Skip to content
I'm so Hungry
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I'm trying to diet but I'm so hungry. What can I eat that I feel full at.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi BB.
If you are still right there lurking, give me a rundown of what your daily menu might look like it may help to see what you ARE eating to sort of find out what you still need to eat
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Hi BB, sorry to hear you are in a struglgle with hunger. I think we all have that until we get the right balance and helpful snacks.

I make batches of air popped popcorn. I will eat 5-6 cups with a Crystal Light. BTW, no salt or butter. It is filling!

Also veggies and a bit of low cal. ranch dressing.

You can beat this.

Barb

beautifulbuffalo replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Today's menu

wheat bagel w/light cream cheese

Pastry

Yogurt

cereal

Hamburg
Fried potatoes

4 diet gingerales

Choc. Pudding

This was today

BB

rohvannyn replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
I can see why you are hungry. I would be starving all day if I ate that menu! The bagel and pastry would cause my blood sugar to go up and give me a crash afterwards, triggering me to be hungrier earlier. The bit of protein in the cream cheese wouldn't be enough to keep me going. Same with the potatoes and the cereal and the pudding. You don't have much protein or vegetables there. Thanks for being honest and sharing, it helps us help you better.

Cheap protein sources: eggs, beans, tuna, yogurt, low fat cottage cheese.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

rohvannyn responded:
To more directly answer your question though, havin more bulk in your diet doesn't always make you feel full. Eating foods that have things your body needs will help you cut out cravings and you will be less hungry. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, lean meat, dairy, beans, all good things. Things such as white pasta, white potatoes, white bread, they will fill you up at first but make you hungry later.

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Roh's right. The AM pastry is nothing but carbs, which break down fast for quick energy but burn up just as quickly. A better option may be a small flour tortilla spread with either a triangle of Laughing Cow Light spreadable swiss and a couple strips of turkey bacon, a leftover chicken tender or some bulk turkey sausage, and/or sliced apple.... or spread with 2 Tblsp of chunky peanut butter and wrapped around a banana or some apple slices.
The cheese, meats and peanut butter are protein. Protein breaks down slowly, which give you level amounts of energy and keep you fuller longer. The added plus with the apple and spreadable swiss or peanut butter, is that it also adds fiber and crunch which helps reduce hunger and satiate that urge for crunchy foods.
Yogurt is good but isn't very filling is it? Try 1/3 cup of fat free cottage cheese and 1/2 can of Skinny fruits pineapple chunks with a sprinkling of All Bran cereal on top. Pineapple and All Bran for fiber, cottage cheese for low fat protein... again, this will be way more filling and keep you fuller longer.
You don't say if you eat the hamburger on a bun, if so, try it wrapped in a big romaine leaf with your condiments or even bunless, with all the reg veggie toppings and just eaten with a fork and knife. The bun, like all bread, is a carb and will make your blood sugar spike which will end up making you hungrier in the long run. If you must eat potatoes, try eating Sweet potatoes either sliced thin or into french fry strips, sprayed with PAM butter flavor spray and oven roasted. This cuts down on cooking fats and oils, and sweet potatoes have more nutrients than regular potatoes which will make your body have less "cravings" , because you will be feeding it better, healthier foods.
The chocolate pudding.... ok..... was it filling? Was it worth the fats and calories? If you are "starving" alot of the time...why waste the calories on a very small portion of pudding when you can have a whole plateful of raw veggies, a HUGE bowl of air popped popcorn, a nice juicy orange, peach or nectarine, 2 cups of fresh strawberries, grapes or a nice sized apple for the same amount of , or probably less than the calories in that pudding.... and NO fats?
These are just some ideas, but from what I'm seeing , you are taking in too many bread items and not enough fiber and protein which will help curb your cravings.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Hey BB,

Here's my menu for today:

1C. old fashioned oatmeal with a handful of blueberries, 2 tblsp skim milk and a sprinkling of chopped walnuts

1 C. chicken barley chili (has chicken, barley, black beans, corn, and tomatoes)

small apple

2 stoneground Kashi whole wheat crackers with wedge of Laughing Cow cheese

1 broiled chicken breast
large roamaine and baby spinach salad with carrots and red onion (I don't measure this, just make a dinner plate full of the veggies)

2 tblsp balsamic vinegariette

coffee, water

Most days this keeps me quite satisfied. When I have the occasional "hungry horrors" (as Judy calls them), I will have an extra snack of popcorn or fruit. Today I'll be a little over on protein, but I will vary it tomorrow.

