Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
feeling hopeless
jessicapolnick posted:
in my wieght loss journey. my boyfriend & not the father of my child keeps getting irritated when i ask him to watch my 5yr old, who is VERY EASY to watch, saying i dont need to go 5 days a week or I have stuff to do, or there is MORE IMPORTANT things to do. also telling me just to eat this or that with all the fast food junk. it's getting hard to even stay motivated. he says i look fine, witch at 23 5ft7in 230 IS NOT FINE. i'm just getting discouraged & FILLLLED UP WITH STRESSSS. at home work outs are not an option as my bf has friends over almost everyday. so i'm not going to do it while people are at my home & there is not a room I can close the door in. I have baby sitters, but he almost gets mad i'm not spending time with him, rather i'm going to the gym. it's always an excuse or pissy attitude. I'm feeling to overwhelmed. WHAT SHOULD I DO???

totallywiggedout responded:
jessica,
I urge you to take a good hard look at what you want..... and what's standing in your way.
Just like everything else , if it doesn't work or is harmful in any way, you would get rid of it, get it out of the house, right?
That said....
You need to focus on getting healthy and happier with yourself. For you and your child.
Don't go along to the fast food places or google ahead and find the healthiest choices for meals at that restaurant. Not just the lowest calories, but lower fats and sodium contents.
If you work outside of the home, do the best you can with keeping up the house. Be responsible for your half of the duties. But beyond that, as long as you have a sitter or can take your 5 yr old with you to exercise like at the park, then you ARE doing what is important.
Stay strong. Keep your resolve. Boyfriends come and go, but your HEALTH is ALWAYS going to be with you, good or bad, it's yours, so OWN it.
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Listen to Kim. To what's best for you and your child, which is being healthy so you can be there for your child. I had to make this kind of decision in a previous marriage. I actually divorced him because he was standing in my way of what I wanted. Maybe there was other issues there and maybe they could have be resolved by counseling but again he was in my way and you don't stand in my way. Again this me not you so you have to decide for yourself what you want.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar's effect on your body.
An hour and a half long but worth it. I will watch this multiple times until I know it by heart. Sugar leads to the immediate formation of ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.