Skip to content
March GOALS
jean4u posted:
OMG, it's March already. Only 30 days until Easter, too.

Time for you know what, a new month, let's set some GOALS

I like to keep mine simple.

1. Keep a lid on eating after dinner, i.e. late night snacking. OK if needed resort to a 100 calorie snack and ff milk.

2. Watch portion control. Watch portion control. Watch portion control. Repeat over and over until I get it!!!

3. Move MORE.

I know these monthly goal setting posts really help me to focus and reset my motivation and plan.

GOOD LUCK with your plans!

Barb

jean4u responded:
Darn, it posted 2x's! Just reply on this one and hopefully the 2nd will go away.

Barb

kalimiller replied to jean4u's response:
I think I will wait until Monday to put some goals on here. Feeling crummy doens't really make me want to think of goals for the month at all. Those look like good goals Barb. You can do it!
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

jis4judy responded:
Ok Barb I am gonna post some goals
1 I am going to ignore the urge to binge thats been challengeing me lately for some reason I am too aware of stupid stuff like cake mixes when I walk buy when shopping this is weird

2 I must keep portion control over and over I have to remind myself on this

3 I will keep up my exercise thru summer rain or shine

and 4 I will honor my cut off time been slipping on this one no wonder the Christmas weight keeps returning 153 this morning

believe this or not I was ashamed to post this
and did it anyway thats a start
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, Monday's just fine. Hope you feel better!

Thanks for the encouragement and for initiating this monthly discussion.

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I think it helps to put in writing, even if we know these things. I can't believe it took me since January to get rid of 5-6 lbs. I put on in Nov-Dec. GRRR! BTW, I was embarrassed to admit I had put on 5-6 and it was starting to look like that was going to be my new weight. We got to fight to stay in a comfortable weight. For me it is the 130's. I weighed 139.6 today, so it is going to be a LONG fight! (to stay in the 130's and not creep or zoom into 140-land)

I know your emphasis on having a cut off time is critical in maintenance. I would still be in the 140's (maybe even close to 150) if I didn't get a handle on the snacking after dinner. I usually eat late anyway, this IS rediculous to do this on a steady basis. Just a bad habit rearing it's ugly head!

You will really like this one about portion control.....lately, rather than "be bothered' with packing a portion for another meal, I will just eat it to save the bother of packing it. What, another bad habit being formed!

Didn't mean for this response to be so long but your post got me thinking how important it is to keep ourselves in check and review our behavior and see what needs work. Hey, YOU and all of us are doing some things right, but it's those little changes, just like we did in the beginning that will add up, whether good or not so good.

Hang in there!

Barb

jean4u replied to jean4u's response:
AMBER, I'm going to respond to you on this discussion. I double clicked as it looked like it didn't take an ended up with 2 discussions.

You posted on the 2nd one, but I am responding to you here.

You wrote about being stressed and running around too much. I hope that gets better in March and continues.

I'm sure with work and your family it gets pretty hectic. I do think the world, in general, is a more stressful place than when I was your age. Gas prices, housing, food, everything was cheaper and less busy and more patience for everything. I even find myself wanting things to happen faster and sometimes get irritated when having to wait, then I re-think my impatience and chill.

Let us know how it goes in March.

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Great goals, Judy and Barb. Kali, hope you feel better soon. Get some rest.

March goals:

Continue walking 6 days a week. Walking at work during lunch hour has helped me stay on track with exercise. My goal is to stick with it.

Continue to control portions and watch nutrition carefully.

March is a stressful month at work due to fall and spring registration. Focus on exercise and meditation to keep stress under control.

Begin each morning by appreciating all the good things in my life.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

justmejust responded:
My March Goals:

I tried to post this yesterday and it wouldn't post, so here it is...

1) walk 1 mile (or do chair exercise) and stretch every day

2) have a carrot, a green vegetable, and a half grapefruit, or apple every day

3) cut out all treats

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I know we can do this! I really like that you have a plan for dealing with the upcoming registration stressful time. Doesn't just having a forthcoming plan to deal with this just feel like your secret weapon!

I am seriously thinking about creating a Zen area in my home for meditation. Sure is interesting the places this journey takes us, just like one of those Dr. Seuss books says and Auntie Mame.....lots of interesting places!

Barb

Judy, I almost forgot to tell you what my DH's "evil" twin brother did, last nigh, he brought me a big bowl of newly opened chips, when they ar big and curled. I did peek in the bowl. This was going on 10 PM. I thought about how I am finally have some success at getting that holiday weight off. I didn't do it. I thought about you and this struggle and I got my grip back.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Oh Barb thats totally awsome late night eating is so bad for weight loss Congrats on your NSV awsome awsome and more awsome !!!! I know how difficult it is to resist chips
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Major NSV, Barb. Congrats! That was a tough one. Planning ahead has been something that I've learned on this journey, and you're right, it helps in all areas of life not just weight control.

Barb, I'm still learning about meditation, but it is/has made a difference in my busy life. I highly recommend it. This journey which began as a "diet" has taken me many interesting and worthwhile places.

Oh and I love the old movie version of Auntie Mame. Talk about someone who knew how to enjoy life!!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

Judy, I must have gone overboard on sodium, but I did OK in meals (portions, etc.) and exercise but was up a lb. I look at it this way. the consistency of this journey will pay off. Just keep humming that Gene Autry song (Back In The Saddle). LOL

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I recall the line (from Auntie Mame) "Life is a smorgasbord and most poor saps are starving!" I think that this is the way to look at this healthy lifestyle.....add to your life but not with food per se.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.