Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
NSV
kalimiller posted:
My DH and I ended up going to California this weekend. It's a long story why that happened, so I won't go into that. But, it was a pretty cool trip. I'd never been to the San Fransico area, so that was pretty cool. We did a fair amount of walking while we were at the piers - and I didn't really get too tired from all of the uphill walking either. Probably the best this to happen was that I was able to go up 5 flights of stairs in a parking garage without stopping or getting super winded. I was a little winded when I got to the top, but I got there at the same time as the elevator did. All in all, it was a pretty good trip. But I am happy to be home and able to cook my own meals.
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

jis4judy responded:
awsome Kali your NSV is a great one going up those stairs
and only feeling a little winded is a biggy//
Congrats I am glad you enjoyed the visit to San fran
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Kali, sounds like you had a good time and got to do a little sightseeing on this unexpected trip. Hope all turned out well with whatever happened to make you go in the first place.
You did really well with the stairs, so proud of you! Keep up the good work.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Kali, Good NSV!!! That's what we like to hear....really how cool is that to do 5 flights of stairs and meet the elevator! WTG!

Getting back on control of your foods by cooking is the way to go, too.

I will give you my February goal update: I am back to Goal Weight (down 6 and put it on back in November and December).

Like you do, I am getting OCD about portion control and night eating. I think watching these two things is crucial to maintain a weightloss.

Glad you enjoyed San Francisco. I spent a month there. I really enjoyed the street performers at Ghiradelli Square and just "people watching".

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Kali, San Francisco is the hilliest city, and the hills are so TALL! I'd have been huffin and puffin by the top, grats on your successful climb to the top of the world!
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom responded:
Great NSV, Kali! I love San Francisco! It is a GREAT city to walk in. So glad you had a good time.

Following Barb's lead on Feb. goals (congrats by the way, Barb), I was 150 this morning and I have been faithfully exercising. Actually yesterday at lunch, I jogged 2 miles and walked 2 miles. Averaged a little over 12 min. miles according to MapMyWalk. Yay me!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Yeh, YAY YOU! Jeez Debbie, I'm feelin bad about my lumpiness all over again, lol. Are you getting a bikini body for Summer or what??
huggs
k

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, LOVE IT! the 150, WTG!!!

Be proud of your committment to your plan. BTW, in a post to Kim on the discussion "gaining, midlife", I wrote about hearing the board buddies virtual voices in my head.LOL Yours said "Barb go for a walk", 'cause I know that's what you would say!

Barb

P.S. Thanks (for the congrats).

blondie454u responded:
That's great Kali! Sounds like you had a blast!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
Go Debbie! Great Job!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

JHorn22 replied to blondie454u's response:
Omg! How did you lose so much weight?? And how long did it take?

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks, guys! You're the best. Kim, this body is way too old for a bikini, but it definitely looks better now in a modest swimsuit than it did!

Yes, Barb, I hear all of you in my head, mostly when I'm about to make a poor choice!!! No, that's not true. Actually, when I feel successful, I want to come here and share. Mostly because you guys will celebrate with me (and vice versa), but also because you guys truly "get it." Good Lord willing, we'll all be here still celebrating for a long time.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I am truly impressed with your walk/run before you get home!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all, I am a new member, mid forties and about 54 lbs overweight, I tried everything, including gastric bypass (lost about 100 at first) it's be...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.