Skip to content
Walked for first time
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I walked for the first time in a longggggg time. Boy do I ache tonight. You name it it hurts. Now I know my disability. Can't do that everydday. Have to babysit tomorrow anyway. It just happen to be a nice winter day and decided I needed a walk. Bundled up the baby and went. Only went about a 1/2 mile. But it's a start right. My menu yesterday was:

oatmeal
glass of skim milk

peanut butter sandwich
granola bar
diet soda

fish baked
baked potatoe/sour cream

celery w/ranch dressing

I feel like I'm still hungry and not eating enough.
BB
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Good Morning BB Congrats on your first walk believe me it does get better do it slowly like you are doing just go a little further next time like past one more house on the street
If you can add in a few vegies even small amounts of them it will help you feel fuller. also some fruit would be nice ..
My favorate snack is a small apple I like empire apples
I cut it into thin slices and use it like it was chips and I dip it into 1 T natural peanut butter ... it is super yummy..
and apples have a lot of fiber that can help you feel full

Yesterdays food for me was
oatmeal with craisins walnuts and apples I cook my oatmeal in the fat free milk add 1/2 t honey some cinnamon a few drops vanilla the nuts are a topping

Dinner
Baked chicken breast skin removed before eating
2/3 C spinach
21/2 ounce sweet potato
my usual salad

a prune

apple with peanut butter

cereal snacksize 1/4 cup eaach bran flakes and kashi go lean crisp 1/5 c blueberries

1/3 c greek yogurt
2/3 c strawberries
1/4 C blueberrys 1/2 T honey
1/8 c great grains cereal crunchy pecan

1 square of dark choclate

these calories were under 1400 my fiber was over 30 grams
and my nutrition was in the very good range I use fitday to check my nutrition etc
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh crap I left out the 2 C green tea and !/3 cup of fat free milk in the cereal snack also water during the day took a walk 45 minutes and went shopping too also left out 3 ounces of fresh orange with breakfast

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Sounds a little a better. Like Judy says you need to add veggies and do without the diet soda. Slowly but surely.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

beautifulbuffalo replied to blondie454u's response:
Why is diet soda so bad for you if there are no calories in it.
BB

jis4judy replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
because it has artifial sugars in it made from chemicals and some people believe that it confuses your body into haveing sugar and when it goes to use it it isn;t there there is usually a lot of sodium in it as well

totallywiggedout replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Hi BB, this is what is thought, this is from LiveStrong.com

CravingsResearch on artificial sweeteners has focused on their effects on taste sensation, cravings and satiety. Sweeteners seem to stimulate parts of the brain that produce pleasurable effects without stimulating those parts that make people feel full. Researchers at the University of Colorado reported in the February 2008 issue of NeuroImage that the brain recognizes the sweet taste of sucralose as rewarding by showing activity in the reward system -- which may lead to craving more sweet taste -- but it does not stimulate the parts of the brain that lead to satiety. In 2007, researchers at the Université Bordeaux demonstrated in rats that an intense sweet taste is more rewarding than cocaine.
Aspartame ControversyOver the years of its use, aspartame has been the subject of controversy of legendary proportion, and has been blamed for cancer, lupus and multiple sclerosis. Some studies indicate cancer in rodents from lifelong use of low doses of aspartame, yet other reviews, sometimes funded by the sweetener industry, find no negative effects.
WarningAspartame, marketed in the United States under the names NutraSweet or Equal, may cause brain damage in individuals with the genetic disorder phenylketonuria (PKU) or to the developing fetus of a pregnant woman with PKU. The disorder is diagnosed as part of a newborn screening in most developed countries. PKU is treated by limiting exposure to substsances called phenylalanines, of which aspartame is one. If you have PKU, consuming aspartame could be very dangerous.
ImplicationsArtificial sweeteners have not been shown to promote weight loss, and some studies show that the sweet taste may actually cause more craving of sweets. To be on the safe side, avoid artificial sweeteners if you're trying to lose weight. At the least, keep track of whether you crave sweets when you use sweeteners

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/163629-effects-of-artificial-sweetener-on-the-human-brain/#ixzz2M8X8mM1Q
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
From my own experience, stevia doesn't make me crave sugar. I generally don't use artificial sweetners because they taste bad to me. White carbs do, however. Interesing article, Kim!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy replied to rohvannyn's response:
Hi Roh I think stevia isn;t an artificial sweetener it is a natural one

rohvannyn replied to jis4judy's response:
Some blends of Stevia (like Truvia) do have artificial sweetener included, some do not. But even as a natural sweetener, the information Kim posted might still hold true because Stevia gives a sweet flavor without calories. I personally haven't had that effect of a greater sweet craving when using it, but it bears thinking about.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy replied to rohvannyn's response:
So thats something I wasn;t aware of Roh for me i don;t use any of the zero calorie sweeteners for just that reason .about craves I think pasta makes me crave more could be the flour in it I do mix it half and half with whole grain pasta ,,
and that helps a little..

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
I use honey as my sweetner.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
Me too Amber I use honey all the time I saw your post and shared it on facebook about the honey and cinnamon really interesting read

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
It was a great article. I eat honey and cinnamon about every day because they taste so good. I had no idea of all those benefits.

beautifulbuffalo replied to blondie454u's response:
What benefits.
BB

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Amanda. 24 Years Old.. Married to the love of my Life, been married for 2 years August 8. Together for 6. Scale says im 247, I dont have a goal wei...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.