Skip to content
hitting a plateau
maryt520 posted:
Help! I've only lost 17 lbs (out of 125) and I've already hit a plateau. I'm eating the recommended 1400-1600 cal. a day, walking for an hour (3 miles) and not eating my fitness calories. I'm also drinking about 100 oz. of water a day. What else can I do? I'm considering green coffee bean extract. Any suggestions? Thanks. Mary

jis4judy responded:
Hi Mary
breaking a plateau requires a change in either calories or exercise. are you sure it is a plateau or could it be that time of month ? in other words how long have you been plateaued? You might try takeing the calories down to 1300 to 1500 that could make things move a little better . are you eating as healthy as you can the choices you make in foods can be a big factor..
also evening eating can wreck a healthy journey
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Hi Mary! Plateaus are horrible during weight loss. They are very discouraging but don't give up. Take Judy's advice.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

maryt520 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy. I have been eating healthy choices (protein & minimal sugars). It's been two weeks & not that time of month. I think I'll try lower the calories, eat more veggies & stick it out. I feel better about my choices & exercise so that's a positive. Thanks again. mary

jis4judy replied to maryt520's response:
Ok Mary if it is only 2 weeks just stay the couse sometimes our weight will fucuate when I first started way back in 2003
I weight in offcially monthly so I wouldn;t see any of those flucuations sounds more like flucuations to me than a plateau
You cannot go wrong when you focus on vegies and fruits
I am maintaining and still have to watch my foods and keep on exerciseing
keep us posted on your proggress 17 pounds is a great start
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:

Hi Mary,

Plateaus are unfortunately your body reacting the new restrictions.

Meats must be lean no skin and broiled with no added oils or butter or very liltle.
When you count calories you have to add all and measure all. All condiments like vinaigrettes or ketchup etc.. Must be counted. You now a tablespoon of oil is 120 calories.
Hang in there Mary. You are already doing over 90% of the work it will pay off.
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

mefirstforever responded:
Mary did you loose 17 pounds in a month ?

You should be doing jumping kack of joy !!!!

Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am very new to this and I am unsure of how to get started. I will be married for 30 years this Dec. I have two boys 28 and 25. I need to make a heal...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.