indugences and keep them small rather than giveing up certain things ... I think it is great you didn;t gain any weight when you were confind to wheet chair and walker . It really is the food that is the problem the exercise is good but not essential at least in the begining..Have you given any thought to medication working against you in the weight removal. if that might be true then you need to be more on plan than off ... about exercise many people think because they exercise they can eat more and that spoils the effort
If you can look within to find why you over eat that can help too . it is also helpful to identify the trigger foods and stop buying them .. mine was sweets
I hope some of this helps
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Celeste,

Welcome here! Thanks for sharing your story with us. For most of us here, the goal is to live a healthier life. I admit when I came here in Jan., 2010, I just wanted to lose weight and go back to eating "normal". I hit alot of speed bumps along the way and changed alot of thinking and just how I live my life.

We have to do it our way that fits into our lives and with our uniqueness, albeit age, health, lack of home support, etc..Rosana Dana said it right when she said "There will always be something." (and there will)

What helps me is making a plan for each day. I need structure even the smallest detail helps me to stay focused, so when I get a bit off track "everything" doesn't go haywire. I write everything down, I am a "To Do" list everyday. (I like seeing the things crossed off, even if I don't get to them all)

Keep in mind progress not perfection, that helped me to be self-forgiving and "let go".

Barb

P.S. Posting does help. You are not alone.

abnersmom responded:
Hi Celeste! Glad you have joined us and shared your story with us. I second everything Barb and Judy have said. They have both been successful and are great mentors to us all.

I got away from logging my food for a while and found I was getting a bit sloppy with nutrition so I am back at it again. This is a lifelong journey and I, for one, am having to stay constantly vigilant so that I don't fall back into bad habits. As Judy says, they don't ever go away and will come back and bite you in the butt if you don't stay mindful.

Best of luck to you in your healthy journey!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard! Read your story and you've been through a lot. That's the great thing about this board, we all have are struggles and that's why we come here. Share our thoughts and problems. You'll find great support here and we all have stories to share. Congrats on what you've lost already. That's a great start. Are you doing any exercising?
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

garyss responded:
hello dear,
welcome to you on this forum,Today's life has become very busy and speedy. Sometime it seems frustrating that causes can be affects in your

life. Health is very important part of our life and Nobody have time to takecare of his/her health. you should be conscious with your health.for this

no need to go anywhere,just take your net references for natural care.

Hair care
skin care
Natural remedies
Natural care
vitamins required
exercises
A-Z health care

j9celeste replied to jis4judy's response:
Hello Judy
Thank you so much for the welcome and the advice. I understand the "dangers" of processed foods and am striving toward actually preparing fresh foods instead of the grab and eat mentality I have been living with. It's tough, but I do feel better already. I started "label watching" on processed foods when my husband's blood pressure started going up last year and we had to watch his salt intake. I was amazed what I found. I ignored it for quite a while, but I am now paying attention.
I really like the term nutrition quest. I have been completely avoiding the "d" word and this is a good way to do it.
I am hopeful, which is more than I have been for a long time. I SO appreciate the support!
MWAH!
Celeste
The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that YOU love, well that's just fabulous. SW 286 CW 268

j9celeste replied to jean4u's response:
Hello Barb

Thank you so much for the welcome. I don't think I would know what "normal" eating was if it hit me in the face I have had such an unhealthy relationship with food for so long and I know that that needs to change.
I think it's fabulous that you have been at this for three years and still going strong! The power of support?
I agree with structure being important. I have to write my "to do" list in pencil so if I don't get something done I can erase it and it's not staring me in the face But that's something my shrink taught me.
I love Rosanne Rosanna Dana! You're right...there will always be something. A lazy or depressed day, a birthday party, going out to eat...all things I need to learn how to deal with in a healthy manner.
I agree with progress not perfection, letting go, and remembering that I can do anything for one day. Bill W has taught me a lot of lessons
Celeste

j9celeste replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie,

Thank you very much for the welcome. I congratulation you on your inspiring loss and maintaining! I need to remember that this is a lifelong journey and that I am the only one that can make this happen.

Celeste

j9celeste replied to blondie454u's response:
Hello Amber

Thank you for the welcome. I am looking forward to reading all of your stories for inspiration and support. I am not doing any exercising yet. I would like to start with simple walking and as soon as we get above zero temps (January was VERY cold here in northern Minnesota) I am planning on starting small. I congratulate you on your huge loss and maintaining!

Celeste

j9celeste replied to garyss's response:
Thank you so much for your welcome. You are so right that we need to take time to take care of ourselves...we are the only ones who will! I will work on remembering this!

Celeste

abnersmom replied to j9celeste's response:
Thanks Celeste! Honey, if I can do this so can you! I'm smaller than I've been since 6th grade and I'm 59 years old. It feels great and I am determined to keep it that way. This board has been a major part of my success. Stick with us!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u replied to j9celeste's response:
Making small slow changes work best. You're getting there. Remember none of us did this over night.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u replied to j9celeste's response:
Celeste, When I got started I could not think about this being a lifestyle or lifelong change, that was too overwhelming for me.

I had never stuck to a consistent healthy eating plan so how could I succeed now. We can't change overnight but we can make small changes. You've heard this before and these small changes DO empower us. It is really weird how that happens.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 20 and at 215! i was 120 only a few years ago, i feel like i cant lose weight i dont even know how i let myself get so big i just want to stop bein...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.