Skip to content
Had a nightmare last night
jis4judy posted:
Oh my gosh talk about expensive produce in my dream a small box maybe 1 pound of fresh cherries was 789.00 and a pork roast was 17,789.00 I was shopping and compaining about the prices LOl what a crazy dream Lol Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
LOL Judy! Food and Money..... two of the defining items in our lives.
Jeez I sure hope that it never gets that bad on the prices though, or soylent green could become a reality, lol...ick!
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Lol it was probably fueled by my focus on food prices from my early married days and today I could shop and feed my whole family of 4 with 20 dollars back then now for just the 2 of us it is 150 dollars a week maybe in another 50 years that dream will be a reality for someone LOl
Thats was one heck of a movie soylent green scary stuff..

Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Judy, That was a nightmare. I recently read about a family living in Chile and she (the mom) has a very difficult time affording fresh veggies. She said asparagus, a few stalks, were $26, at that price it would be difficult. She said not just asparagus but all the fresh produce is high.

I cringe at the price of gas, too. Gas prices have to be driving up the cost of food. Also the crazy weather.

Did you get alot of snow? A few people have fallen on the black ice here....really got to be careful with that.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Yes Barb we got a ton of snow 29-32 inches in my area
I did some shoveling but was getting a bit discouraged with how long it was gonna take and then my hero neighbor came by with a riding snow blower and offered to make some snow go away on the driveway for 15 dollars I couldn;t believe it he made it look easy I gave him 20 because the gas for that thing must cost at least 10 dollars I rode my bike indoors today and tomorrow is shopping day will do weight lifting then I feel like I am hibernating like a bear ..
I do think the gas prices have a lot to do with the cost of food

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy,Even when snow gets in the 4-6 inch range and there are winds, it can block your doors and the wind makes it fall from the roofs, too, to create more blockage around your house. I used to live in the country on 2 acres and had a really long driveway. When it snowed I had to pay $50! It woul really set me back when it snowed more than once a week, but there was no choice and I felt lucky to get someone to do it.

That is cool that your neighbor has a riding snow blower. You could really hurt yourself by trying to lift that heavy snow. You must have some really BIG piles of snow after this dig out.

Glad to hear you are safe. Using that indoor bike is the way to go in this weather. That will give you some cardio and keep your flexibility, too. I really like to have some exercise options at home.

Keep up the good work!

Barb

yes Barb the wind was blowing stong with the 29 inches and we couldnt open either of the doors so we started in the driveway since that door goes up instead of out it was the best place to start the windows screens were covered with snow couldn;t even see out in one side of the house .
Here is a Photo of the neighbor you can barly see him on the rideing blower.

That has to be a record snowfall!

Your neighbor gets the Good Neighbor Award for sure! My DH will blow out the neighbor's drives, but they are not big and the snow isn't anywhere near 29 inches. He does it to get some exercise and just to be nice.

Good photo!

Any power outages?

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
HI NICE NEIGHBOR!!!! I wonder if he knows this pic of him being a hero is online, lol.
Lots of snow, there Judy. Thank heavens you didn't have to do the whole drive on your own.
At least you are able to get some sort of exercise in, with your bike, and I'm sure you are doing your jumping jacks too. I want to have your activity/energy level, forever.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 181.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy,

Glad everything went well considering the situation. Cool picture.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Hi Barb The blizzard of 78 was more like 48 inches with 100foot drifts
I was only 35 back then it seemed to be easy LOl

That's ALOT of snow!

Sometimes people have heart attacks when they snow shovel a few inches of snow. Can't imagine how they do it when it gets over 30 inches.

Have your fur babies been by since the snow? How do they like the snow?

Barb

Hi Barb the pups went home before the blizzard came to town I do know they don;t hate the snow accually like it . but my daughters pup hates the snow . I told her to go out with the dag and she should make angels in the snow so the dog would see it was fun . I am not sure if she did that yet /
My pups that I had almost all winter went back to Michigan
and there is a video of them playing in the snow on facebook
Did my shopping today the car is in the shop haveing trouble starting more than once sounds like the starter isn;t allways fireing... I did get in my weight training today and a few calisthentic back to the bike tomorrow.. the roads are too narrow to walk on them ..

Judy, I have seen boots for dogs! Funny about your grand dogs and the snow and how your Mich dogs loved it. All depends what they get used to.

Good luck with your car. I hate car problems, but at least it can be fixed. Just more to do.

I am really getting close to goal weight, about 1.4 away. I have been watching and measuring and not getting off track when the scale went up a bit....that is so important to not get discouraged about working the plan and see the #'s go up.

Have a good Wednesday!.

Barb

Good job Barb getting so close to goal weight ! me too even with these horrable conditions I am getting some exercise in and the 153 is now 151 so I am getting closer too . It is just a matter of setting limits on the food and getting even a half hour of exercise in my case that works ..I am sure the Michigan pups have boots they came here with their coats only though so far so good wednesday is going fine so far

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story is I just woke up one day and decided I was tired of being fat. I got tired of wishing that I was skinny girl. Like when I would go to the st...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.