Skip to content
I'm hungry 2
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I've started back to drinking soda. I'm back sliding. I need to get back on track. But I feel hungry. But I think it is more bordom than anything. The boarder i get the more I eat. I need to get back on track. I've been depressed lately, feeling very lonely.

TOday I had a:
pastry
yogurt
slice of toast
bananna
diet soda

somebody get me back on track. Please
BB

mefirstforever responded:

Hi BB, We are all here your not alone.

First you have to get in a different mine set. You can do this. The road is worthwhile taking.

When you go to the grocery store. You should not be hungry and you should have a list.

Second go only to the outside lanes of the store. Out of the danger zones.
Start at fruits and vegetables section and move on to the milk yoghurt eggs and cheeses section and then in meats and protein Isles.

It's going to be hard at the beginning because the stores do put junk food in the middle of the Isles.

Every time you put something in the basket you have to ask yourself Is this processed food - don't buy it. If it's not in your house you won't eat it.

You have to learn how to read labels

http://www.fda.gov/food/resourcesforyou/consumers/nflpm/ucm274593.htm

Click on label on the item you want to learn about and the explanation will appear. Listen after a year I still have a hard time. But try an try again and we will succeed.

Not to feel hungry you have to understand how food acts with your body.

High sugar content food l pasty will give you a boost of energy but will also in time give you a great low. This is why we are always tired. Same thing appends with white bread or white rice or white pasta. White evil foods.

If you just change the pastry with protein like 2 eggs or lean ham or cheese you will feel fuller and less tired.

If you can't stop you diet drinks don't you can take on this battle later.

Putting good food in your body will help you with the energy and you mood. You will feel better and you will be able to tackle on exercises and life in general.

I would even suggest seeing how much calories you can eat with your weight and height to maintain and go down gradually from that.

Learn how to eat healthy before even thinking of loosing weight. And the weight will come off automatically.

Here is another learning tool
http://www.mydailyintake.net/basics/

Hope this helps a little, one day at the time sometime it will be one minute at the time but you can do this. Patience is a virtue we must all learn.

Huggs
Helene

Huggs

Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

pauliev responded:
HI Beautiful,

My name is Paul, second week on here. I am a slide expert!! I don't know you which is hard because being a guy it's hard to talk to someone if you don't know them and you don't want to make them uncomfortable...but, I am in your shoes. We're yoyo's. I am fighting so hard to beat this damn problem and I am taking it one day at a time, one meal at a time and many days 1 hour at a time.

I understand your frustrations. Beautiful in my opinion we preoccupy ourselves because for whatever reason we are sliding we are thinking of just the moment and not tomorrow. THe thought of having a soda, or whatever it is, satisfies our immediate pain and gets us thru to the next point that we get the feel good feeling from maybe, eating chips. It is all emotional and psychological.

I evaluate the next hour, next day and I find other feel good things to do that charge the fridge. If you think about it , when you are on cue and things are going well, we all want to brag about it because we are on a roll, when we hit the skids, we seek out support because we are sliding again. Have to break the cycle.

Remember, "It's never too late to be what you might have been !!"

totallywiggedout responded:
Happy Sunday, BB. Cheer up dearheart we are all behind you, and admittedly, have all been "on a slide" before.
Just understand, that one slide doesn't ruin your plan, and doesn't even ruin your whole day . IF you can see when you are sliding, then you can IMAGINE the stopping point. Build from THAT moment that you realized that you slid and try to get control back.
Don't just give up and think , "well today is shot to hell, I can just eat what I want and catch up tomorrow." It won't happen, because one full "off" day will soon become an "off" week if you let it happen. Then it becomes a true struggle to get control back. Best to try to get back on track right off the bat.
Helene is right about better, healthier choices.
I was reading back on your posts, at one time you were eating eggs, cod, haddock, some asst fruits and veggies, rice and oatmeal, skim milk, cheeses... etc.
I see you like your toast, have you been eating whole wheat? It's a much healthier choice and adds more fiber which will fill you up and keep you fuller longer.
Please, try to do this one thing. Throw away those stupid pastries. They didn't cost that much and they are killing your enthusiasm for your journey. Get rid of them, and don't buy any more. IF you want one that badly, wait and have ONE after 30 days of being on track on your journey. Like Judy does as a reward with her icecream. But don't buy them in a box, just buy ONE for that one special reward.
Instead of the pastry, eat your toast spread with a very very light coating of peanut butter, slice 1/2 your banana on top and have 1/2 cup(dry) cooked oatmeal with the other 1/2 banana cut up into it or an omlette made with 1 whole egg and 1 egg white, with a small sprinkling of Fat Free sharp cheddar cheese. If you do the omlette, save the other half of banana to eat sliced into a fruit salad for lunch or a fruit smoothie for snack.
That cuts out the yogurt which isn't very filling and the pastry.
Like Helene says, don't cut out your soda if you can't stand it..... maybe cut down on how many you drink if possible.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

beautifulbuffalo replied to totallywiggedout's response:
This whole thing makes me so mad as I gained this 100 lbs. because of medicine I was taking. I just recently stopped taking this particular medicine. It was depression medicine. I'm on a different medicine but it's 100lbs to late..

I like my bread and I have no problem eating wheat, but I'm not a big vegetable eater, just can't stomach the stuff I'm ok eating greek yogurt, peanut butter some cheese, hard boiled eggs and I'm not a fruit eater. I'm such a picky eater.