Hope this helps
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Here is my menu fron yesterday

2.7 ounces orange

2 large eggs soft boiled

1 slice pumpernickle bread

black coffee

dinner

small baked chicken breast skin removed before eating

4.6 ounes sweetpotato baked

8 stalks of asparagus

a side salad with mixed greens 1/4 yellow bell pepper
a slice of red onion 3 slices english cuke 5 black olives
1 small tomato 1 hot Italian pepper and dressed with wishbone robusto dressing diluted with red wine vinager

2 cups green tea with lemon

snack .4 ounces apple cut into wedges with 1.33 T natural peanut butter

2 ounces pistachio nuts in shell edible yeild

dessert 1/3 c fat freeplain greek yogurt 1/3 T honey 1/2 Cup of sliced strawberries 1/4 C blueberries 1/8 C great grains chrunchy pecan cereal

I also had another snack of 1/4C bran flakes 2.3 ounce strawberries1/3 Cup Kashi go lean crisp 1/3 C Milk

I had water throughout the day and shopped then took a walk for 45 minutes did chores talked on the phone a while when on the phone a pace the floor
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Here is my menu for yesterday since today isn't over yet for me:

Breakfast:

2 piece of whole wheat toast - All Natural and made with 100% whole wheat. I used 1tbsp of all natural strawberry preserves on my toast. Spread .5tbsp on each piece.
2 fried eggs cooked with non stick butter spray w/ a little salt and pepper.

Coffee and 2 cups of water

1 banana

Morning Snack:

5 dried prunes
1 organic granola bar
Coffee

At this point probably drank 2 more cups of water

Lunch:

Salad with cucumbers, mushrooms, carrots, avocados, spring mix, sunflower seeds, onion, and a dash of strawberry balsamic dressing.

More water

After workout snack:

8oz protein shake - because it was leg day.

6oz of organic greek yogurt.

More Water

Afternoon snack:

Apple and an orange

More water

Dinner:

Tortilla soup made with zucchini, carrots, organic chicken breast, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chicken broth, green chiles, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Served with an 1oz of tortilla chips on the side.

Drank more water

Menu so far today:

Breakfast:

1/2 oats with blueberries, banana, and cinnamon
2 boiled eggs
Water
Coffee

Morning Snack

5 prunes
1 organic granola bar
Water
Coffee

Lunch:

Salad same as yesterday
More water
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

rohvannyn replied to blondie454u's response:
It's nice to have some of our successful maintainers give their menus to see how a normal day actually looks. When I was in active weight loss (I'm a bit lapsed at the moment) I ate a variety of fruit, and a lot of broccoli and chicken stir fry for my dinners, and I cut out the white carbs and the grains. I also ate a lot of nuts, seeds, and eggs. I lost a lot of fat despite the fact that I was eating fat in my eggs, seeds, nuts, and a little in the stir fry. I'm trying to get back to that now, but budgetary restrictions are a pain. Gas just went up another 20 cents a gallon overnight and has risen about 60 cents a gallon since last month!

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

beautifulbuffalo replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank You all for your advice. I see the meals I need to look into. But I'm a very picky eater and I don't eat a lot of those foods so I will find myself eating the same foods over and over. I don't hardly drink any water. I'm a big fan of diet Pepsi. I know that is bad for me. I've done it for 25 years and it's a hard habit to break. I'll come back with tomorrows menu and you can all judge it. Until we meet again.
BB

jis4judy replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Hi BB I am a picky eater too I really tried over and over again different ways to cook salmon I just gag on it so I started takeing fish oil capsules and forget the darn healthy salmon/ But I did learn to lov my vegies and fruits //
Is there a food that you are resistent to giveing up if so maybe make a plan to have it less often maybe once a week
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Take Judy's advice. Make yourself eat something you don't much care for once a week. You can reset your taste buds. Basically you will have to reset your whole mind frame. Slow of course. One step at a time.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

beautifulbuffalo replied to jis4judy's response:
I don't like cold veggies. Can I leave them out for the day such as what I want to make my goal to eat. I'm not a meat eater. I have to really really be in the mood or I go without and eat potatoe and veg. or a bowl of cereal. I'm getting depressed because I just don't know what to eat or I give up and eat something bad for me. I don't know if I can do this.
BB

Spotlight: Member Stories

(see my response to Andie's blog on Committing to Committment 4/3/11)

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.