Skip to content
Haveing a tough day today
jis4judy posted:
I woke up feeling yucky so decided to take today as a no intentional exercise day just pampering myself .. LOl I think I might be getting a cold or something ...Or it could be snacking to much last night not an enormous amount just more than usual binge like behavior that I held to a limit I think it made me sick .. Oh well gotta get a hold on things
I hope your all doing way better than me today
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

blondie454u responded:
Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you get better.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout responded:
Aw jeez, Judy. Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Just do what you need to do to get better. Take it easy and get better soon.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
feeling better allready Kim and Amanda I think it was a 24 hour grip or something... was feeling awfull this morning though
seems to be going away the rest day maybe helped

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Great!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Judy, Just listen to your body. I don't feel guilty about taking some time off whether it's due to my body or bad weather. Hope you feel like yourself soon!

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
yes Barb I honor my bodys messages and do take time when needed I tend to push myself and have to be aware of that too ..

Got another walk in today 45 minutes was doing closer to an hour so I toned it down some
more snow comeing tonight might be in and resting tomorrow ..

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I think this Winter-thing is wearing us all down. I went mall walking and there was alot of us doing that today because it was real icy out today.

Good for you to get that walk in YAAY YOU!

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks Barb mall walking would require my Hubby to drive me to the mall and if we aren;t shopping he doesn;t want to go there ... so I pace around the house dance a little around too // make do with what we have LOl Hugs Judy:)

pauliev responded:
I am brand new at this and really getting used to how to reply or even put a message on here.

My name is Paul, I am in Massachusetts, have suffered with a life long weight issue and before I jump off a bridge ( only kidding) but that is where i am at. afraid of diabetes and other potentially dangerous illnesses from it. I have been thru the roller coaster ride long enough.

Thanks
Paul

jis4judy replied to pauliev's response:
Hi Paul welcome to our little group I like to encourage people to eat for better nutrition rather than dieting it accually has to be a life change diets are missleading because people think Oh great I stay on this diet for a few months even a year then i can eat what i want,, if you want to remove weight and keep it off you really need to change your way of dealing with food forever no going back to old ways . If you are ready to do that we are here to help I am from Ma too

totallywiggedout replied to pauliev's response:
Hi Paul, Welcome!
A lot of us started out our journeys for the weightloss, some of us have remedied some very severe health problems by losing some weight and eating a healthier choice of foods.
I started out at 253lbs in early Jan of 2012 diagnosed with severely high blood pressure and was put on meds for it. Scared the bejeesus outta me. Was told by dr that I'd be on those meds for the rest of my life, by May, I'd dropped 50lbs and was walking daily and my bp was at normal range. Off the meds.
Judy has all but worked miracles with her healthier eating. She was fast losing her eyesight and started researching how to eat better for her eyes. Along the way she dropped 100 or so lbs and her eyesight has stabilized.....
Most of us suffer some sort of Arthritis, eating better, losing weight and getting more active has helped each and every one of us with the pain we suffer from it.
Don't jump off a bridge just get on the bus with us. We are all on this journey together.
Start a food and fitness planner, fitday.com, WebMd, LiveStrong.com.... wherever, they are all free and indispensible tools to help log all your daily foods and exercise.
Read labels, there are foods and condiments that you love.... read the backs and make the best, healthiest possible choices when purchasing. Buy light, fat free, or low fat/low or no sodium added, fruit in natural juice, fresh meats, veggies and fruits are best. Cook from scratch using these instead of buying premade , or microwave meals. That way you control everything that goes into your meals.
Drink lots of water, somewhere right around 64 oz a day.
And blog. It really helps you stay focused when you can come here, and talk about anything that is happening in your life, because when you have the right kind of support, you can BUILD bridges instead of jumping off of them, lol.
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom replied to pauliev's response:
Welcome Paul! Good for you to make the decision to get healthy. Your story is like many of ours here. I was obese for most of my life and I'm now in maintenance. I had to change my whole thinking about food and look at it more as nutrition than pleasure. I have to keep foods that I know I cannot leave alone out of my house. Although I have worked diligently to not use food for comfort, etc., I still, almost 2 years into this journey cannot trust myself around certain foods. Clean out your pantry and log your food. Be mindful of everything you consume. Exercise your body. Good luck!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I get it, when I lived out in the country I had to make do and actually would go up and down the two (2) stairs over and over again to music. I did get a work out! I used water bottles too.

Barb

jean4u replied to pauliev's response:
Paul, Welcome here. Get rid of the white carbs. I know it is hard...at first. But the healthier you eat, the better you will feel, in your head and your body.

Move more. Walk 15 min. a day and add to that.

Let us know how you do.

You can do this.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Been over weight all my life--59 years old. I need to lose about 100 pounds.I have a bad back and hip. Can't exercise I can barely walk. So I am c...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.