Skip to content
Lovely day today
jis4judy posted:
took a nice walk today should have been my day off of intentional exercise but it was so nice out and we have more snow comeing tomorrow that will be a better day off..
got my shopping done this morning too a walk right after i put all the grocerys away, walked for an hour with a lot of backward steps my hubby was a slowpoke...
I tried Kims banana walnut oatmeal it was Ok but not as flavorfull as my other 2 I like to make ... I may try it again and make sure the banana is riper the Banana was ripe just not over ripe...that may make a difference
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Judy, sounds like you were doing "the early bird catches the worm" thing today. Gonna get it all done before the snow flies...lol
Yep. when I make up the oatmeal with smashed banana it's always the "leftover" bananas that time forgot.... Just about to the point of no return, because they are sweetest right then. But I zap em right along with the oatmeal as i cook it, too. That seems to meld the flavors more, then I sprinkle with cinnamon and the nuts just before serving..
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Judy, good to take advantage of a nice day when you get one.
I got to go grocery shop today. Making lists cause I go to a few different places. Got to figure what I do need.

I am out of my air popped popcorn, so I will take the time to pop and store about 4 gallon size baggies. I know this sounds crazy but it's just too much to haul out the popper and do it when I want it as my "go-to" and "on-the-go" snack. Soo much easier to have it ready.

Changing the subject, I have been able to buy really good red grapefruits. When these are good, they really are a treat!

Sounds like you got alot done! Walking AND grocery shopping, a full day.

I cut and store my over-ripe bananas in freezer and they work out good in oatmeal. I don't like the under ripe ones either.

Nice that you and your hubby walk together, even if you are the "Energizer Bunny". LOL

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, Even when the apples are getting over-ripe, I chop and nuke w/cinnamon, raisens or craisens to have with oatmeal. Freeze in snack baggies for future use. Good with fat free cottage cheese, too.

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Thanks for the heads up on the bananas, Judy and Kim. I'm going to pick some up when I grocery shop after work on Fri.

Glad you got your walk in on a pretty day. We continue to have rain, rain and more rain. Have been walking/jogging on the indoor track here at lunch. Absolutely hate going round and round - love to be outdoors. AND the route it shows me taking on MapMyWalk makes it look like I'm a stumbling around drunk. The red path lines are all over the place. LOL!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Ladies The snow didn;t show up today it turned to rain so I am takeing today as my day off will be doing household duties instead .
You all seem to be progressing nicely Barb with her plan to make air popped popcorn ahead of time.. I really am picky I need fresh popped to enjoy it so I do drag out the air popper everytime I feel like it..
Debbie makeing use of an indoor track wish I had one outdoors is more energising I thing but we have to make do with whats available..
Kim I did add cinnamon but I cooked it in and added the banana mashed to the oatmeal while cooking too maybe that cinnamon on top is helpful for the flavor too . It looked bland in color to me so I tossed a half dozen blueberrys on top for the color with cinnamon maybe on top it would make it look better too ...
Lots of thinking going on

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, you can never go wrong with the addition of blueberries or strawberries. They are just so healthy and colorful. They make me happy just looking at them.
I'm sorry for your crappy weather, but at least now you will have a sparkling clean house, huh?
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yep Kim just finished the bathroom and then the kitchen floors on hands and knees cleaned the whole bathromm but just kitchen floor looks good allready
will do more after I cool off

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, that's too funny about those path lines all over the place! You've heard the expression, if your moving your doing laps around those still on the COUCH! Love that one.

Let's keep moving...it's hard to hit a moving target!

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hey, KIm, were you looking in my a.m. food bowl....strawberries and blueberries an a bit of pineapple!

I also had 1/2 cup of my "concoction" of oatmeal (uncooked), vanilla almond milk, wheat germ, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, some raisens and Chia seeds. I mix this up and it stores for 4 days

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Whoa Nelly! Judy, you on some of Kim's new meds???

You REALLY are the Energizer Bunny! Now you can enjoy a really clean house. I don't think all my rooms will ever get done at once. My DH always finds something to drag me away and I go willingly. LOL (maybe to avoid cleaning)

Just think how many calories you got rid of, too!

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Oh Gosh Barb a really clean house not even in my dreams is that gonna happen I just wanted to clean what is nessesary to keep clean my family room and liveing room need dusting and vacuuming and that hardly ever gets done, and guess what even when you clean like crazy it gets dirty again within a few days so the exercise is the only real benifit LOL otherwise you are working all the time if you try to keep it clean Hugs Judy:)

blondie454u responded:
Glad everyone seems to be in good spirits.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am currently 300 pounds and I am just starting my weight loss journey. I am setting a 3 month goal of losing 24 pounds through eating less calories ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.