Skip to content
Giving myself a pep talk
j9celeste posted:
I have been giving myself an internal pep talk all morning, but I find that I need to write it! I started this journey on January 3 and as of last Sunday had lost 18 pounds. I am already feeling the benefits physically and I'm feeling wonderful about my accomplishment.

When I got on the scale today, I found that I had gained 1.2 pounds in the past week. I realize that I still have a loss of 16.8 pounds which is fabulous.

I know where I went wrong. I know that even though I stayed under my calorie limit, my calories were not healthy ones. And I was pretty lazy. I didn't cut my veggies for my salads and do my household activities to help burn the calories.

I know what I need to do...get right back on the horse and keep galloping!

Sounds good, right? So why do I feel kind of down? I'm being honest and that's kind of tough...admitting my feelings even though I know they're not healthy.

I just needed to get this out...kind of say it "out loud". I'm not having a pity party (I hope )

Thanks for letting me work this out!

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that YOU love, well that's just fabulous. SW 286 CW 268

jis4judy responded:
Hi Celeste
we all have had that happen there is sometimes some water weight gain when we have salty foods or not so great choices I am struggleing too with a small gain heck I removed almost 100 pounds and been maintaining for nearly 10 years and it still throws me for a loop when I see a gain on that darn scale .it is normal to show a gain it is temporary Just keep on the journey and it will fix itself eventually crap 18 pounds in the first month is totally awsome even 16 is awsome .. In the very begining of my journey I weighed in monthy because I knew those nasty flucuations would drive me nuts .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Celeste,
I LOVE pity parties! invite me and I'll bake a(n) imaginary cake!! LOL
1.2-2 lb fluctuations happen alot. It could be something stupid like a late night glass of water that did it. Not such a biggie. Now, if it STAYS, then you'll know to do damage control. But you seem to be doing very well otherwise, so don't stress a small uptake.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Hi Celeste,

Be proud of that 16.8! The gain of 1.2 happens and that is the reality of this lifestyle. The difference is you came here to "talk it out" instead of acquiesce, instead you reviewed what needs work. Yep, this takes planning and preparation. I take time to make up batches of air popped popcorn (I call them my popcorn pillows because I put this in gallon size baggies and they look like pillows LOL). I do this because this is my go-to snack or car food along with a 22 oz. Crystal Light.....fills the tummy...oh, I may add a string cheese to this snack.

My point is this totally is a learning process. NO self-beating allowed!

BTW, I do allot better when I have veggies (I cut and store celery in water, big pitchers) ready to go. Even fruit I have cut and stored. I steam broccoli and cauliflower. I cook egggwhites. I didn't do all this at first, though.

Another BTW, I am not "Polly Perfect", either, I do succumb to my DH's chips and deal with the sodium the next day.

I think being honest is a huge part of this journey, screaming it here is good. There really is something about posting it that is healing. OK, now we can let it go and do better!

Barb

ausgram responded:
WOW, 16 lbs? *sigh* I should be so lucky.

abnersmom responded:
I love that you are evaluating your plan as you go along. I think that is such an important part. We all tweak our plans when we need to, it's the "awareness" and honesty that will keep us moving toward or where we want to be. Way to go!!
You are doing great.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

j9celeste replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy
Weighing in monthly is a great idea...but I don't think I'd be able to wait that long (or weight that long ) Maintaining a 100 pound loss for 10 years is an inspiration. Thank you for your support!
Celeste
The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that YOU love, well that's just fabulous. SW 286 CW 268

j9celeste replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim!
I'll have to remember the imaginary cake! Thank you for the support!
Celeste

j9celeste replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb
Thank you for the words of encouragement and kindness! You're right...I am learning all the time. I did cut my veggies and fruits today and washed tons of grapes.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only "Polly not Perfect!" And thank you for listening.
Celeste

pallzy replied to j9celeste's response:
One of my favorite quotes I've gotten from here - "Progress not Perfection". Don't try to be perfect.

Sheryl
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

j9celeste replied to abnersmom's response:
Thank you Debbie!

blondie454u responded:
Yes we have our ups and downs. Just pick back up and realize the mistake.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mother, 59, who works for her self-employed husband. At 229 pounds, I am 99 lbs. overweight and have been for 20 years. In fact, at my...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.