Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trouble Sleeping
hope64 posted:
Since I have restricted my calories to what webmd says I should eat every day I've been having problems sleeping. It's like I am sleeping but not REM sleep. I am half conscious and am aware of every twist and turn.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Any suggestions. I thought maybe I should excercise more to tire out my body but that will reduce my net cals???

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Hope,
How late do you eat or do you drink anything with caffeine before bed?
If you eat any type of carbs at a late dinner, you may have to burn off a bit of that "sugar breakdown" energy. And if you drink anything at all after dinner, make sure it's maybe not chocolate(which has caffeine too) , coffee or pop. Try some herbal tea like Earl Grey or Sleepy Time.
If you plan ahead for your dinners that have carbs, then just make sure you have a little bit more expenditure for a bit of relaxation exercise before bed. It doesn't have to be a hard workout, it may be something simple like Tai Chi which you can find on Utube.... it's very slow movement and is very relaxing.
The thing is, that when you lose weight, and begin to exercise more, you get less blood restriction to your brain. It improves brain function in other words. You may be experiencing a sort of euphoric rush of brain energy which is keeping you awake.
Google relaxation techniques and see if you can find something that works best for you.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story is I just woke up one day and decided I was tired of being fat. I got tired of wishing that I was skinny girl. Like when I would go to the st...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.