I'm thinking of joining a gym and then I don't have the excuse of it's to cold out to go for a walk, but I have to be careful as I am on disability and have very bad knees left leg hip and leg and my back is bad. I've had 3 surgeries on my knee and 2 back surgeries and neck surgery on 3 disks.

This is my dilemma.
BB

jis4judy replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Hi BB Have you looked at your past to try and find out why you are such a picky eater?
I was allways sort of picky myself but have learned to like some vegies I allways liked fruit
pastries are one of the worse foods there is for health and you seem to keep buying it ..
I hate store bought baked goods I allways baked my own well that turned into a problem so I had to give up bakeing I only use my bakeing skills on holidays like christmas thansgiveing and birthdays . In order to be successful at weight removale you do have to adjust your thinking and learn to try new things.
Bread should be 100% whole grain on the label not just wheat bread that means nothing One thing is certain that proccessed foods are made with the intent for the manufacurer to make a lot of money so they contain a lot of sugars fats and salt know appetite stimulators they cause you to be hungrier than if you ate some whole foods //
You should have seen me when I started walking 100 pounds over weight asthma tendonitis there I was walking around puffing on my inhaler I must have been a sight.
I hope something in here helps get you going again//
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Like everyone said to you before you have to change your mindset on this journey but no all at once. Like Judy said figure out why you're a picky eater and slowly change it. It's the same concept as if you were addicted drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes. Food is an addiction just like anything else. First step is to admit your problem, which you have. Whew! and that was hard. The hardest point is fixing the addiction. Discovery why you do this or that with food? Write it down and work on it. Slow and steady wins the race.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

beautifulbuffalo replied to blondie454u's response:
I'm a plain eater. No SPICES. My stomach can't handle it.
BB

totallywiggedout replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
BB,
There is a world of difference between, "I don't like" and "can't eat". Can't eat means some sort of medical predisposition that causes some foods to be harmful to you. Don't like is mainly a taste concept only and if a person reads the labels on the manufactured stuff they buy, they are probably eating without really knowing it. Like the ubiquitous "spices" on most labels... it's never broken down so you have NO idea what you are eating. Yet, you ARE eating it, and seemingly enjoying it.
So , let's look at your available foods... you have a grocery store near, I'm assuming it's not just a convenience store/ gas station that you purchase your foods at.
Please list ALL of the fresh fruits and veggies that you CAN eat, not just the ones you WILL eat. And Everything that is redily available at that store. Being that most places have a larger chain store colse now, that means there should be a good selection of foods.....what store do you shop at btw? I wonder this because fresh sweet potatoes or yams are pretty much available year round in most supermarkets.
Then the fresh and processed meats(hot dogs, bacon, ham,lunch meats), fish and shellfish that you CAN eat
Then ALL of the cheeses you CAN eat
Unless you are allergic to eggs, which by your past posts I know you aren't , we know you CAN and WILL eat these
Then all of the dairy, like Fat Free cottage cheese, yogurts(list all flavors you CAN eat, Plz), and skim milks , soy milk or Almond milk.
THEN , plz list ALL of the condiments like ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, bbq sauces.... ALL salad dressings, All premade (canned or jarred) sauces, like spaghetti sauce, marinara, alfredo, etc that you CAN eat...
All canned goods like fruits and veggies... even if your store doesn't have a super good selection of fresh stuff, I'm sure they have a good selection of canned veggies and fruits... list All of the ones you CAN eat plz, ALL of them plz
If you eat chips, crackers or any other type of goodies, list all of those too.
Then ALL of the beans, rices and pastas that you CAN eat, either dried or canned and rinsed
THEN , finally, list ALL of the spices, salt and pepper included that you CAN eat, even in small amounts
Now when I say CAN I also mean DO. You eat more than you are letting us know about or you wouldn't weigh as much as you do. There's more here than meets the eye and without knowing everything we can't very well help you. We keep hitting brick walls because you maybe aren't being specific enough and we do want to help.
With this COMPREHENSIVE , ALL INCLUSIVE list from you, we may better be able to make recipe suggestions and quick healthy meal and snack suggestions for you.
huggs
kim

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Go Kim! We also can't do the work for you. You have to be willing to put in the work to make this work for you. All we can do is give you help along the way. In the end you have work at this and work at this hard. Yes it's frustrating and yes you're going to fail at times. When you fail pick up and start over again. Eventually you will quit starting over and realize it's not worth it to fail but you have to work to get there. You have to make sacrifices to want certain things. You have to decide if it's worth it to you to work that hard.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

beautifulbuffalo replied to blondie454u's response:
Well I Lost 4 more lbs. I'm eating when I'm hungry not when I'm bored which I usually do.l've been sticking to my diet. Having trouble giving up the diet soda so my therapist said to drink it with ice and it will get deluted. I've been depressed for the past few days so I haven't been eating much at all. I'm not a mood eater. I can walk about a mile before my hip hurts so bad I have to turn around so I know I will make it home.
BB

abnersmom replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Congrats on the 4 lbs. Good for you. Also, congrats on keeping moving despite the pain. That's impressive!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

mefirstforever replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Wow another 4 pounds congrats !!!

Your doing great, walk with bad hips. You can vary and do upper body exercises like Amber. She as a great routine.
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
That's really great BB. A mile one way? That's about twice what I do in the am but that's great that you can do it.
Grats on the 4 lb loss. That's significant. You seem to be getting your head wrapped around this a bit better.
Just remember, progress not perfection. You'll get there.
huggs
k

blondie454u replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Great job!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am a mom of three beautiful "grown-up" children, I have landed here on this page because I have to get a grip on my weight. I have gai...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.