Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
1 mi. walk is 2500 steps
justmejust posted:
Hi all, I found out by use of my pedometer that the daily mile walk I take is only 2500 steps. I did it twice today and yesterday to increase my steps and movement, but I still make maybe 7,000 steps total in a day.

I don't think that is enough steps daily to maintain health. Most days I stay home and lounge around, watch tv, read, do some house chores. On days I play cards or see a movie, I sit more!

I probably need some basic meal plans/tasty recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner too. Maybe that focus will disuade me from eating the home made chocolate chip whole wheat cookies I keep making "for my kids".

I know, I know! Also, my leg muscles tightened on my right leg, like the tendon is tight. My chiropractor is working on it with me. I don't think average daily steps of about 5,000 are too many for my pain? I want to move more to be healthy and get stronger.

Hey Kim, may I please have that link to the chair exercises again? I figure as long as I am sitting around anyway I can try those again.

Thanks! Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Laura, sure thing, here's the link

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos-detail.asp?video=42

I still do this and still love it. It helps my posture when I walk too, which in turn helps my gait.
Hope this helps you too.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Laura,

Good that you are taking stock on how much you are moving each day. I used a pedometer for a short time, but could not find one to stay on my waist. Also, I found it would count too much or too littlle. I do better by watching the time. I try to get in 2 hours of exercise in, but if I don't, that's OK, too.

Yes, those chocolate chip cookies are tempting. I was tempted by cinnamon raisen bread when my kids were in school. I would have 4-5 toasted slices (with butter) with my coffee. I was more sedentary at that time, too.

Are you talking about meal plans for you or your whole family? If it's just you, go to Sparkpeople.com for healthy recipes.

Keep us informed. Getting back on track does take some time. I got off in November and it took me until just last week to feel like I really am back in my groove.

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
KIm, Oh, you gave Laura the spark site, too. LOL I love that site, but I like the day to day that goes on here.

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Me too , Barb. Nobody does it better than we do!
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I like the "easy breezy" style here. The spark site is ginormous and you can find anything you want to know there.....but I would feel a bit of pressure and I don't want this journey to cause stress, because we know what stress can cause....binging. Anyway I don't want to think that posting is work. I do enough work in getting my foods 80% right and getting exercise in my day (most times).

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Good job on realizing what you need to and getting advice.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 48 and would like to shed 50 pounds. I have been a vegetarian for 30 years; I love to be active outdoors; I feel like I have a healthy lifesty...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.