Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Friday!
abnersmom posted:
I'm so glad it's Friday. I visited my son and family in AL last weekend so this weekend will be catch up on housework, etc. Got to make another batch of chicken soup and maybe some bread if time permits. Weather forecast is cold and wet so it will be a good time to get in some indoor tasks. I'm so anxious for spring to arrive though.

March already?!! Time to rethink goals....
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jis4judy responded:
welcome back Debbie
Glad you had a nice visit and your post reminds me I am out of chicken broth gotta make another batch might be a good way to spend the weekend Our weather is great right now we had all that snow and freezing rain last week this comeing week looks good March 1st spring is close by
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
YAAAY, Friday, not the same impact when retired, though as when I had a Mon-Fri job. Sounds like you are going to be a busy bee. I got to do some kitchen time, too. Need to portion-up and freeze the soup I made last week, just too much to eat now.

Yes, thinking about spring sure makes me glad I got serious and back on plan.

I think I will start a discussion about setting March goals.

Barb

kalimiller responded:
I'm so excited for spring to be here. I've already started planning out what things I'm going to be planting in our garden.

Just trying to get over being sick. It's just been lingering...and lingering...I took yesterday off of work and hopefully with that and this weekend I'll get enough rest to kick it to the curb.
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Chicken and veggies simmering away this morning. Will finish it up later after it's cooled and I've skimmed the fat. Next up, get bread started, clean house and hopefully, get my walk in before lunchtime. Had to come here first though to get my day off to an awesome start!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
I got the turkey, barley, veggie soup portioned and stored in freezer baggies and in the freezer. That was on my mind for awhile....done!

Finished my mall walk at 11:30.

Good to get that soup a-going! Sounds like you are on a roll.

Barb

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Sounds like you had a busy day too. Yep, my soup's in the freezer too. Two loaves of whole wheat bread made as well. Had shredded chicken left over so made some chicken salad with fat free mayo and celery, a little salt and pepper. That with some Romaine lettuce made a yummy lunch yesterday.

Well, off to take Abner to the beauty shop, Walmart and back here later to get some papers graded. Have a lovely, healthy day everyone!

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie, sounds like you're quite chipper today, lol
I boiled up two HUGE pork butts yesterday, took ALL DAY but boy does that take off a LOT of the fats in them. Then today, went for my walk then got down and dirty with pulling the pork apart and getting all the REST of the fat out and off of it.... got everything spiced and sauced and back in the oven now for pulled pork sandwiches for the family. Smells great, but I'm not a big fan of pork.... too heavy, too rich. So I may have a little with my sweet potatoes and a little cole slaw.
Hope Abner gets a good cut and some stinky foo foo perfume too, lol
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

I going through menopause and gained 10 pounds to my top weight of 240. I am 5'10', so people told me I carried my weight well, but the bottom...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.